1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DreamHigh Studio Discussion Thread - Part 2

Oct 27, 2015

1. oh no, I would be soo upset if my dolls are lost in the mail, hope you get your pocca home soon.

2. Yes, I carried him in my coat pocket today to show him off when we went visiting.

Oh nooooo!! I'm so sorry to hear that! I ordered mid December and mine has been here for at least a couple of weeks.

3. Well, they got it straightened out and he arrived today! Poor baby is naked, so I'll have to get out the knitting needles.

He's so cute - I love the grumpy little face.

[​IMG]

4. @Fairy Milliner , Oh, that is a great expression!

Has anyone tried different eyes? I imagine small beads might work.

5. The DreamHigh Studio website states that the eyes are 5mm. I have ordered a very tiny set, 5mm with a 3mm iris, from a seller on Etsy, but they haven't arrived yet so I can't tell you if they will work or not.

I designed a bonnet for the younger Pocca babies.

[​IMG]

6. Thank goodness your Pocca has finally arrived, Fairy Milliner!!

Wovenflame, that bonnet is wonderful!! Can't wait to see the new eyes!

7. Wow soo cute, love the face alot, thank god baby finally arrived safely :)

8. @Wovenflame , the bonnet is perfect. I also look forward to seeing those eyes!

9. @Wovenflame - that's an adorable bonnet! I love the way it fits around the ears!

My Pocca wants to be a boy - so I'll have to make him trousers. I was hoping for a girl, skirts are so much easier. LOL!!

Anyone else hope Donny will consider doing more of these babies?

10. There are 4 face plates for Pocca, 3 are OE and 1 is SP. :)

11. I check the mail every day, but so far no eyes. Tracking doesn't follow the package once it arrives in Canada. It's been in Canada for several days now do I'm hoping maybe next week? I ordered blue ones. If they fit and I like them it will really make him stand out amongst the other Poccas. Mind you, he's the only one that I have seen blank too. Still waiting for faceup weather. I'd really like him to have a faceup before I take photos of him in the patterns I'm developing.

Thanks. I'm happy with it. My own Pocca might not wear it much since he thinks it's too girly.

There was no way those ears were going to fit into a bonnet. The bonnet had to be designed to go around them.

So far mine is insisting on being a boy too, though I might have liked a girl for the same reasons you mentioned. He's still without a faceup though, and I do have the sleeping faceplate as well, so you never know what might happen once that is done. Maybe the faceup will make him seem more like a girl. There is a possibility that he might allow one of the faceplates to be a girl and the other to be a boy.

Although I'd love to see more characters this size developed, truth is, I probably wouldn't buy another. I can't really justify the expense of more than one model for any particular size.

Although there are the different faceplates they have been developed more like different expressions of the same character, rather than separate characters. If there were different faceups on them it might help for it to seem like multiple characters.

Here's my latest wardrobe enhancement for Pocca. The Pocca's that are feeling their inner girly might like this one. Mine couldn't wait to get out of the dress and lay around in his underwear again.

[​IMG][/user]

12. That's a darling little dress, Wovenflame! While I do have many more than one Fairyland Realpuki, I doubt that I'll have more than one Pocca. I also have 4 of the House Elves and twin Averys.

13. I put some green beads in my Pocca for eyes just for an experiment
      [​IMG]Wodehouse by Nadine, on Flickr

14. The colour is pretty. I find that with no whites of the eyes showing it looks a little alien though. Is that the look you are after?

15. @Wovenflame, not really. The eyes he comes with are totally black, which look like bird's eyes to me. I don't dislike them but just thought I'd try some other colors. I don't intend to keep the green in. I'm waiting to see what the eyes you ordered look like too.

16. Well, I finally got them today. They are gorgeous eyes --- BUT --- they don't fit. Just so you know and don't make the same mistake, I ordered 5mm eyes with 2.5mm irises. The ball part of the eye is way too big. It won't fit in the space available so I can't even get them close to the opening.

Like you, I'm not all that thrilled with how much black shows in Pocca's default eyes. They do have a very small amount of whites around the iris. If you move them to side glancing they look a little less animal/alien.

While I was searching for even smaller eyes today I came up with another idea I will try to explore. eBay has white porcelain balls meant to be used as the base for hand painting your own doll eyes. But rather than order those just yet, I was thinking of maybe trying to find a white bead that fits, and then painting irises and pupils and finally sealing them with a gloss sealant. We'll see! These tiny little micro dolls do come with their fair share of problems! Wigs are another issue!

17. Wovenflame, can you file down the outer edges a bit to see if they'll fit into the eye socket? Or ask for eye suggestions on the FB group?

18. @Wovenflame , I have very small eyes on hand that would probably look good but, again, they just won't fit into the faceplate. I tried some more beads, dark blue this time. They look similar to the black but with a tinge of color. I agree with you that painting a bead may be the only option for a humanoid eye.

I don't even intend to try to find a wig, which is fine with me, I like him bald. That tiny dome with the big ears!! The only thing that might look in-scale would be wee rodent hair, maybe.

Not going to worry about shoes either.

Here's blue eyes...
      [​IMG]Wodehouse and Domo by Nadine, on Flickr

19. No delete button?

#839 Wovenflame, Mar 10, 2021
      Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    20. It wouldn't be just "a bit". It would be a lot. The question of eyes for Pocca has come up on the FB group and no one has any good suggestions. Eyes just don't seem to be available that small. Pure black ones meant for teddy bears, yes, but that's the look that I want to get away from.

I like the blue bead eyes better than the green, but I do really want to get a humanoid type eye. I should go experiment right now. I do have white beads that look to be the right size. Maybe with my mandala dotting tools I can come up with a respectable iris and pupil. In the meantime I won't be discarding those default eyes he came with.