1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DreamHigh Studio Discussion Thread - Part 2

Oct 27, 2015

1. Wovenflame, I wonder if one of those 'make your own eye' kits they sell would work.

2. They might, if you could find one small enough. None of the ones with molds to pour resin into seemed small enough.
      If you just mean the ones with porcelain beads that have no holes, they might also work. I tried painting regular white beads that have holes (just painting the iris on the side) but they turned out kind of spooky looking and the shape was too bug-eyed bulgy.

My daughter found a vendor of really small eyes on Etsy. I've bit the bullet and ordered a set of 4mm. I really hope they fit as with the exchange rate and shipping they were expensive! It will likely be months before I receive them though. I measured the eye opening with a ruler and they seem to be about 4mm so I daren't go smaller than that or there will be gaps. I'm concerned that they still won't fit in those narrow spaces in Pocca's faceplate though.

3. I love your St. Patrick's Day props. I went looking and found nothing remotely the right size. Pocca did get a brand new green outfit though.

[​IMG]

Happy St. Patrick's Day -- or if you aren't Irish or don't celebrater the day --- then have a happy day!

4. @Wovenflame , great outfit, love the colors! You have a lucky Pocca.

5. Too cute, hope you publish your patterns soon!

6. I'm working on it. Each little item takes hours to knit (I've been timing the last few) and I often have to knit the same item many times to perfect both the article and the way the pattern is written. Lucky little Pocca gets all the proceeds though, so he's happy.

[​IMG]

7. The pattern will be well worth the wait, as usual. :)

8. So exciting!! Yess, I can only imagine, very much worth the wait.

9. Happy Easter from my Avery twins!

[​IMG]

10. Pocca finally got his faceup, new eyes, and a knitted outfit.

[​IMG]

11. [​IMG]
      Love finding tiny props for these wee ones.

@Wovenflame your knitting skills are amazing. Lucky little Pocca!

12. His outfits are quite simple. The only difficulty is the size! It requires good fine motor skills and a bright magnifying lamp.

Is your wee one a "Squee"? So adorable.

13. Yes @Wovenflame , she is a little Squee. Love them so much that I have 4!

@phanuel , thank you, the chair back is a pretty butterfly. My wee girl hides the pretty details but I do like the way the wings look behind her.

14. I just caved and ordered a second Pocca. You can't have just one! :-)

@Jonlyn - I love the little chair. I always regret missing out on Boo and Squee and their friends. Your Squee is adorable!

15. Thank you @Fairy Milliner ! I agree, one is never enough...I have 4 Squees!

[​IMG]

This is my wee boy, Ryo

#857 Jonlyn, May 23, 2021
      Last edited: May 23, 2021
    16. I bought a Poppy to add to my elf crew. I have two Ben's named Grum and Junie and now I will have Bobbie or GG. I can't decide on the name yet.. I will have to see when she arrives. Does anyone have a Poppy that is on here? I'd love to see your doll.

17. Found some more human-looking eyes on etsy. I'd like to adjust them to look a little less stare-y but they're so tiny they're difficult to maneuver.
      [​IMG]Wodehouse and Bellina by Nadine, on Flickr

18. I totally agree! I fiddled with Pocca's new eyes so much -- and finally just had to say, "good enough!".