1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DreamingDoll Discussion (Ddollshop) , Part 2

Jul 19, 2013

1. Definitely agree on the aesthetics part, Lia and Ryuna stood out to me immediately, though some of the other sculpts are captivating in their own way! I love Lia's cheerfulness and Ryuna's slightly foxy look(Its that subtle smirk).
      Haha, yeah. Reina would learn to tone down/be ladylike in adulthood, but as a child she is hyperactive and imaginative.
      Here she is with her best friend, Arden the centaur and two of her girl friends
      Flickr
      YES, PLEASE! (All caps for enthusiasm!) You have both? Joy! I would love to see a group photo of any other MSD sized dolls with your male Lia, comparism photos are always helpful:) Thanks for the wig size!
      I was going to make an adult Arden too! I bought a MSD sized centaur body from another DOA member.

I would love to see some Little Elva spam in general, especially with dolls from other companies, like Model delfs from Luts or Minifees from Fairyland(Male or female). I heard that Model delf's heads are small in comparison to other MSD sized dolls, but I hope Lia's head would be compatible?

2. Picture for you. :daisy

[​IMG]

I also own a MNF, so I can take a photo of them together later this week. If there are any other minis in my profile you'd like to see Little Elva Lia with, please let me know. I'm always happy to help. :)

3. Awww, so cute! They look adorable as boys too! Pongs can't help but look excitable:) Blue is my favourite colour, but I thought that the green default eyes looked good on so I never did switch in the blue eyes I bought for her. Yes, I'd love to see her with a Minifee too! One of my other dolls, an Ante, has a minifee version:) I don't have plans to get a minifee yet, but I am curious;)

I like the medieval style shirt your Lia is wearing, did you make it yourself?

4. Thank you! I'll be sure to snap a picture of Rune (my Lia) with my MNF Rheia soon.

The medieval outfit he wears was a commission made by AzuriellesGrove on etsy. :daisy

5. Hello again! :daisy

Here is my Lia boy next to my MNF Rheia. Sorry it's not a full-body shot. :sweat I will say that the two are the exact same height and overall look pretty good together (IMO, anyway).

[​IMG]

I hope this helps you!

6. Yes, it does thank you! They look compatible in terms of size. Quite the contrast in terms of costume:) What do they think of each other?

7. Hello, everyone! I have a little Elva Ryuna myself. And I'm wondering if anyone knows of any place that sells clothes that can fit little Elva bodies? I'm having a hard time finding pants in general. So far I've only been able to get leggings.

8. I commissioned someone on Etsy to make a dress for her but she's closed until September. I think you could find people who craft for minifees and tell them to add +1cm to their bust and waist. The hips should be the same measurement but I'm not sure. I haven't even ordered my doll yet:) You could link them her measurements on her profile though.

9. @Sunrei Do you really think I'd be able to ask for another cm or two from the sellers? I just don't want to make more trouble for them. It'd be super nice if they could; I think I've seen some even say that they're willing to accommodate some buyers if asked.

10. Well, they don't interact much. Each shelf in my doll cabinet represents a different "story/theme"---my Lia is in my medieval group, while my MNF Rheia is in my retro 1980s crew. I would assume my Lia would be flabbergasted by my Rheia's bodacious behavior and they wouldn't have much to talk about. :XD: Especially since my Lia wouldn't even know what a microwave is, hehehe.

I second the recommendation for etsy; in my experience, the sellers there are very kind. Doesn't hurt to ask them.

Also, once you earn MP access you could also commission custom works there. :)

11. Sent you a link, good luck:)
      Generally people on Etsy are really nice, if you ask politely you will receive a polite response, whether its a yes or no. Plus, the ones which are marked 'pre-orders' haven't been made yet, the seller is trying to anticipate the number of clothes to make by asking customers to pay up front or in advance before starting. Doesn't hurt to ask right? Remember that most of them want customers and good reviews too!

Oh you're organised! I like the word bodacious, it's sassy! My character is going to be in a medieval like setting, but it's not a historically accurate version. It's basically one of those alternative realities where the world has advanced on magic rather than technology.I tend to dress my dolls differently than the setting I write about, mostly because I like the dresses on Etsy and because they inspired the story after I had them for awhile:) My reasoning is in this world, they exist as dolls lol! I also write AU stories for them as one shots for fun. My dolls are my inspiration<3

12. I love the word bodacious. Probably use it more often than I should, lol. :lol:

That's cool your character is in a medieval-esque setting. :thumbup I'm a fan of magic, so your idea sounds very cool to me. I tend to dress all my dolls in outfits their canon counterparts would wear, then once I achieve their proper "look" I don't change anything. (I know I'm among a minority in this hobby---most folks love changing clothes, wigs, etc. but it's just not how I go about customizing).

And my dolls inspire me, too. <3 They also keep me on my toes. :XD:

13. Yup:3 It's funny how they almost decide their own personalities. It must nice to have dolls who are content in terms of clothes, lol! I gotta ask, because I was just browsing shoes, does Lia come with flat feet and heeled feet or just flat feet? I remember seeing a YouTube video of a girl opening the Dreamingdoll parcel with both, but there are no options on the page

14. Unfortunately I can't help you there because my Lia is on a boy body. Hopefully someone who owns a girl will pop in and answer your question for ya.

15. When I got my Ryuna, she came with both feet. I think it even mentions at the bottom of the page, below all the pictures, on whichever doll you choose that they'll come with both flat and heeled feet. Hope this helps!

16. Ah, thank you, I missed that somehow. I've contacted them and they said she can come with a wig as well:)

17. Yes! More beautiful DreamingDolls are joining. :)

There was a Ball Jointed Doll convention in my city last weekend, so I took Meara (Leia/KDF hybrid) to find some stuff. Sadly, still no perfect wig for her, but I did get her new eyes, so she’s moving closer to the illustration she’s based on! They are 12mm Ginarolo glass eyes in Violet. I’m quite pleased with how they look different colors in different lights, and I clearly need to take better photos! Life has been a mess lately, so maybe next week!

[​IMG]

18. She looks lovely! :D

19. #479 Sunrei, Oct 9, 2016
      Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
    20. What an adorable picture! They look amazing together! :D

Congrats on adult!Reina's arrival! :daisy I look forward to seeing more of her in the future.