1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Elfdoll Feedback (ALL)

Sep 20, 2007

1. * What did you order?
      Tinydoll Kai, outfit, eyes

* When did you order?
      June 5, 2011

* How was the communication?
      Not very good. It takes a while for them to respond to anything

* How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy via Paypal

* How long did it take to ship?
      Finished my final layaway payment on Aug 31, 2011 and heard nothing from them about it for 3 weeks. After numerous attempts of contacting them, my Kai was finally shipped and arrived on Sept 30, 2011. (more details below)

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      This is complicated. I expected the complete package at $270 and in the end got a $240 doll. (more details below)

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Sorta. Didn't get everything I was expecting from the package.

* Were you satisfied with the product?
      I'm satisfied with the doll as it is. She is very beautifully made. I'm not too happy with the process.

This order didn't come without problems. During my layaway, they changed the package items of the doll to only include the doll only without the wig and the outfit. The price of the package was dropped to $240 as a result, but I was still charged the original $270 for just the doll only. In addition, they did not include the outfit I ordered, but stuck in two free gifts, probably as a substitute. I do appreciate the gifts, but I would have preferred that they let me know about the outfit being out of stock instead of assuming that a free gift would be enough (I really wanted that outfit). I get that things change and I can totally understand the mishap with the price and package changing for the TinyDolls, but it's still disappointing nonetheless.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      I contacted them about the missing items and the extra charge and they responded in 4 days and "refunded" me for the missing items (by sending the money through PayPal as a separate transaction, and not an actual refund, so I was charged $2.50 in transaction fees for the "refund" by PayPal. Not a big deal, but kind of like throwing salt in the wound). It's not a perfectly resolved situation, and I'm not 100% happy, but at least it was resolved.

* Would you order from this company again?
      Definitely not via layaway ever. Maybe as a single order, but I wouldn't be able to afford huge lump sums sadly.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Yes, if it's a good enough deal.

2. * What did you order?
      Three blank Rainy girl heads from the end-of-year "yellowed stock" sale.

* When did you order?
      November 26, 2011

Good. Received emails to confirm the order and to notify of shipping. (Emails did end up in my spam box, but that's the fault of my email service, not Elfdoll).

Very easy, Paypal.

Shipped on December 5th.

Very much so, considering that the end-of-year sale had very low prices.

Yes.

Yes. The dolls are beautiful, and if they are yellowed, it is only a very little. I do not have any other new Elfdoll resin to compare them to, but they are not noticeably yellowed in any way.

n/a

Yes.

Yes.

3. * What did you order?
      A Soah on Pinup body, plus three heads and some extra hands and feet.

* When did you order?
      October 5th, 2011

Good enough, received email confirmation of everything and generally got answers from the Q&A board within 3 to 5 days.

Very easy, Paypal.

Shipped on December 5th.

Definitely. Soah is very loosely strung which was likely to protect her in transit. All three heads come very very close to matching the body. (Resin mismatching happens pretty often with Elfdoll from what I've heard.) Two of the heads were from the "yellowed" sale and they are both perfect.

Yes.

Definitely. The resin was extremely shiny but that's not really an issue. No seamlines whatsoever, anywhere.

n/a

Definitely.

Yes.

4. * What did you order?
      Won, Aden, Hazy and Lydia heads on their closeout event.

* When did you order?
      Nov. 26, 2011

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      Directly.

Very good. Elfdoll doesn't mail out shipping notifications, but the site updated promptly, and they were quick to answer a question I posted on the Q&A.

Very easy through Paypal.

Received Dec. 9, 2011, so two weeks.

Very much so! Although Elfdoll was selling these heads as "yellowed stock", they seem to be in perfect condition with no yellowing.

Yes.

Yes, very happy with the heads and service.

N/A

Definitely.

Yes.

5. FINAL EDIT, 1-26-2012

I ~ L O V E~ Elfdoll. Their dolls, their people, and their service.
      Mine is a very happy ending story. Got my LovelyDoll with her two faces today. She was my second winter order just a few days after a huge order and their stories were tied together so I'm posting it here.

Everything perfect and little extras on top.

* What did you order?

1st order was over $1,200 = a LOT of stuff! During the year end sale

2nd order was $412.92 = Lovely doll with Yumi and Dami faces

* When did you order?
      November 27,2011 ...
      ...and again on December 28, 2011

I am becoming concerned. I reported the missing items immediately-- when first order was received. My email was on Dec. 24, and answer was timely...received on Dec. 26 -- BUT IT WAS NO HELP. I received this response: "Okay, I'll check with the production team. Hugs, Oka

I've written about this several more times with no answers. Quick response to my second order, but completely ignored my questions about the first order.

Paypal.

First order was quick enough, but NOT COMPLETE. :(

Some of it was from the "yellowed" sale, but they are OK.

Yes.

Definitely. I JUST WANT THE REST OF WHAT I PAID FOR.

They refunded money [$35] for one head that was missing,
      but these other more expensive items are being ignored. Missing items equal about $350.

I know they are busy.
      ***--> I just need a message FROM them saying ~
      that {we're swamped...whatever...} and that they will get to me when they can <--
      I would feel better. Being ignored, after their one response message that did not apologize or confirm anything about my missing items has caused me some worry,,,

Right now, doubtful, even though I am a "GOLD MEMBER" with them.
      I HOPE to order from them again, but it depends on how this all works out.
      I WILL EDIT WHEN I HAVE MORE INFO FOR HOW IT IS SETTLED.

Yes. Beautiful dolls. I am more disappointed at the prospect that I will never receive the dolls that I haven't gotten, than losing the money. Though I wish I had the money if the dolls are gone. There are other GREAT Doll Companies.

2011 was my first year as a collector of BJD. Maybe I am over reacting? It concerns me that the Elfdoll site shows every last thing as sold out, currently. Maybe they are just catching up with that year end grand sale. Should I relax and trust they are going to get to me?

I checked out this thread before sending my second order for the Lovely Dolls. No complaints or concerns were being expressed. So, I'm not sure how to react.

EDIT ON 1/13/2012
      I heard from them. There has been a long Korean holiday. I did begin a Paypal complaint process because my time [45 day limit to bring up an issue] is almost over.
      I hope I will receive missing items soon. Sounds like they did a thorough check through the huge order I made and have collected all items missing. I was sad to start a formal process and I will be very happy if all can be smoothed out in the end. I did miss some notes from them, evidently, which might have kept me from filing the incomplete shipment complaint with Paypal.

But still, in 2 days I would not have had the opportunity to bring that pressure to get everything settled. And I don't have the dolls yet, just a promise they are on the way. Plus calming words from Oka which I appreciated. I still don't know if I over-reacted, but I can {and will} set everything right for them if I did.

EDIT: By 1/18/12 ~ All is well. They had a long holiday which was why I was not getting answers back to my messages. And that caused my alarm. They were exceptionally precise with getting every item to me. That was a very complicated order of well over $1,000 and lots of small things as well as full dolls. Any item they could not send to me in perfect condition they refunded the money. They also sent some nice gifts of apology. I was getting somewhat harsh toward the end, so that was extra kind and polite of them.

*****I will definitely buy from them again!! I already have a LovelyDoll with Yumi and Dami faces on order.

R E L I A B L E ~ C O M P A N Y in my opinion. ~Already knew they have beautiful sculpts.
      Looking forward to seeing what they will show us in March 2012.

6. * What did you order?

A Rainy Yuan on Pinup body. (Normal Skin w/Faceup No2)

* When did you order?
      November 24th, 2011

By the time it was all said and done with, the first Q&A message was responded to fairly quickly. The last 6 took them a 2-5 days to respond to. Most of the answers / information I received was very vague or contradictory.

Very easy, Paypal.

Honestly I have no idea, they told me she was shipped at three different time for three different reasons of waiting.

Yes, she is a marvelous doll! I'm not unhappy with the product at all. The only thing I will do is sued her neck some and restring her. (Restringing seems very popular with the Elfdoll bodies I've noticed).

Yes.

Yes I'm very pleased with the doll itself.

The part I wasn't satisfied with was not the product, but the service.

Nope.

Sure?

* Other comments?
      I had major issues getting a straight answer and at points I was lied to. Possibly not intentionally, but none the less it was done. I given three different shipping dates, earliest being Dec 15th 2011 - I received my doll January 6th, 2012. They told me the first ship date failure was due to a refund of hands that were duplicated in ordering (I wasn't sure if fist hands came with or not). Which was fine, but near January 1st I received a notification from them saying they had to refund me for the lipstick hands because they were no longer in stock - she had already been shipped - so they waited to tell me this, I didn't get the hands I ordered, and obviously refunds don't stop them from shipping dolls out so why did they tell me that the first time around?! -
      Long Rant Short I went through many contradictory messages and some that were ignored, I had some that said they would 'quickly check' for the answer and then never got back to me...
      I do realize that I ordered my BJD near the Holidays, which is fine. I understand a company getting backed up, my issue was that they told me a certain date that they did not meet... three different times. Don't lie and tell me this when I'd be fine if you just told me that you were backed up.

7. What did you order?
      Lovely Dami O/E

When did you order?

27th of January, 2011

How was the communication?
      Awful. It took them two months to send out my item, and I only heard from them once. It was sent back to them because of soe problems with my post office and they never sent it back to me. I wrote them a lot, and they said they would check with the production team, but I never heard anything from them, they said the same when I wrote them last week, a YEAR after I ordered my Dami, and I haven't heard from them yet. So I never received her OR my money back.

How easy was it to pay?
      Easy, paypal.

How long did it take to ship?

Two months, and after she was sent back, one year, and still waiting!

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      N/A

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      N/A

Were you satisfied with the product?

N/A

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?

N/A

8. What did you order?
      Several items of Lovelydoll and Rainydoll clothing and shoes. There was no indication on Elfdoll's site of any lengthy wait time for the clothing and shoes. I would have expected to wait for a doll, but based on my experience with other companies, I thought this order of small items would probably be processed and shipped within a few weeks (if not sooner).

When did you order?
      Early February, 2012 (the order was eventually cancelled, so I don't have the exact date any more)

Appalling. Elfdoll never acknowledged receiving my order, never updated my order status on the site, and never replied to my Q&A board message until I opened a Paypal dispute just before the 45-day deadline.

About a week after I opened the dispute (~55 days after my order and payment), Elfdoll did finally reply to me through the Q&A board. The reply still didn't acknowledge that Elfdoll had my money, even though I had Paypal's proof that the payment was completed. It seemed strange to me that Elfdoll hadn't cancelled my order for non-payment, if for some reason they truly didn't notice that my payment arrived (even though I DID include the order number with the payment). Instead, it seemed that Elfdoll took the money but ignored the order . . . then acted as if they didn't know they had the money OR the order. At the point all of this crystallized in my mind (about ten days after I opened the Paypal dispute, or nearly 70 days after my original order and payment), I decided to cancel my order instead of waiting or arguing. Elfdoll eventually refunded my payment, after several more days' delay.

How easy was it to pay?
      Easy by Paypal.

Never shipped. I cancelled the order after nine weeks.

N/A

N/A

N/A

Elfdoll did refund my payment in the end, after I opened a Paypal dispute.

This was my first attempt at ordering from Elfdoll (after all these years!), and I was disappointed that such a well-established dollmaker would be so unresponsive and unreliable to deal with. I had always admired Elfdoll's work, and looked forward to ordering from the company someday, but . . . I don't think I'll try it again.

9. * What did you order?
      [Rainy] Yuan head in Normal Skin

* When did you order?
      May, 27, 2012

Directly from the company.

I didn't receive an order conformation, which I would have liked to have. The order information is listed in the account information and most people seem to post in the FAQ section to get extra verification which I did and got a reply. I received an email telling me it had shipped, though.

Easy, I used paypal. However, because of the lack of conformation email or even an informal invoice, it seemed a little weird. Posting in their FAQ section and receiving a quick answer alleviated most of my worry.

I got the shipping conformation email on June 11th, and the package arrived June 15th. Much faster than I had ever expected!

Yes. $100 plus shipping is pretty reasonable, and while there is some thinness in the resin, overall the head looks great!

Yep!

Like I mentioned before, there is some thinness. The eye wells seem a little thin, and the left side of the mouth is thin as well, but nothing I'm overly concerned about.
      Of course you want what you buy to be 100% perfect, and when its not its a little disappointing, but its not anything that would lead me to be dissatisfied.

N/A

If the occasion arose, sure. But it depends more on their products and less on their customer service. While their process was a little awkward for me, everything went very smoothly and I had no problems.

Yes, as long as it was well cared for.

10. * What did you order?
      [Rainy] Yuan head in Snow Skin, a miniature laptop and 3 wigs.

* When did you order?
      10/24 2012

From the company.

Depends ... my order status on the page updated fast enough, I'm still waiting for one answer on the Q&A**. I knew not to expect an order confirmation / invoice, so I just sent the money and got a shipping notification a mere week later. I had a question before ordering and it took a week until I got an answer.
      **Got the reply today. All in all, communication appears slow but steady.

Paypal, so - very easy.

I received the shipping notification on 11/08 and the package came in today (11/14).

I guess so, even though I can't really tell yet (this is the first doll (head) I ever saw in person).

Yes.

Yes, Yuan is lovely. But ...

* Were there any missing or broken items in your order?
      ... one of the three wigs I ordered is missing.

** I left a note in their Q&A section about the missing wig. I hope to hear from them soon. I got a refund today.

Probably, if it was a nice sculpt. It depends on how the "missing item" thing turns out, though. I'll update here as soon as they reply.
      I would not bank on all listed items actually being in stock - I wasn't notified that one of the wigs I ordered was out of stock, they just sent the other items. So I probably would not order very important things without making sure they were definitely available. This does not concern doll orders, just accessoires.

I guess I would, if I really liked the sculpt.

11. What did you order?

Lovely Yumi and Dami complete dolls

When did you order?

December 08, 2012

Elfdolll answer questions every week, sometimes slow but quite stable.

How easy was it to pay?

Paypal, no fuss.

56 days after my payment, they shipped it out. EMS takes 4 days to arrive my country.

Great

Great

Indeed

NA

12. • What did you order?
      …Tinydoll "Hiro, " outfits and extra feet (shoe) parts.

• When did you order?
      …October 22, 2012

• How was the communication?
      Not Good: Two days after I ordered I still had not received a bill from PayPal, so I sent payment, anyway. That was probably a mistake, but I wanted to get my payment in while the order-period was still active.

• How easy was it to pay?

…Paypal – And in the area marked "Messages" I made sure to include an itemized list of what I was ordering along with all of the catalog numbers.

…At the time of this post, I still have not received any of my order.

• Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      …I have other Elfdoll products, and I have been very happy with them.

• Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      …They always have in the past.

• Were you satisfied with the product?
      …N/A

• If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      …When I input my order number, I get the message of "Payment Received"; It has been that way since December. I have sent eMails from my computer to "Oka" (?) at their customer service address, but have yet to receive a response. I can't ask a question at their website directly because my password doesn't seem to work any more.

• In Conclusion:
      …I understand that the world economy is tough right now, and that companies that offer "luxury services" have to be extra competitive. However: It worries me that Elfdoll has just wrapped up another order period (which included tinydolls) without having fulfilled all of he requests from the previous session.

From now on, if Elfdoll has any new products that interest me I will only buy through authorized dealers who, in theory, should have a better relationship with their vendor, or through the secondary market. Otherwise: I will conclude all dealings with Elfdoll.

[HR][/HR]
      Update:
      My Hiro order and clothes finally arrived in Late March/early April 2013.

13. * What did you order?
      [Rainy] Vivien head only

* When did you order?
      1/18/2013

Their website's message board style communication is a little odd, but they were quick to answer questions.

I wish I had used Paypal, but I tried PayGate. Took 5 days to clear.

It shipped on 1/24/13 and arrived on 1/30/13.

Yes! She is gorgeous!

I thought the pictures didn't show her features as well as some members on this board.

YES!

Nope/

N/A

YES!

YES!

14. * What did you order?
      13 items, including various clothes, shoes, accessories, and resin parts.

* When did you order?
      8/Jan/2013

Order process was straight forward.
      When the order took longer than 6 weeks, I prompted them on their message board.
      I'm still confused why I am prompted to enter an email address on their message board when submitting a question, but when they respond there is no email.
      I'm forced to check the message board daily to find if there is a response to my query.
      After finding a response, was advised 10 days, and that they were waiting on two items. After waiting 14 days, I prompted them again, to be informed it would ship that week, which turned out 3 days later on the Thursday.
      Understandably, ElfDoll did post on their site during this period an apology regarding their casting team, and have since hired a new casting team to improve their production. As I had two resin parts in my order, it was delayed solely because of that. (The two items that they were waiting on were the 2 resin parts in my order).

Paypal. Have used it every time I ordered from them without issue.

72 days from order to Shipping notification (Item lodgement date as per the EMS tracking)
      6 days to arrive. (Customs were a little slow)

Yes.

Most of the items but one were accurate and as expected. The one exception looked a little faded in comparison to the photo. Item photo and description list it as 'Pink', but the item looks very washed out IRL.

Yes.

None. Everything that I ordered was present and perfect condition.

N/A

Yes.

Yes.

15. * What did you order?
      Elfdoll Rainy Rita with Pin up body and face up #1, extra hand joints, fist hands and camera hands.

* When did you order?
      June 9th

Pretty good. They answered my questions within a day or two usually and tried very hard to respond correctly to my questions. However, I was only informed the day they shipped her that they couldn't or wouldn't be making the camera hands I ordered and they sent me a refund for the price of them.

Easy as anything. I set up a very short layaway and paid the majority on the 9th of June via paypal and the remaining balance on the 13th of June, again straight through paypal with no problems.

7 weeks from time of order to when she was sent to me, but only 7 days from date of shipping to when she arrived to me.

Absolutely! The quality is perfect!

Yep, she looks exactly like them!

Absolutely. She poses like a dream, looks just as perfect as the site images, her resin is wonderful and her seams were all sanded, I couldn't ask for a better product. Elfdoll even sent me TWO dresses and a belt which I did not order as free gifts and even though I technically bought the head and body separate and not as a full doll, I still received fist hands AND normal rainy hands with my doll so I ended up with more than I bargained for. I'm more than pleased! XD

Nope, all items present and accounted for and in perfect condition.

N/A

Most definitely.

Yes, definitely.

16. * What did you order?
      A Rita head, Normal Skin, Make up #1 and then added to the order a blank WS Eun-A

* When did you order?

November 9, 2013 (Rita) and December 10, 2013 (Eun-A)

Directly from Elfdoll.

Pretty good, whenever I asked something through their Q&A they soon replied me, the only thing I didn't like, is that usually their answers were too shallow and uncomplete.

Very easy.

Not long. I got my shipping notice on December 15 and received the heads on Dec 20. Considering that Eun-A was ordered on Dec 10, they were pretty fast ^^

Sure! And Rita make up is amazing!!!

Absolutely!

Very satisfied.

N/A.

Yes.

I once did, but just because the item wasn't available on the official site at that very moment.
      Then, if the second-hand price is very convenient (and the item in good condition) it's fine, otherwise I prefer buying directly from the company.

17. * What did you order?
      Soah smiling full doll and Yuan full doll, doll heads of the event

* When did you order?
      2013-03-10 I did a layaway plan, I paid until Oct 3, 2013 (the last payment to complete the order) Did other order in November paid full ( the heads discount event of the end of the year)

Directly from Elfdoll.

Very bad, they take much time to reply the messages of the Q&A, they lied me about the status of my orders (send email with wrong information) because is not complete and they shipped the things when they wanted without give me any information about this. I have the emails to prove this. Today I still waiting the second part ( THE YUAN DOLL) of my order that they said me that I recived and that is not true.

Very easy.

Since the six weeks after 3 of october, 23 of December arrived the first part of my order and the second until now...waiting.. I am still waiting my YUAN doll..and don´t have any news of her

Well, the resin tone of my doll is a few yellowed than the doll head, magnets of the hands detached because are not glued well, untensioned...

Yes, sometimes

No...I feel wholly dissatisfied

They still not solve my problem, only give me messages to give me some excuses and any solution...

Never...they disappoint me a lot as a company, and this is a shame because I adore their molds...I did not expected that they acted like this...I feel so sad for that situation too...

Yes of course, if the treatment is better than this company?....why not? and well..if the price is reasonable.

08/01/2014 - I am still waiting that this company will send me the part of my order (The YUAN full doll) that I don´t have, because is not complete and I feel completely deceived...the full doll of Yuan...They send me excuses, I want my doll instead excuses...and not give me any solution yet.

18. Latest news on Elfdoll Customer Service:

As of January 2014 Elfdoll has removed all of their Tiny Dolls, clothing & accessories from their website, altogether. The only remaining dolls are the "Sissy Seedling" dolls in the "Sale" section.

Also: Elfdoll has never been good about customer service and prompt eMail replies, but over the last few months they seem to have stopped communication altogether!

They don't even seem to be honoring past commitments: They promised a friend of mine (WinterMonkey here on DoA), to send an extra pair of shoes which they'd left out of a previous order, and nothing has arrived to her. They also agreed to replace the set of open-hands for my Hiro. Again: no package & no response.

I don't think that there is anything anybody can do at this point. I hate to give up on a company entirely, but that is the only course of action that seems available to me.

&#8230;I guess I just needed to "vent"!
      Thank you to anyone who bothered to read this!