1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DreamOfDoll (Dream Of Children) Discussion (DoC) Part 3

Aug 26, 2013

1. Apologies if you misunderstood my comments due to poor wording (on my part); my intent wasn't to suggest head size alone is a determining factor. I offered the size of AE Cherry's head so the head in question could be measured to see if it matched it, not to prove said head wasn't a DOC. I listed my Petsha's head circumference for comparison (and, in doing so, stated her head was on the small side of DOCs).

I am aware that my girl has a tiny head compared to others. :XD:

Sorry for any misunderstanding. :sweat

You're very welcome. I hope you're able to track down your head's origins soon. :daisy

#181 PeppermintPocky, Jan 31, 2016
      Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
    2. I understood! There's always a little variation between heads even within the same company. A sculpt being cast years apart may even have changed due to mold replication. Anyway! I'll be moving to other threads to pursue further information about that mystery head I've got.

If it does turn out to be a counterfeit (booo!), I am pretty sure I'll be replacing it wih a DoD sculpt now that I've had a look and have seen how much I like them! How happy I felt during the day I thought I had come into possession of a somewhat forgotten sculpt, who is so beautiful in photos!
      I'm not much into minis, but hey, maybe that'll be different from here on, because Too has charmed me equally! :sweat

Since you seem to be a couple of experienced DoD owners talking here, what do you like about DoD's bodies? Is there anything particularly unique? I think I've read about great overall balance, is there anything more that sets them a step above the average mini body?

3. I don't think there's much doubt that she's the AE Cherry (we went through pretty much all possible companies), unless AE picked up some discontinued sculpt from another company or something. But if she doesn't turn out to be legit, that's too bad.

I can't speak for the boy bodies, because I've only had the old versions and since hybrided all my boys onto DZ bodies. But the girl body is great at posing... probably the best msd body I've had. However, she was much more workable with the first version where she had a separate ball in her thigh. Now it's a solid joint and tends to snap back. However, thanks to the thigh joint and the placement of the torso joint, she can curl up into a pretty decent ball, do ballet and squat quite low. The oldest comparison in my comparison album has the DoC girl body in it. :3 And the black and white photo after them leads to a doc vs. mnf comparison and she just blows fairylands out of the water. However, she can be a little finicky to handle -especially if she's been strung tight.

Agh, now that I've been thinking about DoCs I'm kind of missing mine. They no longer fit into my collection so I've let go of most of them. I only have a tender Yen head left and Mir... who I should photograph, but her outfit isn't complete... It's been in the works for like 4 years... maybe 5, and it's not even complicated. ^^;; Poor girl:
      [​IMG]

Her 11th birthday is coming up this July. <3

4. Too is a cutie. :XD: Zen is still on my own personal radar; I've loved him since I joined the hobby.

As far as the DOC bodies go, I think my Petsha's posing is on par with some other minis I own---sturdier than my MNF but not as graceful as my Loongsoul (my LS Momo is the best posed in my crew, IMO). My only problem with the DOC body I own is aesthetic; my girl wears a sleeveless dress, and the joints at her elbows are bulky.

I will add I also love DOD's resin. Its very solid/durable with a beautiful texture. My Petsha was very pink when she first arrived, but in time has mellowed to a color I like even more. :aheartbea

Your girl is beautiful---I especially love how you've posed her in this photo. 11 years is a milestone worthy of celebrating. :daisy My Petsha will turn seven in August; she was the first doll I ever fell for.

#184 PeppermintPocky, Feb 1, 2016
      Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
    5. Oh, you're right, the sculpt is identified. By calling it a mystery I only meant its legitimacy and age/amount of modification are still in question. Didn't want to continue taking up a page's worth of this thread for a head that doesn't belong here, or possibly on DoA at all ^_^;

I seem to favor single-jointed or older style bodies now. My first mini was a double-jointed Luts Kid Delf and I think she put me off minis because of being unwieldy, despite her pretty face ><

Have been reading plenty of such comments like yours @PeppermintPocky, that Longsoul really nails it. I'm rather impressed by DoC now! To have your doll for 7 years is great! I'm only coming up on anniversary 2 with my first doll this summer. I can only imagine how your bond with your first must feel by now. :dance

@Yenna Those comparisons are really great, so thanks very much! I like how the body performs in the sitting and curled-up poses you showed. My dolls spend a lot of display-time being posed that way (I find it natural looking & charming to 'rest' them comfortably.) :D

11 years with Miss Mir, that is really amazing! She is looking great, as if patiently awaiting her turn in the spotlight and knowing it will be coming back around ^^

6. Wow it makes soooo happy to see this thread alive once again! :dance I got into this hobby thanks to Dream of Doll and the DoCs I have are my most precious dolls.

I'm with you, @PeppermintPocky, I wasn't a fan of DoC's aesthetic, the bulky arms drove me nuts sometimes. That's why my 2 boys are hybrids.

@Yenna almost 11 years and she's looking good as always! Kyoshi, my first doll/DoC, is also almost 11 years in May. Yay for oldies!

7. Oh, yes... my Lenneth (DOC Petsha) is very dear to me. Even though I ended up cutting her character from my manuscripts I couldn't sell her; instead I bought her a new betrothed so I could ultimately write their story. :lol:

Or maybe that's just an excuse for me to buy more dolls. Dunno. :lol:

I agree, @yumi~ ! I used to be very active in this thread before my hiatus so I'm always happy to see it pop up. :)

That's awesome you found bodies to work for your DOC hybrids! Hybrids intimidate me, which is why I only have one atm. Do you have any recent spam of your Zen, by chance? I always love seeing your sweet Kyoshi. :daisy

#187 PeppermintPocky, Feb 7, 2016
      Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    8. Aww you're always so kind to Kyoshi:hug: we both appreciate your words <3 I just got home and even though is night already (lighting sucks for photos) I took some quick pictures because Kyoshi wanted to tell you something:

[​IMG]

:XD:

Most of my dolls are hybrids and I'm the same as you, they intimidate me! I do an extensive research before I buy a body and sometimes the hybrid still doesn't work. However, I've been pretty lucky most of the time, especially with Kyoshi =D

I was lucky with him because the first body I got him was/is perfect. Skin match was 100% perfect and after all these years, I don't see a difference. He has mellowed out but the good thing is that the body has changed as well.

Rosiel was another story. He went through 3 bodies before I found the right one. Two of those bodies were DOCs and none of them matched >_< DOD's skin color was(is?) very inconsistent, he also was extremely PINK :barf thank goodness his resin has mellowed out nicely and the strong pink has disappeared, now he is just a little bit pink lol he also needed to be taller than Kyoshi and the DOC bodies were smaller. Finally, I settled for Doll-love but I made sure that it was taller than the Dollmore kid body and that the resin was pink. The match is not 100% perfect but it is good so I'm happy. =)

More spam!
      [​IMG]

I take a hiatus from time to time, I don't think I have ever been active anywhere XD but I'm always happy when I get a notification from this thread. DOD will always remain special to me.

Now I want to see Lenneth! I remember her as a very pretty lady, please spam her <3

#188 yumi~, Feb 8, 2016
      Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    9. Oh my word! Kyoshi! You're so adorable. :whee: Thank you for the awesome photo, @yumi~ ---it really made my day! :daisy Love the picture of him with Rosiel, too. Both are great looking boys, and their bodies seem to work great from what I can see (match-wise). I own a 1/4 DollLove Hugh and I'm pretty satisfied with his body with the exception of his forearms. For some reason his forearms rub me the wrong way. :sweat

Someday I still hope to add a Zen to my collection, although I fear the sculpt may not live up to my expectations given how much I love your Kyoshi. :XD: He sets the bar very high for me, lol.

Awww... thank you. :daisy

I haven't taken many photos of Lenneth lately because she's sitting in my cabinet naked (I need to restring her), but here's one from (a past) winter. She will always be my White Queen. :daisy

[​IMG]

10. @PeppermintPocky Aaaah she's so BEAUTIFUL!!! what an adorable queen :D the song fits her perfectly and now I can't stop listening to it. I love Queen and I never heard that song before, so thank you!!! =D

I always thought that DOC Petsha had the most unique sculpt of all their dolls and yours is so cute :3

I'm glad you liked the photo, anyone who likes kyoshi is our friend hehe I truly hope you can get Zen someday, I love to see them and I think they're all unique, yours would be unique too. =]

The Doll love body is ok, I had an issue with the ankles at first because they were too thick for me (reminded me of popeye with his thick ankles and wrists haha) but I hide them with high top sneakers...even though his favorite shoes are low top sneakers : [ oh well, the height and skin color were my priority so it works^^

Once again, thank you so much for your kind words towards my boys and especially Kyoshi, you're the sweetest <3

11. Any yen or tender too spam please?

12. [​IMG]

@moondust07x here's my Tender Too (with Tender Bee-a) -- photo from 08/22/07. Back then I had to go out to the park to get pics of my dolls in nature. I was always so stressed about people possibly seeing me. :blush

13. I took my DOC gal out of my cabinet the other day to clean her and dress her, then I got all nostalgic for this thread.

So here's a bump in hopes of pic spam---bonus if photos are of Petsha or Zen (my favorites!). :whee:

14. Yay!!! this gives me an excuse to spam my baby boy <3

He always wears his messy fur wig but this time I told him to comb his hair for a special day (it was his birthday, picture taken on May 21st :) )

[​IMG]

and a drawing I made of my Kyoshi inspired by that wig lol

[​IMG]

and another drawing I did of him for his birthday too (this is old)

you can see how bad I am at painting ;__;
      [​IMG]

He makes me so happy! I want to give him a new face up soon to refresh his look :3

15. AHHHHHHHH! Kyoshi is as adorable as ever!!!! :D <3 :love And that red piano? Jaw-dropping. Mind if I ask if the piano is part of a backdrop? Or did you buy/make it? Either way, I just want to huggle your sweet boy.

I love him---I hope you know that. :XD: Love your artwork, too! Bravo! 10/10 stars when it comes to photo spam!!!

16. Thank you so much @PeppermintPocky :aheartbea you've always supported my Kyoshi and that means A LOT for me!!:hug:

Oh I wish I could make a piano :P or find a piano for his size because his character plays the piano. I got the backdrop from ebay just for him. I'm glad it looked more-or-less realistic :XD:

More spam, my most recent picture of him with my other DOC and some friends
      [​IMG]

That's another backdrop from ebay, I don't take my dolls out and my walls are boring =D I live in the boring city so even if I take them out there's nothing nice around so I have many backdrops ^^

17. They all make my minty lil' heart flutter. <3 Thank you for sharing! Who's the cutie flashing the peace sign??

And thanks for answering my question about the piano! I'm going to have to look into buying one of those backdrops but with a winter scene for my sweet Petsha. (I feel so bad. I have 15+ Doll Profiles made but still haven't started hers... and she was my first BJD. :sweat)

I also just noticed Kyoshi is wearing a bow tie. :D Ties are my weakness and not enough minis around DOA seem to wear 'em. He (and you, since you dressed him, ;)) have great taste!

18. @PeppermintPocky The one with the peace sign is my Volks Mina =D she is actually Kyoshi's best friend and she was there when Kyoshi made the thank you note for you ^^

[​IMG]

(I'm really spamming this thread now :lol: )

I have seen very cute winter backdrops for your lovely girl <3 I prefer to buy the 3x5FT backdrops because they are cheaper than buying the ones advertised as 'BJD backdrops' ($5 with free shipping vs $14-$17 plus shipping!) but that depends on the scene. The one above is 3x5FT and I can use it with my biggest dolls too. For the piano one I had to get the expensive one because I wanted the piano to look realistic for Kyoshi....oooh I wish I had good Photoshop skills to not depend on backdrops ^^;;

I hope you can find the perfect backdrop for her and share the pictures here! and make her a profile :whee: Speaking of profiles, I haven't done any profile for my dolls... I'm so lazy!! :sweat

Kyoshi loves bow ties!! it's hard to find good ones for his size and the ones he's wearing there are bow ties for Yo-SDs but they look nice on him. Many of my dolls wear bow ties because I think it adds a nice touch to the outfit. Thank you for the compliment! :aheartbea

19. Yay! I'm glad, personally. :XD:

Your little SDC Mina is adorable. <3 She looks so cute with Kyoshi (and I remember the photo you took for me! So cute!). Mina and May are two of my favorite Volks sculpts---hopefully someday I'll be able to snag one secondhand, myself. :whee:

And OH MY WORD you just saved me so much $$$$ by telling me about the backdrops. :aeyepop: Seriously. Thank you x100! I had no idea you could find them cheaper by changing the search terms!! $5-$8 w/ free shipping is so much better than $16 + shipping, heh. Right now I'm eyeing this one for my sweet Petsha. Once I buy one, I'll be sure to share photos here!

Cool trick with Kyoshi's bowtie, btw! :thumbup

20. @PeppermintPocky

Awww thank you!!! *hugs you tightly!*

I found Mina and May on Mandarake and it was love at first sight <3 I really struggled in choosing one of them and May was being offered at a very good price! but I chose Mina in the end. I would really like to see one of them in your family, you have very wonderful dolls and I like how you style them!

For backdrops I recommend you the seller biwecity! the colors are intense and the backdrops always look like the picture! right now they don't have a large variety but you can message them asking for a scene in specific and you can request size too. I like the 3x5ft size they offer because they are big and all doll sizes can use them. The only winter backdrop they have right now is this: 3x5FT Winter Snow Forest Photography Background Backdrop For Studio Photo Props but the one you want to buy is very cute! can't wait to see your sweet queen!!

I want to give Kyoshi a new face up soon but I'm scared >_< I have given almost all my dolls face ups except for Kyoshi and two more dolls.... it would make me so happy to see him with my work but I'm afraid I will not do a good job. Wish me luck! (I'll do it this weekend)

Last picture, for you!:whee:

[​IMG]