Dream Valley Product Review

Jun 5, 2020

1. Please copy and paste this template, then give your responses. :)

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      * Would you buy more from this company?

Feel free to include one or two photos of your purchase.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------

* What did you order?

Blank WS Foxy (special in stock sale at Clover Singing)

* When did you order?
      May 18, 2020

Since this was an event only doll and didn't come with a price tag, it's hard to say.
      In any case, Foxy is great quality. So, yeah. :)

Absolutely.

Yes, very satisfied.

Positive:
      Great overall design
      Very nice resin texture
      Flawless workmanship
      Pretty, sturdy box with foam padding
      Cute CoA
      Foxy is a great poser, I love how the tail helps stabilty and can be used as a "seat"

Negative:
      Nothing really, but the magnetic ears can be tricky …

In a heartbeat.

2. * What did you order?
      51 cm Vine - normal pink skin tone

* When did you order?
      December 19, 2019

Yes! For a taller than average 1/4 doll, it is worth.

Exactly, especially the cute curl lips.

Although there's a little scratch on his face up and tight string, I am satisfied with him.

Positives: It is taller than average 1/4 doll so when you purchase with such price, it's worth. It also has a very beautiful body and the production period is fast (my order finished in June 2020)

Negatives: There's a tiny defected on his face up but not too serious. They have a very tight string too but that can be fixed. It's quite hard to shop for clothes due to his odd size. He can fit 1/4 shirt but not for pants.

Yes, I will when they release a matured looking doll.

3. * What did you order?
      Bethel full set

* When did you order?

December 2019

Yes

Yes it did!

Certainly am!

Positives: Beautiful sculpting and poses like a champ, the engineering and design of the wings are fantastic!
      Negatives: Some parts of the doll are pretty fragile, so when shipping out, I received some minor damage. Was able to repair most of it though. Top heavy due to the wings, but he can stand by himself if you position the wings properly.

If there was a sculpt that I like, most definitely!

4. * What did you order?
      blank Chaos in chocolate resin plus matching Elvish head

* When did you order?
      Order placed in September via NewCloverSinging

Yes. Dream Valley's finish quality is exceptional for a blank doll. All seams were removed, all magnets come installed, the main S-hook is rubber-coated to protect the neck, and the tail came wired.

The chocolate resin was only shown blushed, which makes it look warmer and more opaque.

Yes.

Positives: beautiful finish quality, detailed nails/fangs with no pinholes or casting defects, no seam removal marks
      Negatives: very tightly strung, included glass eyes have factory defects and don't fit either head

I would not buy another special-order color from them unless photos were provided of a blank doll in that color.

5. * What did you order?
      1/3rd size doll Qing, in Tan (now "old tan")

* When did you order?
      March 2020 - Arrived at BJDivas May 8th, 2021

Not really, it's a good bit high.
      Her finishing is great. There's no seamlines and her color is consistent.
      However for a doll that came with *no* extras beyond the choice for a different skin tone, the price is really high. Qing comes only with one set of hands and one set of flat feet. She has no fantasy parts, came with no add-on tiny dolls, no accessories. I mostly noticed this when looking at pricing for her hands, one set of hands in tan is $55 USD and that's frankly a lot compared to other companies.

Mostly. In my opinion, the now "old tan" looked a lot different in the samples than owner pictures looked as dolls arrived in that tan and in person.
      It's a little unclear which hands she comes with, Dream Valley has now added a note that it needs to be specified at the time of order.

(Combining these two into one answer)

I am not satisfied with her. I have a few issues with this doll that mostly amount to the tan.
      As above, I think they are over-charging for their non-fantasy dolls.

I ordered in March of 2020, but hadn't seen much for owner pictures of the tan around and was basing my order off of the samples they had shown. By end of July, orders in tan that were arriving were showing up as extremely orange and not matching the samples in my opinion. By mid-August 2020, Dream Valley announced they would be changing their tan because the existing tan was "Not beautiful enough" and that they'd be offering new options. I asked BJDivas to reach out to Dream Valley for me and ask about changing my order to...literally any other color they offered. Dream Valley's response was that changes to tan would only apply to new orders, and existing orders could not be changed.
      To me this is pretty awkward because acknowledging the problem and not offering a solution (and I haven't seen terribly many dolls in any of the tans from Dream Valley) to the existing orders didn't feel like they were doing right by their customers.

When my doll arrived in May of 2021, she arrived with the wrong hands (BJDivas had ordered the relaxed/open hands for me, she was sent with the weapon holding hands despite my not ordering the swords). BJDivas reached out to Dream Valley again for me to ask if they could make a pair of the relaxed/open hands in the tan for me, but Dream Valley responded that they have gotten rid of the materials for their old tan and thus could not. (BJDivas refunded me the value of the hands).
      The sword holding hands frankly don't look very good without items in them, as they're sanded smooth on the inside of the hands and lack details there.

In the over 14 months it took for me to receive my doll, I really think Dream Valley could have made a better effort to reach out to the existing tan orders and either offer a new tone or to offer to allow extra hands or items to be added to the order so that customers would not be stuck unable to order replacements or extras.

I was initially drawn to her really lanky shape, and still find it really different and neat. But, her sizing is extremely awkward, as she has a head is 7.75" and even my smallest SD/8-9" wig didn't fit her, and while I did order her with the small bust, it is incredibly small around her body. On the other hand her feet are comparable to my tall SD's (in particular a 65cm SD, Qing is barely 58cms tall), at over 7.5cms long.
      I actually do really like how bizarre her sizing is, it's very unique but as I really only collect SD/SD+'s and Yo-SDs, so I don't have items on hand that could fit her well.

In the short time I had her out, I kept having to pick her hands and feet back up, as the magnets are not very strong and there is no locking mechanism designed.
      Additionally, her resin smells so strongly I haven't been able to have her out of her box for long.
      Her finishing everywhere but her hands however is fantastic, especially for a tan doll. There's little/no seam lines and her resin is very smooth.

I will not be ordering again from Dream Valley anytime soon. Dealing with the issues with the tan has left a very bad impression on me. I will be excited to see friends' orders as they come in though.

6. * What did you order?
      Fullset Calle (1/6 centaur) in Grey skin

* When did you order?

May 2020 ish

Honestly, I think she is a little overpriced. Spots being an extra charge aside from her body blushing cost seems really silly.

All did except her wig.

Yes, mostly.

* Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product

Her body blushing and faceup are very nice, and her outfit and jewelry is unique and suits her well.

Her left eyelashes were glued in crookedly and clumped, so I'll have to replace them eventually.

Her fullset wig is patchy, cheap-looking, and is too big for her head, which is a pain because her ears and horns mean finding another wig for her is more difficult than just getting another random 4 inch one to replace it. For a fullset item that's inexcusable since it's supposed to be specially made for this doll.

I think it's harder to pose her standing than it should be for a small doll with 4 legs.

It depends. They have lots of really pretty fantasy sculpts but their non standard sizes make me hesitate, especially if even their fullset pieces may not fit them correctly.

7. * What did you order?
      Blank white Rosa on the fantasy winged body. She was in-stock at Denver Doll
      * When did you order?
      I got her November 30, 2020 about a week after I ordered her
      Yes. She's on a winged body and still costs less than similar sized dolls from some other companies.
      Yes
      Yes
      The resin is smooth, she's double jointed with foot long jointed wings. She's great at posing. Her wings are big enough to be a little awkward and were hard to put on because she's strung so tightly. I love her wings regardless. One of the provided eyes has a fixable break in it, but since I got her different ones anyway I don't mind.
      Yes. I love the look of a lot of their fantasy dolls.