1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

eLuts Price Raised!

Nov 30, 2004

1. I was just at eLuts... and....

ALL OF THE DOLLS' PRICE WENT UP!

I just got probably one of the last cheaper dolls... I ordered my Chiwoo two days ago at $460.00, and I just went to eLuts to check my order status (I know, it should still been payment received, but... If I just stare long enough...)

Now Chiwoo (and all the other boy dolls) are $500! and Soo and girl dolls are $470!! :o

I'm lucky...... :oops:

2. Yeah, well, the exchange rate is kind of crappy right now and that may be why the price change.

3. Damn US exchange. XP

Can't I just convert my canadian dollarettes to korean currency? *laughs*

4. D.O.D.'s prices went up as well, but only by like $20-$30. The US Dollar and the exchange rate will get better, don't worry. :grin:

5. Hmm, yeah I just noticed the girl body went from 370 yesterday to 400 today... atleast the sleeping shiwoo head is back in stock.....

- Therese

6. How much were Kid Delf before? For some reason I can't remember. Some were 270. They went down. o.O

7. Darn!! Right when I was going to order a few things. *goes and checks prices*

8. Phew-- I'm glad I ordered Soo when she was $430! Now she is as expensive to buy without make-up as she was to buy with!

9. Yes! I know! I just placed my order this morning and made it before the price increase and just paid it so I feel very lucky to have made the cutoff. Now just waiting for my mystery boy to arrive.

Dee-

10. I think I kind of knew this was going to start happening some time or another. With living in the UK, I have also noticed how bad the exchange rate is getting. Before I properly started collecting BJDs I was into Blythe and I had a few of the rarer BL types which I sold to fuel my new interest. I could not make back what I spent on them to begin with. :evil:

11. The US dollar has been dropping at a rather unsettling rate.

Expect many similar changes in more feilds than just BJDs.

*knocks on wood*

12. YES! WOO! XD Ordered last night! ^^

*huggles 'Ru and 'Dee* We are the very last who ordered from eLuts before the price change- our boys shall henceforth be the Saigo Triplet! XD (Japanese for the 'final' Triplet) Wooo! XD

*huggles 'Ru and 'Dee again* I'm so happy we just scraped the change ^^

And now we can all wait agonizingly together too :oops:

:|

-Annie

13. I am SO PISSED. I totally understand why they did that...but I was going to soon order my Lishe...my parents are giving me $380 (we are far from rich, so don't call me spoiled...it's birthday/channukah...) and I was saving $150 which was the $50 to make it $430, $50 for shipping and $50 for customs...
      Is there a customs fee to America? If not, I guess I'm still OK.

14. I'm not sure about the customs fee, but I'm peeved about the whole thing too ;-;. Not at Luts though, because really it's...ok I won't go into who's fault it is, but yes ^^;. At least the Dreaming Shiwoo head didn't go up in price, but Chiwoo did. Hopefully America's economy gets better in the next few months :\ (doubtful, but hopeful)

15. In four years... *twitches*

And no, there shouldn't be customs on dolls in the US, Tammie. Dolls are toys. You should be good. ^^

16. I was just worried because some people had to pay them...
      Although I beleive you, I was wondering if you know where I can find out for sure...because it would really suck if I ordered my Lishe and it turns out there was customs fees after all.

17. Well.... DOD did the same so... I'm not suprised......
      Everyone will raise the price I guess

18. *moans*
      :cry:
      Just what we need, right before Dolpha 12.
      :(
      Michelle

19. Ommigawd. I'm so glad I ordered as soon as I did. I thought it was hard scraping up for my Lishe... but... GAWD! NooooO!

Understandable, yes. I just wish it didn't have to come to this. :(

There isn't a customs charge on dolls. If there was, it would already be included with the shipping and stuff. :? That's my guess, anyway. I payed $528 flat to eLuts (although the total came to like 527.98), which was Lishe (with makeup) + shipping.

20. I was just worried because some people had to pay them...
      Although I beleive you, I was wondering if you know where I can find out for sure...because it would really suck if I ordered my Lishe and it turns out there was customs fees after all.[/quote]

We don't pay customs here in the USA.

Debra