1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Elfdoll Feedback (ALL)

Sep 20, 2007

1. Update 4-8-10: Oka finally responded that she finally located my payment. My account now shows paid in full. I am very very relieved.

I put a Soah on layaway last November. I sent the first two payments and they were placed on my order page. I sent the third and final (large) payment on February 4th. It has never shown up on my account status page. I have verified, through Paypal, that the transaction was completed. I have attempted every means of communication I can think of to find out why the payment was not acknowledged. I finally got a response by posting a query on the layaway board. Oka claims to be unable to find record of the payment. I have since provided the transaction number and a copy of the page from Paypal showing the money went to the correct account and the transaction was completed. I have not had further responses to my emails. I am very unhappy with this situation as more than two months have passed and I have now paid for the doll in full and cannot get this acknowledged. Even if I ever get this transaction resolved I will never purchase from Elfdoll again.

2. Just a quick note... I ordered a Pink w/faceup toward the end of the ordering period, and there was a Paygate issue. By the time I solved it, it was just a few hours over the end of the order period. I noticed that my order never got *confirmed* and wrote to Oka. She never responded, but I DID get my doll, and I love her!! I am a big fan of Elfdoll, and I would certainly order from them again.

3. * What did you order?
      12 rainy heads
      * When did you order?
      11 - 12 - 2009 (finished layaway at February)
      * How was the communication?
      absolutely perfect , helpful & very kind!!
      * How easy was it to pay?
      it was a layaway and it was very easy , I used paypal
      * How long did it take to ship?
      It shipped 25- 2- 2010 and it was here after some days
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      .Yes I believe,& there were many gifts also : 4 pig Alice key chains & a wig ,plus the free shipping and all heads arrived with head stands so 12 head stands came as well with the heads(and came assembled with the heads),
      .... although alas the resin is not my style ,different in view and feel from resin of my taste (inside & outside).. different resin type from the type I prefer & also a bit too polished for my taste, something I can't see fit/work with my collection.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      yes it was the same (only resin was a bit more pink in person -normal resin- but this might be fault of my monitor) !!
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      I am very satisfied with elfdoll but I'm not with myself , I think I should have made a better research before purchased them. It's simply not my type of resin.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      -
      * Would you order from this company again?
      I don't know, if I like something yes I'm satisfied with elfdoll but the resin is not my style so for myself I don't think so. ... although I could definitely suggest them to/or place an order for friends who might like this type/feel of resin or -as they talked about bisque creations too in their site- bisque ,but not for myself.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      same as above, plus they have to be in a good condition

4. *What did you order?
      Catsy Siamese girl

* When did you order?
      April 1, 2010

Fine - I didn't have any questions, and I received a tracking number when shipped.

Easy - I used Paypal.

A little over a month. She shipped on May 6th, 2010, and arrived on May 8th, 2010.

Yes, I love her. She's quite small, but I knew her measurements when I bought her.

Yes

Yes, absolutely.

N/A

Yes

Yes

5. * What did you order?
      elfdoll Hazy and Vivien

* When did you order?
      2010-05-27

Good, They inform me through mail

Very Easy Paypal

Well 2010-05-27 ---> 2010-06-11
      It arrived today ^^

Well yes

I hope ^^

Yes

-------

Yes I am. I will order two more doll head's =)

It depend's =)

6. * What did you order?
      Hazy Special, extra hands and bits, boy body, Won special
      * When did you order?
      several times over the last 2 years
      fine
      Very
      The hands were in stock and sent immediately. Hazt shipped when they said, the body shipped when they said and Won is still in progress.

always better than the price.

yes

utterly

n/a

have done

have done :)

7. * What did you order?
      A blank reminisce K head!

* When did you order?
      24 May 2010.

It was perfect. Oka replied my questions within 3 days and was very polite.

Very easy!

Around 2 weeks.

Definitely, even though the resin was somewhat shiny, but some light magic-sponging and MSC took care of that!
      I even got a headstand that came assembled with the head and I didn't even have to pay for it.

Very much so. I didn't know he had lip lines carved in, though! :D

Yes! Even though the first time they shipped the package out, I got a reminisce Aden head instead of a reminisce K head.

I immediately contacted Elfdoll and Oka assured me that my K head would be shipped as soon as they're ready.
      The next week, he was here already! Oka didn't mention anything about the Aden head so I guess I got to keep it? :lol:

Most definitely! They are very polite and helpful people. :)

It depends, but I prefer buying their products first-hand. ^^

8. * What did you order?
      A Tiny Elfdoll Jin

* When did you order?
      1st August 2010

Very good, my Q&A were always answered within a couple of days

Easy, by paypal

She arrived on the 30th September 2010. Elfdoll had moved offices during my order period so she took slightly longer than normal. The only problem I had was the tracking number Elfdoll gave me never worked and the doll just arrived which was a nice surprise!

Yes, very happy with quality

Yes, although they sent the default 'Bong' wig rather than 'Jin' wig which I already have

Yes

N/A

Definitely, this is my second order with Elfdoll and both experiences were good ones

Yes

9. * What did you order?

Elfdoll Dami in normal skin with Yumi faceplate, both without face-up.

* When did you order?

I started layaway on 9/07/10. I paid it off on total 10/18.

Satisfactory. My questions were always answered in a timely manner.

Yes, very easy to send payments using Paypal. It's also nice that Elfdoll allows you to set your own layaway plan. I've never heard of a company that allowed up to 12 months layaway.

15 days after I paid off the total, I received my order!

Yes, most definitely! Beautifully sculpted, very nice resin.

Yes.

I'm very happy with my Yumi/Dami. Elfdoll also included a cute "underwear" set for her to wear. :)

Sure!

Yes, if they were in good condition.

10. * What did you order? Oasisdoll Natalie head (blank), male hands, male fists, male wrists
      * When did you order? October 8, 2010
      * How was the communication? A bit slow on the Q&A board, but I think Oka was in the middle of moving overseas?
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy via Paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship? About 5 weeks, I got a shipping notice November 15.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, the quality is high and price was about average for a new, blank, unlimited head.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes, but...
      AFTER I got a tracking number and shipping notice, I received a refund for the hand parts in my order and a message saying they were out of stock. They were not listed as such at any time between me placing the order or receiving the order, nor are they listed as out of stock at time of writing this, so I am a little miffed about that and not sure what's going on there. I have not contacted the company about this, perhaps I will place another order at another time and hopefully receive the hands.
      * Would you order from this company again? Not sure, probably Yes.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes.

11. * What did you order? The new high heeled feet
      * When did you order? Nov. 2010
      * How was the communication? I had to raise a fuss to get a response
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy
      * How long did it take to ship? It was here very quickly in about 3 days.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Elfdoll has no quality control. The resin was supposed to be REAL, but was actually NORMAL. Oka said that the feet were REAL, but she also told me that the Elfdoll feet that come with shoes attached only come in NORMAL skin. The feet I received were the same color as the feet with shoes I bought last year.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes, but my Hazy has white feet that need to be covered in tights.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? No, the color was so off that I asked to return them. Oka said it was my problem. I raised a stink, posting complaints all over their website. Oka gave me a refund. The feet cost well over $30 US after shipping.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? Yes, after I raised a stink. Too bad, this sort of behavior will not help the company.
      * Would you order from this company again? No.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? I will only buy Elfdolls second hand.

12. Just wanted to say how wonderful Elfdoll are, I bought my Hazy head first then her body at a later date, they are a great company to buy from and I hope to buy another one soon :)

13. * What did you order?
      A Lovely Doll body
      * When did you order?
      In October, 2010
      Outstanding. When I explained that I wanted the body to go with me extra faceplate from the Twiggy Yumi, Elfdoll not only included the back of the head, but offered to do the same body color as I had.
      simple, Paypal
      for my custom skin tone, two months
      Yes
      Yes
      Very much so.
      N/A
      Already have ordered multiple times.
      Already have.

14. * What did you order? Lovely Dami
      * When did you order? September 2010
      * How was the communication? Good, could have been a bit faster though.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very Easy
      * How long did it take to ship? 45 days after my last layaway payment
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes

15. *What did you order?
      Elfdoll Dami doll, Dami Dreaming FP, and Wu Head

* When did you order?
      Sept. 2010

Great, fast.

Easy, PayPal.

Paid via layaway, after I paid in full my items shipped only a few weeks after, I was surprised it was so quick.

The sculpts are wonderful, but the Dami Face-plates are a different color resin than the body!!! They totally don't match!
      Edit: see below update!

Yes. Aside from the different resins. Edit: see below update!

No. How can they ship a doll that has resin parts that don't match? Edit: see below update!

Still working on that.
      EDIT: Elfdoll requested pictures of the mismatched resins, which I sent only pictures of the OE face-plate (silly I know). They then refunded me $70 AND informed me that the face-plates are out of stock but once new ones are made it will be shipped to me. I hope I can get both face-plates replaced; I don't see why not. I am thoroughly impressed!

To be honest the sculpts are so wonderful - but knowing that the resin might not match? Geh, I don't know. (please see above edit)

Yes.

EDIT: Elfdoll is AMAZING!!!!!

16. * What did you order?
      Lovely Yumi
      * When did you order?
      Feb.11, 2011
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      Directly
      Fine
      Easy, through Paypal
      Received March 12, so only one month
      Very much so
      Even better
      Absolutely
      There were no problems
      Yes, I'm a repeat customer
      Yes

17. * What did you order? Eun-a
      * When did you order? Jan.11, 2011
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Directly
      * How was the communication? Very good. I had an internet problem just as the payment was sent, so I contacted them on their Q&A to make sure the payment went through. They answered in a prompt and friendly way.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy
      * How long did it take to ship? Delivered March 25, so 6 weeks
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? I was blown away by the quality. The faceup was beautiful, resin nice, seams sanded, the body very solid and good posing.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Better!
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes!
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? There were no problems.
      * Would you order from this company again? Definitely. Already planning my next order.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes.

18. What did you order?
      Lovely Amy.

* When did you order?
      January 2nd 2011

Great.

Easy with PayPal.

Shipped on 22th of February, arrived about 2 weeks later (due to customs delay).

Yes, the quality is great!

Yes.

Very.

Yes, I am planning to.

Yes, depends on the condition of the item.

19. What did you order?
      Eun-a in girl skin with faceup #3
      * When did you order?
      May 30, 2011
      Not sure - I had a problem and I couldn't access the answer, so I sent another question and did get answer. They requested a pic of the problem, which I sent and have not received an answer to that yet.
      Easy
      Shipped on June 16th, so very quick. SORRY THIS SHOULD HAVE SAID JUNE 16TH.
      Yes
      No - they sent me the wrong faceup, so she didn't look like what I ordered and I have seen owner pictures of her on DOA, so I know what she is supposed to look like.
      Not so much right now.
      Not sure - depends how or if they solve this problem
      Yes, probably

Edit: Well, Elfdoll really came through. I got a reply stating that they were going to replace the head with one with the proper faceup on June 27th. I was really pleased about that. But I was even more happy when the new head arrived the same week as I was told they were going to send it. I'm really happy with their decision and finally have the girl that I ordered completed on June 30th. So even with the problem, that wait was still only 1 month. Excellent.

20. Okay! Here goes nuthin'.

What did you order?
      Rainydoll Wu head.

When did you order?
      5/29/11.

Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      Directly from the company~

How was the communication?
      I was always informed. Had smooth transaction; basic communication was perfect.

How easy was it to pay?
      Paypal - a baby could do it.

How long did it take to ship?
      6/21/11 - Just over three weeks

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      YES!
      Although, I have a small problem with head magnets that keep coming out. The glue probably came out when I washed the head to do his faceup. Otherwise no problems with it at all.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yep. Even better!

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Absolutely.

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      -

Would you order from this company again?
      Yes!

Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      I would.

Overall, Elfdoll is a breeze to work with. I highly recommend their business~