1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dressed for the weather?

Oct 12, 2022

1. As the days go by and the season is getting colder I looked at my girls and suddenly got the urge to dress them cozy and warm.
      I know it's irrational:sweat but it's was just such an innate gut reaction. I guess you could call it an older sibling response.
      Anyway, I've got them bundled up now heh
      Do any of yall get the urge to dress your dolls for the season? Not just for themed photoshoots but in daily shelf life?

2. But of course!
      And then in the spring I feel bad if I'm taking too long to change them back into lighter weight, cooler clothes. ;}

3. Sometimes I don't just dress for the season but I dress them for imagining a season. :XD: for example it's still hot here and it won't be sweater weather until oh December. But I'm pretending it's fall through my doll outfits.

4. Depends of on the doll, and my mood, and if they have extra outfit stuff they fit in. But, yeah I do sometimes change some of my dolls with the seasons.

5. I re-dress my dolls roughly every month, preparing them for the forecasted weather. I'm already feeling Christmas-y though, so I might break those outfits out early... :XD:

6. I do to some degree! Mainly with Taylor, due to her special place and an overall lack of clothes to cover every single one. As irrational at is, I hate the idea of being alone as much as I hate the idea of her being cold and uncomfortable!

#6 ChristinasDream, Oct 12, 2022
      Last edited: Oct 12, 2022
    7. Totally feel you! While at home, my boys usually just wear a t-shirt and a pair of underwear, but as it’s getting colder I decided to buy or make them something more fitting for that weather. I think about making some kind of pajamas for when they’re at home, and for outdoors I started knitting a pair of mittens and a warm hat.

8. I do it sometimes.
      The main hang out area for my main collection is set up as a living room for them. That room is probably heated, so I don't feel they absolutely need warm clothes or even shoes when hanging out there. But I want their clothes to make sense for the setting they are in, so if I do an outdoors thing I will adapt to whatever the weather and season is.
      Normally I don't worry much about real life weather and temerature since their charachters does not live in this world. But there are exceptions.
      I get cold easily and I often keep a doll for company next to my computer. It makes some sort of sense to want to wrap them up warmly when I sit here and feel like a block if ice even with warm clothes and a thick shawl. It's not that they will know any differnce, it's just for my own sake.
      And on the flip side, this summer we had an intense heat wave and that made me ask the question of what my different doll charachters would wear in this situation, considering that some of them are very particular about what they wear and are usually fine with minor discomfort in the name of style, but it was just too hot for even that. This did lead to a few new garments made.

9. Short answer, no.

Long story, longer; I sew all my BJD's clothes, so I rather not create more "work load" for myself. I am not good at sewing, I just prefer to do so. My favorite seasons are fall and winter; I love the colder weather. However, I don't like the struggle it would mean for me to attempt making winter clothes. I also like to keep my BJD nude, wigless in their boxes Inside my closet. So, when it comes down to it, I am just a lazy old fart. (:

10. Here where I live in Arizona, we’re not so much bothered by the cold but by the heat! Our summers last about six months of the year in reality.:sweat The rest of the year is pleasantly quite mild. So I do find myself altering my dolls’ wardrobes to something cooler in the hotter months, mostly because it makes me feel even hotter just looking at them in anything remotely heavy. Fortunately I’ve always collected and sewn wardrobes right along with collecting the dolls themselves. They have plenty of clothes, so it can easily be done.

11. My ultimate goal is to have a summer outfit and winter outfit for all of my dolls. The ultimate/ultimate is four seasons of outfits. I need to stop buying dolls first though, if this is to be at all possible.

I should add that this is modern outfits for my dolls and some of them are going to have fantasy outfits as well.

12. I rotate outfits by size as well as weather. For my YoSDs and Minis, it's easier to dress them seasonally. My bigguns are really heavy so I'm less motivated to change their outfits often. I try to change the bigguns when I'm bored of looking at what they're wearing. I also like to feel inspired by what I'm looking at, so I'll sometimes put dolls in outfits that are the vibe I'm looking for. It's all very personal

13. I am just like that! ^____^; I've already started dressing up my gang in autumn-y fashions! I'm mostly making sure that they all wear longsleeves xD And I love dressing them in layered looks with jackets, vests and coats ♡

14. I used to change their clothes more often but now I have so many that getting to all of them to change their clothes is a bit of a chore. I also in a funk of sorts - I still love my dolls but I have let a lot of my hobbies slide.

15. I definitely feel this. I have a couple of small stuffed animals that live in my car, which gets COLD in the winter. I felt really bad for one of them, so he actually has a little jacket he wears when he rides in the back in the winter, haha.

It's not as important with my dolls because they all "sleep" in their boxes, so I assume they'd be "warm" there, like in a bed. With the boxes I'm usually more concerned that they're not wearing anything dark that can stain them, just in case I get into another one of my moods where I don't take them out for months at a time. But if I were to take them out for a photo shoot or a doll meet, I don't think I'd be able to mentally handle having a doll in a summer outfit out in the middle of winter. They'd look cold. And I hate cold. ><

16. I definitely dress mine for the season! I can't have my girls in strappy sun dresses when there's snow on the ground! :D

17. I totally dress my dolls depending on the season lol. I think it makes sense, especially from a photographer point of view! You can do season-specific photoshoots and it's really fun. So my dolls wear a lot of sweaters in colder months, and regular clothes outside of that.

18. Yup! It sounds weird, but it helps me deal with the weather changes (especially hot weather as I'm prone to heat exhaustion) to see them dressed for the weather. It doesn't have a physiological effect as much as a psychological one... I guess it makes me feel like we're all dealing with the crappy weather together.

19. I get the urge to but, with over 50 BJD plus a house full of other types of doll, I seldom get aorund to doing it.

Teddy

20. I have some non-BJD dolls that I dress for the season or Holiday, but they're super easy to move around and dont need a lot of fussing to get them posed. And I love dressing my avatars in some games dress to match the weather or my mood, because that's what they're there for right?

The BJD's on the other hand.. Except for one of them, I don't feel the need for seasonal changes. Half because the styles are mostly year-round casual-wear anyways, and because the idea of constantly fighting to get them re-posed and their wigs laying correctly makes my eye twitch. The one exception is my 'teenager' who is usually in a t-shirt, and I'm not trying to find a coat or sweater to keep him warm as the air gets chillier :lol: