1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DreamOfDoll (Dream Of Children) Discussion (DoC) Part 3

Aug 26, 2013

1. @PeppermintPocky I'm so glad you like! He was an impulse purchase and a darn good one too; I'm very fond of him!

2. Goodness! It's been really long since I came back! Nice to see everyone's dolls! <3

3. It has been a while too! :XD: Sadly I still see their website down. Are they really gone for good? I was hoping it would be a temporary downtime but.... :(

4. Mmmmm... So do I... I have been waiting for news from them as well, but haven't heard any so far. ; n; )
      The DoC chat has been pretty quiet as compared to the DoT thread as well it seems. :(

5. I wonder if that means they are really gone for good. It's such a pity... My first doll was a DoC... ahhh this brings back memories. :(

6. Here's my Tender Zen and my Tender Too.
      I've had this Tender Zen for 12 years. :)

[​IMG]

7. Has anyone bought (or made) something cute for their DoC lately? ;)

#227 ophelia, Nov 11, 2017
      Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    8. I'm a bit late to the party seeing the participation rate, but I just found a Bee-A head after all this time!! Now I "only" have to find her a body hahaha ^^' and I will spam this thread :p
      Do any of you have DOC hybrids?

9. Congratulations!!! I don't have any hybrids, but I would like to see if you find the perfect match for her. :)

10. My DoC Twing-key was a hybrid for a while with a Normal Skin Angel of Dream body. The skin tone was a match, but I felt the AoD body was too slim and mature for what I wanted.

I love Bee-a! I look forward to seeing your new girl.

11. Here is my long overdue picture of Bee-A! Dang I'm crazy about her. The color match with her body isn't perfect, but it's the mature look I wanted for her and it doesn't bother me that much. The body is from Dreaming Doll.
      [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. I got a DOC Leya back in february/march but I haven't got her with the basics till now (wig, faceup, clothes) I'm new to the hobby so I didn't had anything for her arround home. Also, the other dolls I have are Slim msd so they can't switch clothes or wigs.

[​IMG]

Her name is Estrella and she is really old (I'm her 5th owner)

Ps: I'm saving for a computer and have a doll on Layaway so I can't buy fancy stuff for my dolls right now

13. -sneaks in-
      It's been a long time since I've shared pictures on doa ... I think it's time to get a little more active here again. ^^

This is Joshua, my DOC Homme Ivan. I bought him in 2011. ^^

[​IMG]

14. Waking up the thread just to say that my girl turned 13 today <3 I can't believe it's already been 13 years since I got my first dolls (she's my second one):
      [​IMG]

Her face up has faded a bit, so I need to update that.

15. Hey, I wanted to finally share my Bee-A with you! She is on a Dollits DKD white skin body (sorry for the nudity, I’m still working on a wardrobe).

She was my first piece of resin ever back in 2012 and I loved her so much even though she was just a head. It only took me five years to find her a body after that! *_*

Resin comparison through a computer screen sucks big time, but we did alright ;) She did have plenty of time for her pinkness to mellow, after all. She was my first foray into modding though, as the Dollits neck was much thicker.

[​IMG]

#235 Momiji, Jan 24, 2019
      Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    16. @Momiji Your girl is gorgeous! Bee-A has been my grail doll ever since she was released back in 2003...
      I'm actually in the middle of finally purchasing her second-handed, I'm so, so excited.
      Her body proportion works really well with the head! :D

17. @CMBato Congratulations on finding your grail!! Wow 2003, huh... I forget how long these dolls have been around. Their sculpts have aged well.

18. @Momiji Your Bee-A looks gorgeous! I've been wanting to order a new doll from DOD once again. But I don't think they are around any more. :(

19. .

#239 Gintsumi, May 6, 2019
      Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
    20. This is a question relating to very early Dream of Doll history, I know, but does anyone know if the hands changed from chunkier hands to more slender hands in mid- to late-2004? The reason why I'm wondering is because I thought it might help me determine my Twing-key's age, since I'm at least the second owner. I noticed when I got her (in 2011), her hands were chunky compared to my Tender Bee-a's hands.

Twing-key:

[​IMG]Dream of Doll Twing-key (Dresden) by A M, on Flickr

Tender Bee-a:
      [​IMG]Ophelia by A M, on Flickr
      I mined through the Wayback Machine to see what Dream of Doll company images I could dig up.

This is Dream of Doll Limited White Twing-key from 2003 with what looks to be the fuller hands:
      I also found a couple of Twing-keys on Flickr with hands like my doll's (chunky):
      The only other company photos I have seen of Twing-key are in a kind of pink nurse/schoolgirl outfit, with the more slender hands (like my Tender Bee-a's), but I don't know when that was added to the site.

I've been searching kinda obsessively for old pics of DOC's with hands visible but I haven't found too many. I haven't found one with chunky hands that wasn't a Twing-key either.

I apologize for the idle/random question, but it's something I've been wanting to know about my girl for a while. Those of you who have DOC's that are or that you believe to be older (2003-2004), are the hands the fuller/more baby-like hands, like my Twing-key's, or are they slender?