1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream Realm 70cm boys Discussion

Sep 22, 2008

1. Like I said, they seem to be up and down all over the place.

I ordered a fullset Xiao Chi a month ago today (during a couple of days while their site was up). I couldn't find anything saying how long it usually takes them to make something and haven't heard anything since so I was guessing/hoping it would be 30 to 40 days. I really hope he gets sent out or arrives here shortly after the 40 day mark. It makes me very nervous being uncertain about something worth that much money.

2. Shae: how does you order doing?

3. I emailed them on the... 11th of June, got a response two days later (which is a lot faster than I was expecting) apologizing and saying that they were busy and my order would be complete in a week. I figured that I'd allow one week for them to finish it, then two weeks for shipping. I've had no shipping confirmation or anything and it'll be three weeks in a day or two so I'll be emailing them again soon.

I'm hoping that he'll be ready and shipped really soon.

4. Oh at least they seems to rely to email now..could you please keep us posted?
      Thanks so much ^^

5. heh, just realized I was in an Dream Realm BOY thread. >.>;;;

I have the Black Crow boy and he's my best male doll for posing. I just realized today though that his white skin is starting to turn every so slightly yellow. I thought it was his face up fooling me because the ears are separate, and I put them on to photograph him. But then I held an ear next to his arm and it's happening. I have to wonder how long JunkySpot had him in stock before I got him?

6. I'm noy sure that depends how much time Junky Spot keep your boy in stock, as due to light and sun and temperatures, hot, and humid, most than cold, starting getting yellow after one year, i has happened to me even with DZ Chen that is yellow normal skin.

7. @ $avage Since Junkyspot is here in California and it's 102 Fahr right now, I think he's not even safe in a room I'm not using AC in. Maybe I'm over worried about him -_-;;; I'm trying to find that youtube BDJ addicts person who sent their doll out to be bleached white again and see if there is an update on the procedure. I only saw it in passing months ago, so I haven't remembered the name.

8. Dear i own a dz that yellowe in a time of a year,so i just guess that if you keep in the box and not out of the box all the time the risk is less.I've took my DZ out of the box since the day i got him,NOV 2008, so i guess that he yellowed logically faster than usual,and alos the weather here is quite hot in summer expecially,i've noticed by the way only last summer...

9. Rajendora, how white is the Dream Realm white? I've read that it's stark white and personally, I often like to see a little mellowing. I even deliberately "yellowed" a stark white Resinsoul body by giving it a suntan . . ..you could do that with the ears (or blush them) .

If the JS white Dream Realm boys are mellowing, I might rethink getting one (I have a NS SuiTian).. . .Is the yellowing turning the resin a creamy color? Or really yellow looking? I think Junky Spot has had its dolls for quite a while.

10. Between the ear set (they come with four pairs of fancy ears) and his skin, the ears are snow white. But the face up is a bit yellow in tone to start with, so they look even more white. So far, I'm only seeing the slightest difference in color so it's difficult to tell yet. I think I'm looking forward to a bit more ivory tone showing up myself. Sorry it took so long to get back to you on that question. ^_^

Edit: I should add that the Dream Realm white resin is very shiny in photographs. I'm still learning to take his photos so that he doesn't look strangely glow in the dark or his rather pretty face distorted.

11. @$abatha, the floating white skin DZ head I have was a tad yellow when I got it. I'm going to put it on a yellow skin Dragon doll body. But to keep the thread on track, if my Kyou gets as ivory colored as the DZ head, he'll look nice. But I'm afraid of that horrid seasick green color I've seen on a few of the older dolls. O_o

12. My NS SuiTian isn't shiny at all .. . .If it's his body that's shiny, you can buff the shine right off with a dry Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Assuming the body isn't blushed. Just one light coat of MSC or Testor's Dullcote will take the shine off a faceup. If you can tape over the eyes (i.e., protect the eyelashes from the spray), you won't even have to redo them.

13. I suppose that Dream of Realm fixed this already..i never seen so many around so i just can't tell,at least not for sure..

14. Thank you for the information, I was not aware that MSC made a matter version, I've only found the clear gloss spray. A lot of posts say it's not sold in the USA, but I find it all over the model shops online. I buy mine from a model car kit shop.

15. Hooray! He's finally arrived :D

[​IMG]

He took about 75 days from the date that I paid, 4 of those were the shipping time (I bugged them twice by email to make sure they hadn't forgotten).

Unfortunately half of his outfit isn't the blue that was pictured. I figure they ran out of the material or something. But I'm going to find some material that is close to what they had pictured and make that half of his outfit with it so he'll look like he should :)

It's such a relief that he'd finally here, I do love his face sculpt~

16. Shae, thanks for posting that you received your boy! I've been wondering if DR is actually delivering. 75 days isn't that bad, really. I always figure anything within 3 months is pretty quick in the BJD world <g>.

17. Shae thanks for posting the pic!Oh my he's awesome and the costume,even if it's not blue like in piccies it's terrific!

18. Shae thanks for sharing with us, your boy is simply gorgeous, i'm a bit sad about the fabric of the costume, finger crossed that you could fix it in some way.

19. Shae He's gorgeous as the online photos! ^_^ Heavy, isn't he? I've noticed my black crow, Kyou is much heavier than my other dolls.

20. Wow, this thread is pretty empty lol. Just dropping by to say I ordered a Sui Tan from JS. Yes he is white skin so probably he is a bit yellowed but I've wanted one of these boys forever. As ppl on the Impl thread know, I passed up getting a DC body for a floating head so I can get Sui Tan. Yay! I'll see him in a few days so I'll keep you guys posted....not that many ppl are into these boys!

Tags: