1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

During this quarantine what have you realized about your dolls?

Mar 29, 2020

1. i was gonna leave the hobby for good, but now that i am at home a lot more and graduated college, i can be around them more and i realized that i dont have to leave after all! ive been making or rewriting the characters that they represent, and am starting to cycle out all my old stuff from the old characters by selling them and making money to get new stuff for them. its been a mess for a while but i am glad i found a way to stay in touch with the hobby that i used to love so much back in the day ;__;

2. I need to do a massive character overhaul. But... I'm at least working on it! xD

3. I realized I really need to downsize. I say, as I still have plenty of dolls in waiting lol. But I really think I've grown out of love with some dolls... so it's time to purge them from the group. Some dolls I don't think I love as much as I used to, especially my first doll, but I just cannot get rid of them. They hold a special place in my heart.

4. I realized that I really like them! The Covid lockdown coincided with me doing a major clean-out of my BJD closet, and my dog tearing her ACL clear through and needing 12 weeks of down-time away from my other dogs. I left my home, husband, son and 2 other dogs to go into lockdown at my studio with my hurt and laid out dog. I own a small business so for 12 weeks, I was paying my staff to be off while living inside a bubble with my dog. I hadn't really done anything with my BJDs for a couple of years, but while cleaning things out, listing things for sale and actually having time to play, I realized that I really like them and I miss playing! Now I'm revamping my collection, have added a few and am selling a few. Have bought and sold some clothes and am freshening everything up overall. I've noticed some posts recently from several people who dropped out of the hobby for a couple of years and are back. Having time to play makes a difference!

5. I apparently really like making yarn wigs. It started with me just wanting to experiment a little with making an extra long/fancy braided one for my very first 1/3 size boy, branched into self-indulgent multicolored/patterned messes, and now I've begun making them for my roomie's dolls because all of mine are set. Probably a good thing I don't know anyone else much IRL or else they'd be dragged into this too, haha.

6. Similar to Homucci, I realised how much I love my beautiful collection. I've sold a few pieces I knew I wasn't going to keep, but I keep finding characters in them I didn't even know were there! I'd been so busy in the last few years and moved cross-country even, leaving my dolls at home. It'd been almost 4 years since I'd even looked at any of them... and then slowly my interest came back, and I started to make things for a girl I'd never made anything for since I got her - she's one of my oldest dolls, and seeing her come back to life, and accepting that I love this hobby and these dolls really made an enourmous difference. Quarentine has really helped me realise how much I love my BJDs.

7. Quarantine has made me realize how thankful I am for my dolls! They keep my mind occupied with making eyes, wigs, and clothes.

8. I guess I realized I needed to spoil them more? :XD: I've been working and getting bonuses through it all, so I ended up not only ordering a few, but also getting one of them a professional face-up, ordering a bunch of clothes, joining a group order for some wigs... :sweat I mean, hey, I'm not spending the money at restaurants or buying much else for myself right now. Once bills are paid and savings has been fed the rest is fair game.

9. The American Civil War storyline and cosplay's has played itself out and I have to go down a different angle... I mean I still gotta stick to history because I'm a history nerd.

10. I only have 1 complete BJD and I realized that I’m not really bonding with his outfit and want to switch it up, which is hard when you only own one outfit...

11. Quarantine has made me realize that a lot of people want to shell their dolls, but nobody wants to buy them. Before the quarantine, I someone purchased it within a few hours after posting on the BJD sales groups. After COVID, nobody has responded to my listings on the FB BJD sales groups, which is understandable in a pandemic (but unfortunate for me lol)

12. Try listing on insta. I’ve sold a heck of a lot of dolls since quarantine on there!

13. Thank you! I just started up my BJD instagram, I uploaded a listing last week but the one person who messaged me eventually stopped :...( Hopefully I can get accepted into the DoA Marketplace soon!!! I'll also try uploading more photos to the insta so I look a bit more credible lol ,nobody wants to buy from a new account with hardly any posts. Also understandable :kitty1

14. I’ve realized that with unlimited free time I seem to think I also have unlimited money for doll stuff. Fun fact.. unlimited time does not actually equal unlimited money. Haha

15. There clothes and stuff are a mess like nothing is organized I’m thinking of getting a new cabinet where I can store everything neatly

16. That I’m very happy with my collection and have been able to specifically decide on future dolls I want!

17. I realized that I hadn’t touched my dolls in two years. Also realized that I could display them on my shelf :)