1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dressing tinies.....

Apr 2, 2009

1. Darn, I wish I had the tiny hands I once had when dressing my Barbie dolls! Does anyone have any tips for dressing these little ones? Especially doing tiny ribbons, buttons and bows. I tried using a crochet hook to help me tie tiny ribbons, but with limited success.

2. Tiny bows are a real challenge but for tiny buttons I use hemostats, which are those forcep type things which I got on ebay. They are great for helping with all things that you need extra small hands for. Also they're great for restringing as you can lock them closed.
      Hugs
      Sharon in Spainxx
      PS I love your avatar, I used to have two Yellow Thighed Caiques.

3. I am with you there Sharon, I use my haemostats for every thing they are like a tiny pair of fingers, xx

4. Dressing tinies--you need
      patience
      hemostats or tweezers

and I press everything with my iron to make nice, sharp folds--and you cannot avoid hand stitching, altho I use my machine for most of it. Here are my latest Puki dresses;

[​IMG]

5. I briefly used tweezers after mimistuff recommended it, but found I seldom remembered to carry them with me, so reverted to my previous practice of using the tips of my fingernails to fasten and unfasten those teeny-tiny buttons.

Bows, well I just try to make every stage as small as my fingers can make it (longer-than necessary ribbons/ties help) and then snug the bow up smaller once it's actually tied as small as I can tie it (holding the knot ubder/between fingertips so it doens't loosen in the process often helps)

Teddy

6. I followed mimistuff's advice and use hemostats and loads of patience too :)

7. I'm lucky because Kai (AoD Guaiguai) is not as tiny as many tinies are. But when I have difficulty with little bows and things then I either use tweezers or sometimes (strangely) chopsticks! I'm very deft with them and found they work really well :3

8. Those are good suggestions! With the bows, I made the loop with my finger and then tried to pull it through the hole with a crochet hook. I think with a little more practice it will help for that. But for the buttons and things, the tweezers and haemostats sound great. I'll have to try the chopsticks! I wonder if a tiny pair of pliers might help hold open wrist cuffs, etc. I'll have to experiment.

9. My hands are tiny and my fingers are long...but modifying your clothes is another thing you can do. Spampy is making me special adaptive Puki clothes :D

10. I just got shoes for my Roxy Lucy with straps that close with one of the tiniest little pearl beads I've ever seen, and a buttonhole sized for same. I looked at that closure, looked at my fingers, considered my patience level, and then snipped the stitch holding the beads, glued the beads to the straps, and velcro'd the damn things. ;D

11. I have really long thin fingers, and longer nails, so I don't have much trouble dressing them. But my mom does - whenever she has to tie something on one of their outfits, she just has me do it! lol But it's not the easiest thing to do, even for me, so I wish you all luck! There are some really good suggestions here so far...