1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DreamHigh Studio Discussion Thread - Part 2

Oct 27, 2015

1. @Wovenflame , yes, even dressing him is a struggle, but worth it. I may try moving his eyes again when I've recovered from this time. *_*

2. But what a chic chicken!

3. @MayBea , oh yes! Bellina loves her pearls, they go with everything.

4. He's very cute! I use the blunt end of a crochet hook to move my little's eyes.

5. @El BJD , crochet hooks do make good tools but I don't have any small enough for this. The eyes are 3mm! I was using a toothpick.

6. I have hooks down to .5mm in size. I don't crochet with that one anymore but sometimes still use the .75m hook.

7. That's what I used for my guy's 3mm eyes also. It is still a frustrating challenge. I've got them "ok" now, and I'm NOT touching them again!

8. @El BJD , I haven't done any crochet for decades, I gave the hooks I did have to my daughter, although she mostly knits.

@Wovenflame , yeah, I hate fussing with any size eyes. Toothpicks make great tools for correcting a lot of niggling things, and also can be used in making tiny props. I find them indispensable.

9. I am building a new dollhouse for Richi. It is a new brand for me and I really like the size. It will be in black, white and gray with red accents. I downloaded tile templates from Jessica Cloe Miniatures and ordered fabric from Minidolls.com I found the kit on Amazon; the company name is Fsolis and there are 10 different styles of dollhouse in this size.

[​IMG]I just opened a DIY kit from a new brand. It has a wood map. by richila9098, on Flickr

[​IMG]A chair by richila9098, on Flickr

[​IMG]The kitchen so far by richila9098, on Flickr

Cotton fabric from Minidolls.com

[​IMG]Cotton fabric for dollhouse by richila9098, on Flickr

10. I love this! Richie is so lucky to have such a good mommy.

11. richila, I can't wait to see Richi's new dollhouse finished.

I have a Poppy. Here she is picking strawberries with her friend Nolan.
      [​IMG]

12. i am so glad to see other pocca owners!! mine arrived back in late april, and ever since i have been trying (and often failing) to sew him some clothes...

13. I would imagine sewing for such a small doll would be very difficult. Do you knit?

14. The real challenge for me is to make clothes that can be taken off - I am quite used to dressing doll house dolls, but generally they are glued into their clothing and it's not removable.

15. @sammy529 , I knew from the get-go that I wouldn't be making clothes for Pocca, nor find any to fit other than from Dreamhigh.
      So I got whatever boy ones they had.
      I wish you luck and would love to see the results.

16. i have learned its just best to handsew at this point. i know how knit but i am still a bit of a novice in regards to working at a small scale. i started making a hat using your pointy hat pattern this afternoon though! i had been looking for patterns for dolls his size and was thrilled that there was some specifically for pocca.
      yes! with bjd’s like pocca you need to account for a closure since it cannot really go right on over the head like some doll clothes, and human clothes do :). plus hes so fragile i get nervous pulling things over his little fingers!
      that was a really good idea, your fellow is so well dressed! mine has a small wardrobe now but poor thing was without clothes for a few weeks :( i am going to try and post pictures of his little outfits.

#876 sammy529, Jun 14, 2021
      Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    17. ok so for whatever reason i am having a hard time inserting images so i am just going to insert the link to his album on my flikr, i hope thats ok! here it is pocca everything he is wearing i hand sewed with the exception of the scarf which is knitted. i am considering uploading a little pattern to make his hat, nightshift, pants and blouse for anyone else who is crazy enough to hand sew clothes for a 5cm doll:whee:

#877 sammy529, Jun 14, 2021
      Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    18. @sammy529 , those are adorable! I didn't think about a scarf, I may have a dollhouse-sized one that will fit him.

19. @sammy529 - I really love your photographs. Your Pocca looks so happy climbing all over your sewing machine. :D

I do tend to wrap my Pocca's hands before putting her clothes on (mine's decided she wants to be a girl... LOL!) I've used bits of nylon stocking, and even some sticky tape - it's a pain to get off, but it stops the fingers from poking through loose weaves.

I should take some pictures of mine, she's coming along nicely. Wants to look nice for when her little friend arrives, I think. :XD:

20. Your little wardrobe turned out very well!