1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DreamOfDoll (Dream Of Children) Discussion (DoC) Part 3

Aug 26, 2013

1. @ophelia Bee-A has always had different hands from the other girls. Her boobs were also sligthtly (very slightly) bigger, because she and Too were portrayed as young teens and the other DoCs were young children. Those two bodies and hand types co-existed at the same time, so they won't help you determine her age, I'm afraid.

My friend and I had Mir and Twing-Key from 05 and they both came with the more childlike body with the chunkier hands.

2. @Yenna thanks, that helps a lot!

3. Hi all.. I haven't been in this hobby for awhile, but a recent dollmeet has gotten be to become more active again! I thought I'd drop into this thread to share a photo of my first boy. :whee:

Please meet my DOC Hoo, Heisa! I got him when I first joined the hobby in 2005 and he is currently on a modded WS MNF girl-to-boy body from 2008. I can't believe that he's already 14 years old. :o
      [​IMG]

4. He's so adorable!! Welcome back and thanks for sharing him!

5. Congrats on your Twingkey, she's adorable! I've always loved that sculpt. I have both a Pitts(chunky hands) and Bee-A(thinner spread finger hands) from 2005, and they are both pre-superpink resin. Your girl looks really good for her age! I wonder if she might be from a bit later when dod changed to the really pink resin? I'm not exactly sure of the timeline for that though, maybe 2007?

6. @ophelia Ah, actually, now that nakitama mentioned it, I looked at your photo more carefully and your Twing Key is definitely from the pink time. Her wrists are structured completely differently from the first DoCs. They didn't have a separate wrist cap like that before; they hardly had any wrist ball at all and the hands were strung with string instead of S hooks. I'm not entirely sure when they changed the hands, but I would also place her around the time Petsha and the new girl body was introduced, so 2007-ish. I definitely never got those hands and I bought DoCs on the old body until 2006.

@kagami Welcome back. I actually remember your Hoo. C: (I think I tried to keep tabs on all DoD owners back then)

7. Thank you both for the welcome back! :D:D

@Yenna oh my goodness! you remember him? that's awesome! i was just looking at your profile and your girl is very familiar too! I remember her being equally striking~:love

8. @nakitama and @Yenna, thanks for the information! I didn't know the resin formula had changed, so that's good to know. Also, I didn't know the hand attachment had changed from strings to S-hooks. She has mellowed maybe ever so slightly, but in color she matches my Angel of Dream Normal Pink resin, from about 2013. So I think it may be safe to say she's not that old, after all, compared to what I was thinking, but instead around 9-12 years old.

@kagami your Hoo is lovely! These old sculpts give me all the nostalgia feels.

9. My friend passed me her DOC Wi recently and I gave him a new face! I'm really starting to like him a lot!

[​IMG]
      by kagami, on Flickr

I wish there were more DoCs around here....

10. Wow! It's been a while since a post was made in this thread.

I got my Leya second-hand many years ago and I always struggled with the fact that she's in the mature body.
      But now my mind has stopped looking at her as a little girl and accepted her body.

So, that's my excuse to share a photo with you :)

(By the way, if anyone knows how to make visible instagram photos, I'd appreciate your help :()

11. Just popping by to give you all the Dream of Doll Archive Dropbox link! I saved everything I could before the website disappeared originally, and I've spent a few months digging through the wayback machine saving as much as I could from the original DOD website (so 2004-2009)! There's quite a lot of DOC stuff added, including pictures I'd never seen and very early limiteds :3nodding:
      I really miss DOD so this is my little way of keeping them around:atremblin (I say like I don't have several of their dolls in my home...)

12. Ooh, that's such a cool resource! Thanks for sharing!

13. Thank you so much for this, @Shido! I have wanted to look at their MSD outfits again so many times for inspiration. :love

14. Thank you!!!

Recently I acquired some DOCs and I wanted to show you my Yen, his name is Daniel:
      [​IMG]

15. @~A*K~ Your Daniel is so cute! It's nice to see some DOC around again

Meanwhile, I don't have many good shot of my Aeafrhod to share. Here's his most recent pic. took on valentine's day :XD:

[​IMG]

16. Hi all,
      For those who is looking for a body for your DoC boy head, here is my Too on True Love body in ns pink

[​IMG]DoC Too hybrid by daissy27, sur Flickr

17. Thank you for the info!! I'll check those bodies, I didn't know true love

18. Your welcome. The neck is slightly bigger than DoC neck hole but it's hardly remarkable and it makes the head movement easy. Personally I like it.

19. Hi everyone!

I just got the DoC Twins second hand and was wondering if there was any way to more or less determine age. They have the resin hooks on their feet, and their hands are tied instead of having metal s-hooks. So pretty sure they are from before DoD switched to metal s-hooks on DoC, but I have no idea of when that was.

They are so old, they don't even have headcap magnets :')

#259 Air, May 15, 2022
      Last edited: May 15, 2022
    20. Oh, congrats! Hm, the best I can guess is pre-2010. My DoC Si was made in 2010 and has s-hooks and magnets. Hopefully someone else can narrow it down further for you :)