1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

English Lessons from Volks for well wishes!

Aug 20, 2005

1. http://www.volks.co.jp/jp/news/index_news47.html

Hai, Sara. Uerukamu tu Dorupa Nagoya. Puriizu enjoi Dorupa.

It's for an ill girl. The Make a Wish Foundation's taking her to Dollpa Nagoya. I didn't think they'd do something like that...

2. *giggles*

3. Well, I feel like crap now.

4. That's really nice of Volks, to put out a public request to all their attendees like that! ^_^ I'm not acquainted with the girl in question, but I hope she has a lovely time at Dolpa.

5. You could always edit your first post/topic title? =^^=?

I don't know her either, but I do hope it's everything she dreamed it would be. =*^^*=

6. That's so wonderful of Volks to do that, and I hope she has a memorable time.

7. That is a really nice thing for Volks to do, hope she has a great time!

8. That's so wonderful!! :cry:

I wish the best for Sarah and that she has a great time at the Dolpa :daisy

9. I really hope the Dollpa is everything she hoped it would be too!

I hope Volks does something really special for her too, like making her her own one-off, or giving her one of the limiteds or let her make an FCS ...

because Make-A-Wish doesn't send people to Japan on a whim... :(

10. Oh... I didn't know she was that sick... ;-; She just commissioned something from me... this must have been the trip to Japan she'd been talking about.

That's so nice of Volks~! ^-^ I just love it when companies think about their customers on such a heartwarming level...

11. That's so sweet of them.

12. Awwww that's so sweet and kind of VOlks!! Cuteee!

13. That is so friggin awsome! Is Sara a member here?
      I've had 3-4 family members with terminal illnesses and trust me, nothing is a better medicine than doing/seeing something you love to do/see. It really lifts spirits and for that time, makes you forget about the troubles of life. I really hope she has tons of fun:) Volks you are so amazing! *jen

14. Yes, Sarah is a member here, though I'm not sure if she wants her username to be known or not ^^;

15. What a sweet thing to do :D I hope she will enjoy her stay at the dolpha :grin:

16. That's so nice. ^_^ I imagine Volks wants to be sure people don't avoid talking to her because they're concerned about their English skills.

I hope Sarah's dreams come true!

17. it's a great charity
      my friend got sent to disneyworld when she had leukemia but was too sick to actually go on any rides or even go and hug the people in suits... but she is now totally healthy she just has thinner hair than most people...she scammed the charity by getting better is what she says >_<

the little phrases are so cute! I hope people do use them I'm sure it'll give her a laugh!
      I love this kind of english it makes me squee!

18. I hope she sees this thread and knows we're all wishing her well. **hugs**

19. Make-A-Wish is a great organization.

I hope Sarah has an absolutely wonderful time in Japan, at Dolpa, at Tenshi no Sato, etc.!! :D :D :D