1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

E.I.D head on an S.I.D body (Iplehouse)

Oct 17, 2010

1. Can you put an Iplehouse EID head on an SID body?
      How different would the proportions be? (Would the head be too "bobble-head-like")

Thanks, would love to know. :)

2. People have asked this of Iplehouse, and the answer they get tends to be that it works with the female sculpts -- which is why they've sold the EID female heads on SID female bodies in some cases directly already -- but not with the males. You can see some of the female heads on alternating bodies in Iple's gallery. :)

3. Thanks very much! It's a shame that the EID male head is too big on an SID body. ^^

4. If you're wanting to put an EID head on the SID body, and the proportions don't bother you, have you considered trying Apoxie Sculpt to fill in the neck hole? Apologies if that's old news :)

But I thought I'd offer the suggestion, as that is what I will probably be doing... I am going to put a Luo head onto an SID body...

5. I would love to see it when you're done with the apoxie sculpt! 8D Then I'll strongly consider doing the same.
      Thank you very much for the suggestion. :)

6. You're welcome! It'll be a few months before the pieces get here, but you can rest assured I will be posting pictures of him when I do finally have him home!

7. Oh no problem. ^^ Just post somes pictures when he's all done and ready. Best of luck!

8. I actually think the EID women is also look a bit big on SID women body? anyone feel the same as me. If you see the picture comparison between EID women and SID women on their gallery (page 53 I think??) the EID body is bigger in proportion, so how come it can fit a smaller body like SID. Anyway I would love to have Carina head on SID body :) :P

9. I do agree... I wish Iplehouse made the proportions not too far off so we could put them on SID bodies... I want Tedros on and SID body... I don't think that's going to happen. ^^
      And Might I say, Carina is beautiful.

10. Hi from Marrickville to Littlegreythings!

Your Favorite Regret : I love Tedros face as well, but I think his head will be huge on SID men body (a bit Manga looking though lol) I just got good news from IH my Jessica is on her way home :) just 27 working day, I am surprise indeed (after heard so much bad stuffs about IH, so I hope my Jessica will be correctly made as I ordered) as much I love Carina face, but I still feel that her face still so similar to Jessica just a bit more smile, I have to think again about SID women, not sure what head to put ???

11. You're not the only ones who are frustrated by this! I really want Bichun for one of my characters, but the character is supposed to be very short (I want a 58cm body for him), and there's no way I can get an EID male head to work on even the 65cm SID male body, much less a smaller one!

12. Oh Jessica is lovely, I hope you enjoy your girl when she gets there. :) And you're definatly right, sometimes I have the hardest time picking who to go with!

13. Oh I completely understand. I character I want Tedros to be, is suppost to be shorter as well. Putting him on the SID body though won't work, which is really quite depressing. =_=
      Trying to put him on a body even smaller then the SID body, would need a LOAD of scultping customization... I don't even know if it's possible even AFTER trying to sculpt it. ^^ I wish Iplehouse had some special order where they would sculpt it to work with smaller bodies... That's most likely impossible, but you can still wish right? :)

14. I hold out hope...after all, they've released a JID version of Asa...

15. Are there any pictures of the gap under the chin with the EID head on the SID body?
      I'd love Luo as a SID!

16. I haven't found any good ones yet, but when I do I'll post them (:

As for the JID Asa, HORRAY! It's a start. However, I think IH needs major improvements done with their Y.I.Ds.

17. Jacobean, I've got a Luo head on the way, and he's going to reside on my SID body, so when he gets here I'll post pics :)

18. Great, thanks guys. :abow:

The neck hole can always be filled if it's bothersome.

19. Any more new photos for this thread? My Tedros head looks small to me, even on his model body, maybe because he has a rather narrow jaw, compared to some of the other EID guys. I think he would look ok on a smaller body. I wish Iplehouse would have a body sale again.