1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DreamHigh Studio Discussion Thread - Part 2

Oct 27, 2015

1. Thank you!

My Nolan is a very lucky fellow. He had a great company at walk today
      [​IMG]

2. Love the pics. Such cuties all.

3. Amazing pictures! I finally ordered a feilene, I can't wait untill her come home. Does anyone know her chest circumference?

4. I finally got around to taking a picture of Merlin (my Nolan) for another thread... One of these days I'll work up to adding an actual Profiles entry for the guy. Someday. Eventually. :lol:

[​IMG]

He makes me grin.

5. I just love Merlin's beard! Congrats.

6. Merlin is the best looking Nolan I've seen!
      Did you make his beard yourself?

7. I did... Like his hair, it's just a bit of angora wool.

8. I should redo Gobbie's hair some time. Any tips for a good hair glue job?

9. I love the Aleene's "Clear Gel" glue for that kind of thing... It dries completely clear and slowly enough to let you tinker a bit, it stays flexible when dry, it ages well and it's water-based for easy removal without damage if you change your mind.

10. I had forgotten that Pocca was "on topic" here on DOA. I received mine a few weeks ago and have been busily knitting for him/her. Not sure whether mine will be male or female, or perhaps both since I have two faceplates, "smile", and "sleep".

[​IMG]
      Neither faceplate has a faceup yet. When our weather improves my daughter will do the faceups for me.

11. @Wovenflame , I got the sleep face for my second plate too, I love sleeping dolls. And I'm also glad to know he's on-topic.

Even though I knew his size when I ordered him I was still amazed when I actually saw him! So tiny! And the outfits so detailed. Although it takes me forever to dress him. I feel that I need a magnifying glass and tweezers. I don't know how they do it. Or how you knit for him, you must have really good close vision and nimble fingers.

Here's my little sleeping guy.
      [​IMG]Wodehouse by Nadine, on Flickr

12. Congratulation!! Soo cute, i am still waiting for mine, I hope they make more face mold in the future. I love miniature bjd. I hope to get it in March. Bec. i don't do face up I have to buy with face up. I will probably try crocheting clothes and hope it goes well LOL

Your sleeping boy is soo cute. I want to get a sleeper in the future then. Bluefairy also makes miniature. I think more company should try making miniature bjd. I love displaying tiny dolls in the dollhouse. My future wish is that companies to start making really tiny bjd. I would buy them !

13. Very sweet hat and sweater! My Pocca is looking forward to see the patterns on Ravelry. :)

14. I don't! Well, perhaps the nimble fingers, but my eyesight is not great. I wear multifocal glasses and use a really good magnifying lamp. Sometimes, like when I drop a stitch or I'm doing some seaming, I place another magnifying glass on top of the magnifying lamp! It gets the job done.

Your little sleeping guy is super cute!

I've only had mine for a couple of weeks. I ordered in December. When did you place your order? I think if DreamHigh Studios came up with even more faceplates I'd be tempted to order a whole new doll and have them as separate characters. I'm really enjoying this little guy! When I get finished his wardrobe I'll be working on a 1:24 doll house from a kit. It's a little small if he is considered full grown, and a little big if he is considered a toddler, but it should look cute anyway.

Thanks! My Pocca would be very happy to see other micro kids running around in knits. He doesn't own any of the nice outfits sold by DreamHigh Studios.

Pocca did get some underwear today! I suppose if I knit this pattern in other colours he could wear them as shorts or a bathing suit too.

[​IMG]

15. I place my order beginning of February. I do hope they will see how much we love Pocca and make more face mold. I think I need alot of these tinies. I have several doll houses and i love putting my tiny bjds inside and Pocca is the perfect size. Please show your dollhouse with Pocca once you are done. I will attempt crocheting clothes for my dolls and see if look good LOL

16. I certainly will. Good luck with crocheting a wardrobe for your Pocca.

Look what I found for Pocca today!

[​IMG]

It's like a hard shelled eyeglass case, but much smaller. It's meant for earbuds, loose change, or jewelry. I found it in the seasonal section at London Drugs. It should work well to protect him from sunlight and damage when I need him near me for trying on knitwear.

17. That is a good idea, you can actually take your doll outside and not worry about damaging them :)

18. My Pocca got lost somewhere... They're trying to liberate him so he can be sent on his way, but it's disheartening to know he's been in limbo since mid-November...
      Keeping my fingers crossed.