1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Donna's Art Dolls & Supplies (2009)

May 8, 2009

1. Donna's Art Dolls & Supplies
      http://www.artdollsupplies.com/home.html

* What did you order? Three Monique wigs.
      * When did you order? May 1st.
      * How was the communication? Excellent, she shipped them out the same day I ordered and notified me of that.
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy, through paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship? Shipped on May 1st and arrived here May 8th. Less than a week of business days! :)
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Excellent. Each of the wigs were even in their own little boxes wrapped with tissue.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes. The colours are quite accurate.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Definitely! It's just too bad that Donna won't be adding more stock once certain styles are sold out.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      * Would you order from this company again? Definitely.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes, she also offers up her own creations and sells doll shoes, Tibetan mohair, and so forth. It was certainly a good deal for me because her shipping rates were much lower than what I've paid from other companies.

2. * What did you order? Obitsu 60cm body, Gretel head, Gretel pixie ears, and acrylic eyes
      * When did you order? Summer 2007
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? She's a distributor.
      * How was the communication? Great! I made some weird mistake and she helped me out, and answered emails very promptly.
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy, Paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship? About a week and a half, I think. I had to pick it up from the post office because I wasn't home when they delivered it and it was insured.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Absolutely. Shipping was reasonable too.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yup. Donna's pitcures were basic, but clear.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Totally, one hundred percent. I love my Obitsu girl.
      * Would you order from this company again? Yeah, except she's closing the store so I might not get to.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? N/A

Donna's Art Dolls has a special place in my heart, since that's where I got my very first doll and got into the hobby--which has led to me being on this forum now. Thank you so much, Donna!

3. * What did you order? A pair of 16mm acrylic eyes
      * When did you order? I believe around March 2009
      * How was the communication? Wonderful! Donna (?) kept me in check the entire time and sent me an message once it was shipped.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy! Paypal
      * How long did it take to ship? Three days, top
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes!
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yup
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes
      * Would you order from this company again? Most definetly!
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Sure, why not?

4. * What did you order?
      (I placed three orders with Donna's over the past two months, so I'll be reviewing the latest order only.) Two Monique wigs.

* When did you order?
      About May 9th.

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?

I ordered from her Ebay store.

* How was the communication?
      There was no need for real communication, since the seller sent promptly notifications about my orders.

* How easy was it to pay?
      Easy enough, with Paypal. Although, I tried once to order from her online store rather than from Ebay and intended to pay with my credit card, but it didn't get through. It seems my card issuer didn't authorize the transaction for some reason; I didn't try again, but rather, order from her Ebay store instead.

* How long did it take to ship?
      Fast enough, within one day after my payment was confirmed.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes. Also, you can't beat her shipping fees; very reasonable considering she was shipping to South America (a region that has the highest fees). But it must be noticed that the shipping fees she offers in her Ebay store are different from those in her online store.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes.

* Were you satisfied with the product?
      Indeed.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      N/A

* Would you order from this company again?
      Most definitely.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      I guess so, though I'd prefer buying first-hand when possible.

5. * What did you order? A pair of SD boy's shoes.
      * When did you order? About july 14th
      * How was the communication? Good! Shipped the next day and lots of e-mail conformation
      * How easy was it to pay? Nice and easy- I love PayPal
      * How long did it take to ship? Shipped on the 15th and arrived on the 23. Not bad!
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes! She had the lowest price I could find on the market for a lovely pair of shoes.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Absolutely. Even better in person. They're fantastic shoes.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes! I just love them! I'd been worried about the size, but they're a nice, snug fit <3
      * Would you order from this company again? Sure, if she had other products that would interest me, why not?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Perhaps : ) though, most of what I'd be buying would be dealer-type items.