1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone Product Review

Nov 3, 2012

1. Please copy and paste this template, then give your responses. :)

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      * Would you buy more from this company?

Feel free to include one or two photos of your purchase.

2. * What did you order? DZ Mo 3 pink skin 1/4 boy body
      * When did you order? May 17th and arrived on Aug 19th
      Yes.~

Yes.

Yes.~ Here's the latest image of him: [​IMG]

he came with the string that's tightly knotted and it doesn't have any extra length left for me to untie it so I might have to get a new string

I'd think about it once more before ordering since the waiting time can take a while unless you think they're worth it.

3. * What did you order? DZ Mo, Tan Skin, no face-up
      * When did you order? Summer 2011
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Very.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Exactly.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very much.

Highs:
      -Excellent posing ability. He usually stays where you put his limbs.
      -Resin has aged extremely well so far.

Issues:
      -Might be a bit over-jointed. He can flop over very suddenly. My Mo has the 003 boy body, which is jointed in both the waist and lower chest and he likes to do sudden headers right into my hardwood floor.
      -I find his neck to be a bit freakishly long. I therefore tend to try to dress him in collared shirts whenever possible to minimize the effect.

* Would you buy more from this company? Yes

Image:

[​IMG]

4. * What did you order?
      DZ Wig GW25-003 (5/6) gray wig with a ponytail
      * When did you order?
      January 2013
      No. For a few more dollars I could have gotten a nicer wig from another company.
      So of. It looked much better on the website than the wig I received. Then again it didn't give a shot of the wig from behind for obvious reasons.
      No.
      The hair looks nice and smooth and the bangs in the front look pretty good. However, the ponytail attached to the back was just hot glued on top of the hair. You could literally see a giant hunk of glue. I was/am still worried about it just falling off. I had to cover the glue with a thick ribbon. It looks much better now with the glue covered.
      No. Unless I saw the wig in person first.

5. * What did you order?
      Dollzone Freddy-2 MSD boy body in white skin (in stock at Alice's Collections) and nude (i.e. no Face up/Clothes)

* When did you order?
      5th February 2016 - he was in stock at a retailer (so no waiting time)

Absolutely! He was more expensive than my Doll Leaves but in my opinion is also more delicately sculptured and more natural looking, so the price is absolutely justified.

Yes.

Very much so!

Positives
      1. Beautiful sculpting with attention to detail
      2. Smooth, beautiful resin
      3. Great poser (for the BUT see negatives) and holds most poses with ease and unsueded
      4. Very good resin match with Doll Family A head (white skin) and the head easily fits on the Dollzone body (and still poses great)
      Negatives
      1. Those hips xD ! They look beautiful, but are around 20cm which is wider than most MSDs, so a lot of pants I have (with no elastic) don't fit him
      2. Limited range of motion in his feet and hands, which does not bother me, but might be relevant for others
      Here is one picture of Freddy ....

[​IMG]

And a body review video (he is wearing undies throughout the video):

... and here is a photo gallery with more photos of him in various poses as well as a comparison to a Doll Leaves MSD boy body:

Dollzone MSD Boy Body Freddy-2

I already did - an MSD Doreen :)

#5 Milenn, Feb 27, 2016
      Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    6. * What did you order?
      1. Grey wig MSD sized GW45-019
      2. Blond wig MSD sized GW45-001b
      3. Black, shiny shoes MSD sized S45-026
      * When did you order?
      20th February 2016

Very much so!

Yes.

With the wigs: Absolutely! The shoes are a bit large it seems?

Positives
      1. Beautiful, soft wigs (grey is a bit softer than blond)
      2. Wigs are easy to comb & style and have a great price(£12.00 ~ $20)
      3. Wigs are very good quality, with a lot of hair and a flexible wig cap
      4. The shoes are well made, but...
      Negatives
      1. The shoes are very big/long - they seem pretty over sized to me, considering they're meant to fit MSD
      I made a video review about the wigs and the shoes:

7. * What did you order?
      Fullset memphis, big dipper, and heavy rain
      * When did you order?
      February 2014
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? I felt the dolls matched their price. But the clothes and wig probably not
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Sort of. The wig that came with the fullset kind of looked like the pictures. But was really poor quality in real life. It was so bad I ended up having to toss it. The face up for memphis wasn't great either but that wasn't a big deal. The sculpts themselves looked like the photos.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Aside from the wig everything was nice and of good quality so yes!
      pros:
      -Beautiful very detailed sculpts.
      -The bigger doll poses very nicely and can stand like a pro.
      -All the dolls had a very nice finished look, no seam lines and nice resin

cons:
      -Some Accessories Look much better in the photos
      -The pet dolls don't pose as well
      -Certain joints pop out of place easily
      A doll? yes. Would probably skip the accessories next time though

[​IMG]

8. * What did you order? DZ Carter in white resin on the double jointed B45-009 body

* When did you order? September 20th 2015; layaway for four months, and then he arrived five months later in January from MoC

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? He's sturdy and I love his joints. I am impressed by his quality and yes, I do think that the price for him is appropriate.

His faceup looks a bit different (to me) in person, but I think that's just how it goes. I'm not disappointed by it in any case.

Yes.

I think he's wonderfully made in general, but he's incredibly kicky. I think he arrived strung just a little too tightly. He also took WAY too long, in my opinion, to get here. However, he was packaged SO well that I'm not surprised he arrived in perfect shape when he got here! His box, even, is in great condition.

I would. I love DZ's sculpts and the quality is there. I miscounted on how long he took to get here and it just felt like more time, so that was my mistake!

Here's a picture of him.
      [​IMG]

9. What did you order? Mo-2, white skin // Virgil, normal yellow
      When did you order? January 2014 // July 2015
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Very much!
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? Mo looked exactly the same but I think Virgil looks even better.
      Were you satisfied with the product? Very!
      Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional) I love Raleigh's (Mo-2) range of neck motion and wrists. Raico (Virgil) has a wonderful head sculpt that I really like can look both innocent and fierce. My only complaint is that they tend to be a bit kicky at times. Overall, they are both wonderful dolls.
      Would you buy more from this company? Absolutely!
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. What did you order?
      Dollzone Doreen Full Set with Faceup in white skin

When did you order?
      December the 31st, 2015 and she reached here on 13th June 2016 - so it took 5-6 months.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      She is beautiful and the price is definitely justified.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Mostly yes, but there are some issues:
      1. Her wig does not look as good as in the Promo Pictures - the color is slightly different and it's not as voluminous as in the pictures
      2. Her Fullset Outfit's skirt does NOT fit when put on the "normal way" :o ! You either have to take off her head and put the skirt from the top or you have to modify it yourself so you can put it on from the bottom. In the default state her hips are too wird for the skirt to move over them when put on from below.
      3. I asked for a slightly modified faceup (I did not want the beauty marks) and Carol from Angelesque forward my wish to Dollzone, but Dollzone ignored it and put the beauty marks there anyway :?
      4. Her mouth has a greenish color on the inside - only noticable if you look into her mouth though.
      Were you satisfied with the product?
      Apart from the aforementioned issues yes, very much so, the body is divine and her faceup is lovely.

Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)

Positives
      • Lovely sculpt and no seamlines, very polished look
      • Beautiful faceup
      • High-quality clothes and accessories
      • The body blushing is nicely done - like it!
      Negatives
      • The skirt that is part of her fullset does not fit/go over her hips :eek: . If you buy a fullset for a given doll you expect it to all fit together nicely, without having to take off the head each time you want to put on the skirt...
      • Her wig's color is not quite as in the promo pictures
      • She is a bit loosely strung - not really a negative point but she will need restringing pretty soon

Would you order from this company again?
      I'll definitely buy from Dollzone again.

[​IMG]

#10 Milenn, Jun 13, 2016
      Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    11. What did you order?
      Outfit C45-070
      When did you order?
      December 29 2015 (from MoC), I received it June 11th, 2016
      Yes, everything seems sewn well and a good level of detail. The bag has all real pockets.
      For the most part, yes, but the pants and bag are much darker in real life, and the scarf seems to be a different color. The one in the pictures is off white, the one I received is a pale orange and the material seems slightly thicker.
      Yes, I was very happy with it, especially considering I wasn't sure how well it was going to fit, and it ended up fitting wonderfully.
      Would you buy more from this company?
      I might, although if I were to buy another outfit I would do directly from the company and not from MoC, I think it might ship out sooner that way.

12. What did you order?
      70cm Male Jointed Hands in NY
      When did you order?
      March of 2017 through The Doll Market. In stock.
      I got them on sale but they would have been worth the cost at full price too.
      Yes. The detailing on them is absolutely perfect.
      Absolutely. I think they could afford to be more tightly strung but I want to be careful since it is a hand. But it holds poses well. They can't grip anything all that well without help (just too slippery, but what do you expect?) but they pose well and have quite a bit of flexibility while maintaining an absolutely beautiful shape.
      Would you buy more from this company?
      Their NY is a great match for NS from Modoll and Volks and a decent match to NY from Loongsoul so if I ever needed to marry parts again for a hybrid, it's useful knowledge and their products are clearly up to par.
      I should note that they DO come with the wrist socket too. I just didn't include that in my photos below.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

13. * What did you order?

DZ Cindy White Skin, nude.

* When did you order?

April 17 from Alice's Collections, Arrived May 12.

Hmm... Yes.

Yes, very nice.

Overall yes.

Super cute, great sculpt and loved all the details. She doesn't really stand straight however?

Sure!

14. * What did you order? Dollzone 1/4 Rory white skin Fullset with girl body
      * When did you order? Begining of March and arrived in the end of September
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional) their faceup is better now. but the hat is hard to put on the head
      * Would you buy more from this company? Yes
      [​IMG]

#14 snowle21, Sep 27, 2019
      Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    15. * What did you order?
      DZ Robin head in ws
      * When did you order?
      The quality is great. The packaging is awesome.
      It did, even though the white resin is way more yellow than shown in the pictures
      Overall I'm very satisfied

I'm planning to do so

16. * What did you order?
      Little Snow

* When did you order?
      September 2021

Yes, she's great. Around 240 USD at the time?

The faceup looks a bit different to me. The promo faceup looks like it has some white around the eyes, my Snow has none.

Absolutely. She makes me wish I had gotten the bigger version of Snow so she'd have more clothing options! She's a great poser and has so much flexibility. No flopping or snapping.

--

Absolutely

[​IMG]

17. * What did you order?

DollZone Anson in Peach Skin

* When did you order?

September 2023, arrived February 6th 2024

Most definitely, for a doll that was a limited run 10 years ago it was an absolute steal. Had expected it to be much more expensive.

It did, but, as with any doll, it just looks so much better in person

Thoroughly satisfied and happy

- As the large amount of resin weighs down the arms (as one would expect) one might need to suede, or apply wires, to have the arms hold a pose properly (but it's a small price to pay as you can't have huge resin petals and expect them to weigh nothing if you also want them to be sturdy)
      - Using a doll stand is a must, unless one has got the space to let the doll sprawl out as there is no sitting prettily on a shelf, arms tucked to the sides with this one.
      - The utter craftmanship in designing this piece of art! The petals are very thin but sturdy, must have been a pain to cast, or find just the right thickness to have those pieces not break. There's so much expression even when the doll is nude!
      - The magnets for the petal ears are nice and strong, same goes for the headcap. Nothing worse than flimsy magnets not being able to hold anything!

Definitely would!

[​IMG]
      DZ Anson
      by Morbid, on Flickr