1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DreamHigh Studio Discussion Thread - Part 2

Oct 27, 2015

1. Pukifres and house elves would not be 5.5 feet tall. So a 1/12 scale house would be more like a play house for them.

2. Yes, I would think not. LOL

3. Timofey and Vasilisa together ))

[​IMG]

4. You've made her into a classy old lady, altoy!! Well done!

5. Oh wow. yes, that's fantastic to see them side by side :D

6. El BJD, Thank you so much)))

7. I meant to ask you what scale is her chair and table, altoy?

8. I wanted to start making something for my Willow to wear, but I don't have many really tiny dolls to compare. I thought maybe she'd fit into something from my Whispering Grass critters, so I'd have a jumping off point for designing the patterns.

The clothes for the Raccoon, and even the Toads, was way too big. I was surprised when she fit perfectly into one of the tiny mouse tutus.... who'd have thought??
      [​IMG]

9. Oh wow, bless :D

10. She looks so cute in that tutu, though it is not quite what you would expect a lady her age to wear...

Does anyone else have problems with kickyness? I am not use to tinies, is that normal? I think I am going to wire mine soon.

11. shipping takes long mine is send 20 dec, but still isn't here track and trace doesn't work,because it only tracks in indonesia not any further....so he/she will come unexpected,.........my aldou is not really kicky but the strings aren't very tight?...I have a girl doll about the same size of a russian artist, and boy she is so sturdy compared to dreamhigh....heavier, stronger and much easier to pose. but I do love the characters of dreamhigh, so better stringing or wiring? not sure why it is so much different.

12. If it turns out that the difficulty in posing is due to the stringing being too loose, perhaps a simple tightening of the legs would help? Are they strung at all like a Fairyland Littlefee? I had GREAT results just pulling the elastic out one ankle and tying the knot a little higher up. Tutorial HERE.

Or perhaps THIS tutorial on restringing a Nappy Choo would be closer to the DreamHigh House Elves?

13. The chair and table were made to order according to individual measurements (without scale)

14. Good idea!!!

15. I'm in the same boat, no updates since she left Jakarta the 21st of December.......

16. Hi everyone!
      I think I might need to restring my Ossia, does anyone know what kind of elastic to use? It looks like he has clear jewelry elastic in right now, would some from a craft store be alright as a replacement?
      I’m also thinking of wiring him too, but would the wire and the elastic both fit at once??? *_*
      He’s just so floppy right now ahhhhh
      Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance! <3

17. I use jewelry elastic, I have two sizes and you can try which ones are fitting to the dolls. I have a lot of tinies but still you have to feel which one are the best. The dolls like Ossia from Donny are very thin and fragile so be careful not to use too much tension on the elastic. The legs and body elastic are going up till the head while the arms are separately stringed, at least that is my way of stringing. To be completely sure you can always ask Donny. He is very kind and will give you the advice you need.

18. @Sam-I-Am,I have some very thin clear elastic and would be happy to send you a piece when I find it!