1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DreamHigh Studio Discussion Thread - Part 2

Oct 27, 2015

1. I love that idea to MB and Rosslyn! DHS makes some lovely leather bags for the house elves and one of them really looks like a doctors bag :)

2. New little house elf arrived today! Jambo the house elf has joined my ever growing crew of house elves.

[​IMG]

As always, he was very well packed in a cute little bag. This one arrived in a simple bag with an pull close opening, rather than the usual folding open type with tabs that open and are tied closed with ribbons.

He arrived in a box cover for different elves that were released at the same time, Yin and Yang. I was worried I had been sent the wrong one from the simultaneous releases, but luckily this was not the case. I would like a Yin and Yang one day, but I could only afford one at a time and I was pretty excited to get Jambo first. I just loved his little smile, as with many of the house elves from this studio.

[​IMG]

I dressed him in a temporary outfit for now. I'm going to make him some comfy clothes, shoes and he definitely needs a hat!

His resin colour wasn't entirely what I expected. There's a lot of blue in it when seen in person which looks a bit sickly at first, but this doesn't show in photographs. Overall, I think it suits the little elf.

He arrived with several pairs of hands, as is usual for newer house elf releases. I think they fit very well, perhaps better than my previous Benjamin doll. They've not fallen out like my previous elves and the tabs that hold them in place feel more present. At the very least, the hands haven't fallen out while posing, so feels like a good improvement here.

[​IMG]

He's got a very strong presence to him. His felted little eyebrows are adorable. I've been a bit quiet in the doll hobby for a while, but I definitely feel inspired again to work on things for him :D Very pleased I jumped into the sale for this one.

3. [​IMG] my Yin arrived, he is cute

gave him a little different face-up and eyes to fit the character I had in mind for him[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

he fits in nice with my other ones, he only met the little realpuki for now, don't want to scare him with my other ones yet
      [​IMG]

4. He looks like he could easily be a realpuki's grandpa!

5. Painting eggs...
      [​IMG]

6. How cute!

7. [​IMG]
      I've made this little guy a shirt with rolled sleeves, and some unintentionally kind of Jazz Age trousers. I think next he needs suspenders/braces to go with them and hold them up.
      This is the start of his base outfit, and first I will be making him into a little Magical Creature Veterinarian. Like a very very small James Herriot. I have plenty of fun animals to be patients of his in a cute cottage diorama setting.
      (Do excuse the backdrop, that is the enclosure of my Blue Death-Feigning Beetles. If you look close you can see Timmy the smallest beeple trying to wave hello)

8. Noooo I can’t believe the 5cm Mushroom Amanita was limited edition, they’re so adorable! Hoping they make more in the future? One can dream?

9. You can certainly email Donny and ask; he seems like a very nice guy if very busy.

10. Thank you I might try to do that or try my luck with any resellers they’re just so darn cute

11. Anyone seen the new baby elf? Waiting to see an image next to another house elf before I decide if I'm in or not...

Facebook post with giveaway and preview images: DreamHigh Studio.