1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DreamOfDoll (Dream Of Children) Discussion (DoC) Part 3

Aug 26, 2013

1. parapluie, This is a bit late but I'm happy if I could help! ^^ :aheartbea

Froschschenkel, He's very cute~ I really like his face up! :3

Hera, Your twins are beautiful, and so is your Leya! ^^

ticuk, Ahh, he's so cool! :D I have a soft spot for Us and Kirills, hehe~ I also love the name Kou. *-*

2. @ Mizya : Thank you !! I like name Kou too .. very simple and cool. I also have a spot for Kirill and Petsha. :D

3. [​IMG]

Oh, by the way, here's my little Finn! (DOC Si)
      He's got a factory faceup for now, but one day I hope to give/buy him something a little more interesting u w u;;

(edit: ergh, sorry can't get photo to show up. please pardon my failure to exist)
      (edit again: finally got it working. thanks a lot, yenna!)

4. Everyone has such lovely little DoCs. Makes me want to photograph mine, too, but I need to make them some new clothes first...

parapluie, add http:// before the address and the photo will work. He's really cute. :3

5. Heyy, you guys, I just thought of something!
      Do DOC clothes fit Minifees?
      'cause what fits my Minifee seems to fit my RS boy pretty well <_<

6. @Alchemist's Fire RS and Minifee are both pretty slim. DOC is a little chunkier. I've tried RS clothes on a DOC and it didn't fit, however, going in the reverse could be possible, but the clothes might be kind of big.

7. It makes sense that RS clothes wouldn't fit a DOC, for sure. But I'm curious just howwww big/baggy DOC clothes would be on MNF/RS

Resinsoul also just released a new boy body that isn't quite so slim, so I'm getting curious again xD

8. Can I request some Bee-A spam? ^__^

9. Hi, everybody!

I'm just dropping in to ask a few questions, if that's okay with y'all. I was poking around on the DOD website earlier and I fell totally in love with the DOC Shiny Petsha. Her annoyed expression won my heart and I am definitely considering her for a second doll.

However, I'd like to chat with some owners before I buy. According to photos, it seems like DOC pose really well and look very natural. Is this true? I've also heard that there are some problems with DOD dolls being really fragile and breaking easily. I don't throw my dolls around, of course, but I do move around a lot since I'm in college.

Also, how long does it usually take them to ship orders? And does anyone have some solid measurements for the girl bodies? They didn't list foot size, head size, or height or anything on the doll's page.

Thanks for your help! Everyone's dolls look super adorable!

10. @Hadlais Since you're looking at Petsha I assume you're talking about the new girl body. You might find more accurate measurements on that page.
      I have one of these bodies and I can confirm they do pose pretty well (it can take some finagling, but still).

[​IMG]

I don't feel like they're any more or less fragile than any other BJD, honestly. :/ I have also moved mine back and forth from college a few times, and as long as you keep the doll padded I don't see any problems.

As for shipping time, mine took about a month and a half, but that was a couple years ago.

11. DoCs are superb posers with the newer more jointed bodies. Probably the most flexible msd's I've handled, but they are a bit harder to pose than most, I think. You might be interested in these comparisons I have, especially since you're also in the WD thread. xD

And like megpie252, said I don't think they're any more fragile than other dolls of the size. If they're strung tight, I'd avoid using pencils etc. as stoppers if you're taking them apart or changing parts, because they can bend the resin. But otherwise I haven't had problems with mine. Except for some broken fingers but most dolls break fingers if they fall on them on a stone/wood floor. :P

12. Yenna - Would you believe that your comparisons lead me to check out DOD in the first place? XD I was pretty impressed by the posing ability and I liked the size comparison with the Withdoll girl. I thought it fit pretty well with a character I was imagining. And Shiny Petsha had the perfect face!

Megpie252 - Thanks for the information! I'm glad to hear they're not that fragile. I was looking at other threads that said DOD dolls had inconsistent resin quality and I was a little worried.

13. I thought my boy posed pretty well, but he's my first doll, so I've never really had anything to compare him to...
      I've never been able to get him anywhere near posed like megpie252's petsha up there. Is that just 'cause he's a boy, or could he be strung too tightly?

14. @parapluie I had to pull up on the back joint and the thigh joints to get them to shift a little for that pose. But if you feel like you're having trouble with posing, it doesn't hurt to restring, or suede the joints. :)

15. I have a DoC Yu from 2008, he has dropped on concrete floor from 5 feet up before and walked away without a scratch. He has paled in the last 5.5 years but he's still even all around and he poses like a dream ... when he feels like it.

[​IMG]

I hope that helps some?

EDIT: Here's a photo I took an hour ago.

[​IMG]

16. DoD was the first company that I ordered from and I would say that they are really pretty solid in terms of resin quality. If there happens to be any defects of any sort during shipping, you can always post a photo on their QnA forum or drop them an email and they'll see what they'll be able to do. (They're really nice and friendly when it comes to their responses!)

Posing wise, I can't say much as they're the first company I ordered from. But they come pretty tightly strung and you might wanna restring them for them to pose a little better.

Honestly, I think the waiting times really depend on when you decide to order the doll. If it's during the event period, it might take about 3 months or so. Best to check the waiting rooms for the current duration which you have to wait for your doll to arrive. XD

17. Thank you for the information, everyone! I have another question, if you don't mind!

Where do you guys buy clothes for your DOC? I am most interested in girls' clothes, especially long dresses, but I'm a little stumped about where to look.

18. It really depends to be honest. If you don't mind second-hand, the marketplace here is an option. If all other times, i get the clothes for my girl off taobao.com. some of their clothes there are relatively cheap and lovely at relatively low prices. XD

19. My Lars! (homme kirill ns)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Lars is such a cutie :D