1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone Baby BB 23cm - 29.5cm discussion part 3

May 22, 2014

1. Me too. I've been meaning to swap some heads around to see what other combos work with the bb27 -- I've got some pretty faces on 'meh' non DZ bodies that could use some more attention.

I love your 'grown-up' Miss Kitty! It works so well it got me thinking of a DC Bella head on the smaller bb27 body.

2. [​IMG]
      My moon's wig came! It's so beautiful! It's kind of big but it fits alright with a wig cap.
      I'm so excited for her body and eyes to get here!!

3. Ooh, that's quite pretty!

4. That wig is a lovely color!

Edit:

I took a picture of my Moon this morning and I wanted to share!
      [​IMG]

I love how versatile this sculpt can be!

#104 IzabethS, Mar 15, 2016
      Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
    5. [​IMG]
      Sorry about posting so much about this, but I'm really excited for my moon's body to get here so I've been messing around.
      I redid her face today! I didn't expect to do such a good job, it's the best face I've done so far. And it looks quite similar to my design for her, so hooray!

Your moon is so cute! She looks great on the DC body. I was really close to getting that body for my moon too, haha.

6. Ahh, she's so pretty @IzabethS! I love all the purple. :D

@doctorwhofreak2 - There's absolutely nothing wrong with showing off a doll when you're excited about it. Your Moon looks gorgeous!

7. Yes, I love seeing everyone's dolls. They give me the inspiration to keep going and work on mine. I realized the eyes my crew had were not fitting and splurged on new ones. I also got two new outfits for the boys. Just waiting on all of this stuff to arrive. I still have a long to do list before I think my crew is done....

8. My beloved Yogr/ Yogi[​IMG]
      He is wearing Heathers smock and a scarf I took off a snowman ornament. He is my little Victorian orphan. Wig for my Doll.

9. Cute Angelfey! You did a great job, poor little guy looks cold and hungry. But, we know he is well loved and taken care of!

I've been working hard on my crew. I got them new summer outfits, and they all have shoes now! I also got them new eyes from Safrin Doll. Now I am waiting on Katie's outfit (a commission on Etsy), and I'm thinking of getting her and Nate some tennis shoes. Katie has dress shoes and so does Nate...I think for summer they should have tennis shoes like the other two boys. Just when I thought I was done, sigh. Oh, and face ups...that one I've been putting off.

10. @Angelfey Oh my goodness he is adorable! I'm really getting the Victorian orphan vibe from him <3

@kurogane Face-ups are my main struggle right now too *sigh* there's this artist I love in Etsy, which I wish could paint my miss kitty, but she's in Poland I believe, so the shipping will be bad for me. Not to mention the price itself is hefty, but at least that I can say is worth it. I usually paint my dolls myself but I've been really struggling with the kitty sculpt. I don't know what to do!! Either way it will be a few months before I can get the funds.

11. @delilahfleur Yes, it is so hard! You have a miss kitty! She is so cute! I had one once, and traded her as I could not come up with a face up plan either. I still wish I had her, but I have another companies cat anthro now (with company face up). I have thought about professional face up artist, but am a chicken with sending out my heads. They are irreplaceable so the fear of them going lost is real. Also the expense of having four done. I should have spent the money for a company face up, but no I went do it yourself, so now I gotta do it.

For my dolls I am thinking of anime style face ups as they look anime to me. That style looks deceptively easy, but it is mostly black outlines and simple shading. Painting thin straight lines is hair pulling at best. Plus each doll is a different skin tone. I think tan will be the hardest. I tried to do a face up on tan once and the msc made it lighter. But I WILL do it! Once I order some sealant. My excuse for that was waiting for nice weather. Ah, hello...we've had nice weather for weeks! OK, I guess the real issue is I'm worried what others will think.

12. @kurogane I know how you feel, I think it's because our dolls are like little artworks, and naturally we care about how others view our artwork. But the reason they're your dolls is because YOU love them. They are there to please you. So in the end all that really matters is what you think of them. Even with this thinking, it's difficult for me because I am really hard to please! Perfectionism is the root of all evil...

So this was my second attempt at Miyuki's face-up, done loooong ago. I love how the expression turned out and the colors. However, I didn't realize how pink her face was until I put her back on the body... So after a while I wiped her, and since then I had tried three times to paint her again, but they all failed before I even finished. Now every time I try think about painting her I'm filled with a lot of anxiety... I don't know if I can overcome or send her out... For me I'm not too worried about losing the head because I can repurchase it for about $50, although that would still suck.

[​IMG]

13. Your face up shows you have lots of skill. You could maybe try a Monster High Doll with similar skin tone. That's how I learned faceups. My nemisis is lower lashes, can not get them right. I have a blank Doll Château Charles coming so I'm a little nervous as well.

14. @delilahfleur thank you for the encouragement! Your kitty does have a sweet face! You did a great job!

Has anyone had a nice bright face up, and the next day it has faded? So frustrating! I think it's my chalk pastels. Certain colors just fade out. My biggest issue is eyebrows and getting them to look similar. I'm going to order some sealant this week!

Congratulations Angelfey! I'm looking forward to seeing your new boy!

15. Thank you muchly
      I agree eyebrows, always dread that part. I try to think that nobody really has perfect semetrical eyebrows, gives character:)

16. Another of my Yogi Bunny.[​IMG]

17. Lower eyelashes are a pain in the butt to do, after 4+ years as a face up artist I still struggle some days.

[​IMG]
      Have an old picture of Lily. I'm slowly making her an all white wig (sewing leather is also a pain in the butt), so I'll probably redo her face up at some point to match it.

18. Wig making is really cool.

19. OK last Yogi pic[​IMG]
      I think he wants money, but I spent it all on him!

20. He's very cute @Angelfey! :D

I did have a Miss Kitty head for a little while that I intended of putting on a DC body, but the poor girl as gorgeous as she was, just didn't seem to click with the rest of my group. She also seemed to be a little too young-looking for the character. On the up side I sold her to a friend so I know she's gone to a good home. :)

Tags: