1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone Minas - first doll?

Jan 9, 2016

1. I am saving for my first bjd!! I really like Minas and have studied the official pics of her. Does anyone know where to see any other pics of her? I have done the forum search and found a few pics but wondered if there were any others? I'd love to know more about her if you have met or have her yourself?

2. Flickr has a bunch of owner pics!
      Search: dollzone minas | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
      DeviantArt usually has a bunch of owner pictures too, but there doesn't seem to be much for that specific sculpt though...

I haven't seen one in real life, but if I recall correctly, DollZone's dolls usually can sit and stand on their own.

Also, unrelated but I just noticed that shes has that DollInMind-y feel with those droopy eyes and full lips... she really is a cutie~

3. There are so many terrific sculpts out there but Dollzone's Minus is so versatile and artistic ....
      Thank you for taking the time to put in that link!! I wanted to see her in different wigs and eye colouring. Your link is so much better than any of my google searches. I love the idea of her standing and sitting on her own. The sculpt is really brilliant and I can't get her image out of my head. She is haunting, beautiful and for me belongs on a Tim Burton movie set!!

4. Heres a link to a thread that I started for my tan Minas. I wasn't sure I liked the tan resin and I thought I might try to change it but I've grown to love it and have even traded my Dollstown Ariel for a tan Riven. They're my favorite dolls and I love that they're twins. I'd like to get another normal pink body for one of my sculpts.

The body is beautiful and poses so pretty but you're probably going to want to wire it. Once you do it'll hold a pose much better.

I hope to see pictures of your pretty girl! And I agree about the Tim Burton set!

https://denofangels.com/threads/minas-transformation.680423/

5. Thank you, the pictures of your tan Minas look great!! Riven is a lovely doll too. Still very much a newbie. Do you mean the elastic when you are talking about wire? Still waiting for my January order but will post pics when she arrives!

6. Thank you for the suggestion. I have Googled and also did a search on DoA threads so now it is beginning to feel like an eternity waiting!! The waiting is for my first doll and I've not seen a bjd except pics so when she arrives it's going to be amazing!!!!

7. No, the elastic is different than wiring a doll. The wire slips in the doll through the same holes as the elastic. Sometimes a BJDs arms or legs will snap out of place on their own making it difficult to set the doll into a pose. When you slip wire through the holes the doll will be able to hold a pose much better and the snapping will be eliminated.
      It takes alittle time to pull the wire through the doll but it's not hard and you don't have to unstring the doll to do it. I use artist's armature wire that I buy at a craft or art store. A ribbon works great to pull the wire through the holes. I usually pull one wire through both arms and another wire through both legs. And all set to go! I'm sure there are good threads here on DoA that explain it better and videos on you tube.

Even though I've wired my Minas and Riven I never stand them up without a doll stand. The length of their bodies and the fine shape of their legs doesn't allow for a sturdy stand. But they are so so pretty in any pose so the doll stand doesn't bother me at all. They can twist beautifully at the waist and have lots of motion in their heads, hands and feet.

I absolutely love, love, love my girls! I think you're lucky to have Minas as your first BJD. I can't wait to see her pictures! I know the wait is long but she's worth it!

8. Oh thank you for such a helpful reply!! Wiring is something I'd not read about so that's a really good hint. I will buy Minas a stand and be sure not to stand her up without using one. I won't even think about doing that now!!!! She's lovely and I'm trying not to think about it too much as I really want her to arrive soon!!! Riven is beautiful too. I can imagine they look great together!! Will share pics when she arrives.

9. I'm so glad I was able to help! I recently found a stand that I really like. It's made by Ringdoll. I bought it through Fabric and Friends in Gaithersburg, MD for $20. It's a saddle type which is nice because it's easier to put the dolls in and doesn't interfere with their clothes. I'll try to find a link for you. :)

Here it is! http://ringdoll.com/goods.php?id=437

10. Thank you for the link. I'm based in the UK and I think this is available at Angelesque.co.uk. Minas is 58 cm tall and I was wondering if it would fit her but now I know the Ring doll stand will be OK. Waiting seems like an age but I'm trying not to think too much about it!! Thanks for reading and replying.

11. You're welcome! The Ringdoll stand is also adjustable which helps a lot when my girls are wearing heels. :)

12. Thank you! Will be buying high heeled feet eventually. That's good to know!☺