1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DreamHigh Studio Discussion Thread - Part 2

Oct 27, 2015

1. I swore I was not going to get any more dolls, but I couldn't resist Aldou. He/she is so unique. I love that goblin face.

2. i know right? toopee was the first dhs doll i got, i can't seem to resist dony's goblins!

3. I'm hoping on an Aldou, too! All my other plans were forgotten as soon as I saw him! I'd love a couple but with only 35 total that would be hard to accomplish.

4. Me too head over heels for Aldou. First bjd for nearly 3 years. I got the full set because I'm not great at sewing. Glad to see a couple of seamstresses also got him. Am hoping pukipuki clothing won't be too far out. Thoughts? I can't find measurements need a head size

5. Well, I was too slow!

6. The site now has a link to a form you can fill out for a chance of it being re-released. Is this normal? I'm not used to limiteds.

7. No, it's not normal. But this little one sold out very fast!

8. I filled out the form and then sent a message to Donny saying I would like to see other heads for the elf body in the future. I got the following response:

Hi,

Yes i will make a lot of elfs in the future each one with their unique faces and body shapes.

Best regards,
      Donny

9. donny has been known to re-release limiteds with different resin colors, or something else changed so those who missed out might be able to get a very similar one. i got a haru "custom" long after the le's were sold out. i can't remember exactly what he changed, but it looks very close to the le's, however my tag or card has him listed as a custom instead of one of the numbered le's. not sure if he is still doing that but it doesn't hurt to ask.

if he is going to do lots more in the future i'm in trouble. this is the first doll in ages that i had to buy right away with no dithering!

@imajica my first guess on the size is that he'll be closer to a pukifee than a pukipuki, but since we only know the height it's impossible to tell

mine is coming nude, because in spite of how cute the clothes were, i have way too much fabric and yarn here to justify buying clothes!

10. More elves? I don't know how to feel. On one hand, I want more people to be able to get them. On the other, a similar enough one might tempt me to get another, especially a green one. Oh dear.

11. I'm sure they will be spaced out over some time. I'm sure the quick sale of Aldou made it clear to Donny that this was a popular idea!

12. Ah, so sad :( I missed out on Aldou too. Too slow :( Shame, I really wanted him. I dithered a little bit because I'm still new to the bjd hobby. I needed to move some money around and go to work, he sold quickly :(!I signed in the form, but I'm not overly hopeful. I don't really want something similar, I just want this Aldou.

Nevermind :( I can hope I meet him on the second hand market one day :/

Congrats to those who got him in time!

13. He might be offered again. As someone who's been in this hobby for about a dozen years, I also there be one I like more!

14. i was surprised at how fast this one sold out, but like nancy, i've been around long enough to have missed several dolls i wished i could have got, but know that there will always be new ones coming that i like as much or more! and also that there will almost always be at least one or two people with buyers remorse when he actually arrives. once you get marketplace access @ella_tron you can post a wtb thread.

15. Aldou is coming to live with me too! He is my first BJD in almost a year and I really didn't have any plans to add to the BJD family, but he was an instant must have! He has completely captured my imagination and I can't wait to start making stuff for him! Glad to see others so excited about him too.

16. I hope to eventually airbrush mine green. When I first thought up the character before finding any sculpt I could actually shell her in, my first instinct was to use dye. But since she is an LE, I've decided not to do anything permanent. I know people permanently mod LEs, but I'd feel more comfortable not doing it. I guess I'll have to get an airbrush after all. It would be useful for Liquitex faceups as well. Well, that or sending them all off.

17. @auntbear I'm totally posting a WTB thread as soon as I can, haha! How sad would I be to miss out on the chance to own him twice :(

@Jaybirdfinnigan Aaah, I'm excited to see what you do with him! I shall live through you! So many good tiny outfits that would look perfect on him, would love to see what you make :)

@iamkathybrown I think the sculpt would look totally adorable in green! Would suit the house elf theme really well.

Very excited to watch what people do with this doll.

18. donny has done some lovely light green resins. you might want to consider seeing if he would do a custom for you in light green and then either have one green and one neutral or put up the original on the marketplace for one of those who missed out to get? try looking in the archives on the dhs site to see if his green resin was what you had in mind. try toupee as an example of a past green

19. Hmm, I guess there is no harm in asking.

20. that's right the worst that can happen is he will say he can't right now