1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone Originality - Discuss it here.

Jul 2, 2006

1. The reason this continues to be an issue that's discussed in this thread is that every time Dollzone does something new, the next thing you know SOMEONE or other has bumped this thread!

If there were no thread here that said "Dollzone originality" the people who were new to the hobby would not have any reason to panic. I panicked, too, when I got my first doll (back on about page 12 or so, who knows).

And all the time there was NO reason for me to panic, because I had not purchased that one, original Woori rip-off.

Nor is there any reason for newcomers to be made to panic, or for them to worry about buying copied dolls / shunned from the community. For that reason, I think this thread should be locked, put to bed, and people should stop harping on it every time DZ does something new.

I mean come now. Should I start "X company originality" threads for every company that has jumped on the tiny bandwagon just recently? Of course not! That would be absurd!

Likewise, so is this.

2. What about the people who bring up the topic of copying as soon as a new dollzone doll is released? Is their anger towards dollzone for copying skewing their perspective?

I doubt my love of dollzone dolls is skewing my perspective because I own and have owned various different companies dolls. I love and own a CP doll. I also have owned and plan on rebuying a Volks doll. I love a particular sculpt and go for that sculpt/mold. I don't go for it simply because it Volks, CP, Dollzone or whatever.

I agree and have agreed that Dollzone did copy. I still chose to buy one of their (what I think is) original sculpts because I believe it fit a certain character I had. Alot of time this thread is kept going by people defending Dollzone b/c like the recent topic of the petdolls is bought up and people make really brash/rude statements. I think it would be the same for me if it was any other company unless it was a company that blatantly did copies (i.e. Lauras Dream Doll and Forever Doll).

3. Fair Enough ^^

4. Don't you think there is a slight difference between making a doll between 10 and 35 cm and copying a doll from another company?

I know it might be easy to take this issue personally, because who doesn't love their doll? There is a reason why we drop $150+ for a lump of resin, right ;) But still, it should be OK to discuss what a company has done previously and compare it to what it does now.

There are no proof that Dollzone are still copying, but no one can ignore the proof that what they started with was a blatant copy. Don't force me to ignore that fact just because it hurts someone's feelings. This is a discussion forum, and this thread is here to keep this particular discussion out of General area or the galleries, where it do not belong. If this is affecting you (general "you") that much, there is only one thread on this entire forum you have to ignore.

Stop worrying about what other people will think of your dolls. They are yours to appreciate and love, and if someone else don't like them, too bad for them, right?

5. Well no offense but of course I wouldn't care as much if it was a different brand - but probably because if I didn't own it and like it I wouldn't probably go and read anything about it. I mean, if tomorrow someone posted a headline that says "CP copies Limhwa" I'd think that's a shame, but I doubt I'd care. I'm not that big a fan of either company's dolls.

Skewing my perspective though? In what way? I'm objecting to a company being perpetually tarred for a long ago mistake. I would make the same objection if it were AoD (in fact I have defended AoD when somewhere someone claimed they were ripoffs of DZ - a bit of irony for you there), Bobobie, Orientdoll, Pipos or any other brand I bought and had knowledge about.

Now if someone were to post here tomorrow and have PROOF that, let's just say the bunny doll is really a copy of Pipos Curo, and they showed that proof, my love of my dolls is not making me blindingly stupid. Facts are facts and if proof is presented I will believe it. On the other hand someone saying that the bunny is a badly modded baha because it's smaller and copies are smaller (????) is going to make me laugh.

And hey, the first thing I said when I saw the bunny was "It reminds me of Curo". Personally, I'd rather have a Curo, but that's an issue of size and I love his little hands.

6. Edited for Bakaness

7. Oh, goodness. Now that is really an unbelievable statement. Your signature was just noticed because you're posting in this thread not because you've upset anyone. Please. 400 x 71 pixels is 100 pixels oversized.

This entire thread is becoming pretty silly and sort of heated...we may be headed to lockdown.

8. I would like to plead with everyone to calm down.

If you have concerns about the originality of other companies, I encourage you to create debate threads about them. Everyone has the power to do just that! The lack of threads about other companies doesn't mean that Dollzone is the only company that has ever done anything wrong. It simply means that no one has yet created debate threads about the other issues.

Other threads aside, this one is here and it is now being strongly suggested, even demanded, that it be shut down. Unfortunately, that is not how debate threads work. DoA has not, to my knowledge, ever closed a Debate thread because a group of users took it upon themselves to decide that the subject was "done" and that the thread was causing harm to unnamed and unidentifiable others. If the issue was truly done, no one would be posting to the thread anymore.

9. And I will reiterate what I have said before.

The impression this entire thread gives to newcomers--and there are too many examples of that here to cite--is that owners of DZ dolls are to be scorned and shunned. The impression that I have is that some members of this forum post here only to make DZ owners feel inferior and shamed for owning DZ dolls.

You know very well that it is a truism that "you never have another chance to make a first impression" .

For that reason it is time to put a stake in this thing's heart. Create a sticky of Doll Copying Issues that states facts and not speculation. I see no other topics in this forum about any company's originality except DZ. Frankly, at this point, the impression this gives me is that those in charge of DoA are about as far from being unbiased and fair on the topic as it is possible to be. I am making no accusations, here, I don't know any of the mods, I am talking about impressions.

10. the entire thread has become silly when DZ stopped copying and people keep making assumptions just because they hate the company. i don't go into another companies' thread just to say OMG THEY COPIED ANOTHER COMPANY'S DOLL every time they release a new one. i do not go to a person and snub them because of the doll they have. or threaten to destroy their doll because i hate their company. so far i have only seen people snub and threaten DZ owners. i think people have become really petty on how they are handling DZ and the DZ dollie owners.

11. I see alot of people insisting that Dollzone definately don't copy now. That's just not a fact. We are all hoping that Dollzone only sells orignal dolls but it is not certain. Just the same as you can't be certain that dolls from any company are fully original. You just trust that they are. You can now trust that Dollzone are selling original dolls but you can't promise that they are.

Now everyone read Lizzard's post. She's made some good points.

12. My apologies then. Since I made it ages ago and made it following the measurements of another person's sig image, I always thought it was the right size. And it really isn't like I've never posted around here before, so you must see why I thought it rather more than coincidental.

13. ...no, being a DZ owner doesn't necessarily push people to skew the truth but rather to push the truth were other people's eyes were blocked by false believe and shortsightedness. it's because we care that we push the truth with so much effort.

14. And this is a perfect example of only seeing what "you're involved in" at the moment because believe me, when Dollmore copied the Dollshe body, owners WERE put on the hot seat.

15. May I ask how this is supposed to make DZ owners feel as if they are not going to be shamed and shunned?

16. well as far as i'm concerned V didn't push a lawsuit, and since you stated "That's just not a fact. ", i expect some real hard evidence? something that's on law records and not just comparisons?

17. May I ask where the topic of "Dollmore Originality, Discuss It Here" is? Did I somehow miss it?

18. Victoria, you, as all users, are able to start new debate threads along those lines at any time you wish. The Debate forum no longer has the requirement that topics be approved and posted by moderators, as I believe it did at the time it was first posted by Armeleia.

The Debate forum did not exist at the time the Dollmore/Dollshe incident occured, as far as I know, so I am not surprised no one created a thread about it.

19. how would doll owners get put on the hot seat for the company making the copy? i didn't ask them too. i'm sure you didn't ask them to make the copy. it's not a doll owners FAULT for owning a copy when they don't know it's a copy. that's just ridiculous.

20. This thread has been temporarily closed.