1. Become a DoA Archivist!
    Volunteers Needed!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Mod team regrets to inform the community that Mirodoll is now banned from Den of Angels. Please view the following thread:
    Mirodoll Banned from DoA
    Dismiss Notice

eLuts Price Raised!

Nov 30, 2004

1. I was just at eLuts... and....

ALL OF THE DOLLS' PRICE WENT UP!

I just got probably one of the last cheaper dolls... I ordered my Chiwoo two days ago at $460.00, and I just went to eLuts to check my order status (I know, it should still been payment received, but... If I just stare long enough...)

Now Chiwoo (and all the other boy dolls) are $500! and Soo and girl dolls are $470!! :o

I'm lucky...... :oops:

2. Yeah, well, the exchange rate is kind of crappy right now and that may be why the price change.

3. Damn US exchange. XP

Can't I just convert my canadian dollarettes to korean currency? *laughs*

4. D.O.D.'s prices went up as well, but only by like $20-$30. The US Dollar and the exchange rate will get better, don't worry. :grin:

5. Hmm, yeah I just noticed the girl body went from 370 yesterday to 400 today... atleast the sleeping shiwoo head is back in stock.....

- Therese

6. How much were Kid Delf before? For some reason I can't remember. Some were 270. They went down. o.O

7. Darn!! Right when I was going to order a few things. *goes and checks prices*

8. Phew-- I'm glad I ordered Soo when she was $430! Now she is as expensive to buy without make-up as she was to buy with!

9. Yes! I know! I just placed my order this morning and made it before the price increase and just paid it so I feel very lucky to have made the cutoff. Now just waiting for my mystery boy to arrive.

Dee-

10. I think I kind of knew this was going to start happening some time or another. With living in the UK, I have also noticed how bad the exchange rate is getting. Before I properly started collecting BJDs I was into Blythe and I had a few of the rarer BL types which I sold to fuel my new interest. I could not make back what I spent on them to begin with. :evil:

11. The US dollar has been dropping at a rather unsettling rate.

Expect many similar changes in more feilds than just BJDs.

*knocks on wood*

12. YES! WOO! XD Ordered last night! ^^

*huggles 'Ru and 'Dee* We are the very last who ordered from eLuts before the price change- our boys shall henceforth be the Saigo Triplet! XD (Japanese for the 'final' Triplet) Wooo! XD

*huggles 'Ru and 'Dee again* I'm so happy we just scraped the change ^^

And now we can all wait agonizingly together too :oops:

:|

-Annie

13. I am SO PISSED. I totally understand why they did that...but I was going to soon order my Lishe...my parents are giving me $380 (we are far from rich, so don't call me spoiled...it's birthday/channukah...) and I was saving $150 which was the $50 to make it $430, $50 for shipping and $50 for customs...
      Is there a customs fee to America? If not, I guess I'm still OK.

14. I'm not sure about the customs fee, but I'm peeved about the whole thing too ;-;. Not at Luts though, because really it's...ok I won't go into who's fault it is, but yes ^^;. At least the Dreaming Shiwoo head didn't go up in price, but Chiwoo did. Hopefully America's economy gets better in the next few months :\ (doubtful, but hopeful)

15. In four years... *twitches*

And no, there shouldn't be customs on dolls in the US, Tammie. Dolls are toys. You should be good. ^^

16. I was just worried because some people had to pay them...
      Although I beleive you, I was wondering if you know where I can find out for sure...because it would really suck if I ordered my Lishe and it turns out there was customs fees after all.

17. Well.... DOD did the same so... I'm not suprised......
      Everyone will raise the price I guess

18. *moans*
      :cry:
      Just what we need, right before Dolpha 12.
      :(
      Michelle

19. Ommigawd. I'm so glad I ordered as soon as I did. I thought it was hard scraping up for my Lishe... but... GAWD! NooooO!

Understandable, yes. I just wish it didn't have to come to this. :(

There isn't a customs charge on dolls. If there was, it would already be included with the shipping and stuff. :? That's my guess, anyway. I payed $528 flat to eLuts (although the total came to like 527.98), which was Lishe (with makeup) + shipping.

20. I was just worried because some people had to pay them...
      Although I beleive you, I was wondering if you know where I can find out for sure...because it would really suck if I ordered my Lishe and it turns out there was customs fees after all.[/quote]

We don't pay customs here in the USA.

Debra