1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever Afraid X Sculpt Will Be Discontinued?

Apr 13, 2011

1. The one I keep an eye on is DM Lusion. There is simply nothing like her out there.
      Does anyone know if Dollmore announces that they will be discontinuing a sculpt?:?

2. One of my dream girls was a discontinued sculpt. I fell head over heels for the first edition mold of Volks Rio. She was only made for about a 3 year period before they made some changes to her headmold. This was way back in the early 2000's, way before I found out about dolls at all! However, the first release of Rio is sitting in my bedroom right now ;)

So, what I have to say is, don't give up hope! I waited for about 3 years before I found this head on the market. So while a doll can be discontinued, it will sadden me, but I would never give up hope. Dollie miracles happen!

3. Tsukasa. Volks' motherfriggin' Konoe Tsukasa. NOWHERE to be found released
      again since
      god knows when except for a certain one off i think.

Rarely one in the market n usually at some inflated price i cannot pay. There was actually one going for about 1k wavering in the mp for more than a month (which was like dirt cheap by tsukasa's standard imho?) but i was jobless and AUGH how fate tempted me! But yea he was gone before i could secure a new job... OTL

TLDR : Don't count on volks to not discontinue anything. They pridein special limitedness more than meeting demands.

Damn buggers.

4. I agree with the sentiment that discontinued, unpopular standards are much, much harder to find than LEs. At one stage I was looking for a sculpt (Iplehouse YID Be Yearn) that Iplehouse discontinued shortly before I discovered it. Virtually no one had heard of it, and I had never seen it on DoA. I bumped my WTB thread for months; looked everywhere I knew; even asked Iplehouse whether they had leftover stock and they didn't. Thankfully my plans fell through after a while (nothing to do with the lack of the sculpt).

I'm very patient, and also realistic: if I can't get it on the aftermarket no matter what, I can always let go of it. Sometimes you just gotta move on, especially if it involves diminishing returns. (I'm not interested in the hunt-for-rares part of this hobby.) There will be something else that will fill the void... not perfectly of course, but hey, between enjoying what I have and pining for what I don't have: I'll choose the enjoyment.

But I do watch my wishlisted dolls closely for discontinuations. ;)

5. I was worried about it for sure when I first saw Bjd's online back when Homme Ducan was released. I wanted him so bad and I was terrified that he'd be discontinued. I never said anything about it then because I was maybe 14. When I started to look into the hobby again four years later I saw that he was still being produced. He's not really my dream doll at the moment, but I do want to own one someday. I try not to think about the whole discontinued concept, it makes me way to nervous sometimes....

6. Oh definitely! I worry about some of the sculpts I love being discontinued or that the company producing them will fold. I have seen a lot of dolls and companies come and go in the years I have been involved in this hobby. For example, I was always really in love with sculpts from Lovely House (particularly Shin B), but when I came back from my hiatus the company didn't really exist anymore. It doesn't mean that you'll never come across them in the secondary market, but with some particular sculpts you would be absolutely lucky to find them again. However, there are times when sculpts get resurrected (e.g. Ndoll is producing some of HappyDoll's old sculpts, DollnDoll is producing some of Serendipity's old sculpts, etc) and this is always a joyous occasion. You rarely have to worry about these issues with larger more successful companies as they tend to have big customer bases and will notify you if a sculpt is being discontinued. :D

7. I've always had that fear for my dream doll. And when I came back to the interwebs here a few days ago, to search the website and find him no where, well, I won't lie, I was crushed!

To make it worse, the only one I've ever seen on the marketplace has been in pretty beat up condition. It's sad, but a part of doll collecting I suppose

8. I have this fear every day.
      I dream of a volks SD Nana and I am doing everything I can to get her. I would be crushed if she was sold out or something.

9. I've wondered, but not quite worried about this yet. There is one head I may buy because of this question. It is still new, but I've seen it rarely, and I do a lot of scanning for what is going on out there. I appreciate this thread to get a chance to hear some of the history of how things have gone.

I'd really like the new Elfdoll sculpts: Sian and Yuan. They have unusual mouths, teeth, nom, nom... I think they will still be around for a while, and hopefully not go up? I wanted a smiling Ryung, then a Soah, then Soaah, then...pretty much have wanted all of theirs, and still don't have one. The older Elfdolls show up in the market a lot, but people are often asking more than it would cost to buy a new one. I've wondered what was up with that.

Other dolls keep popping up and I grab them first. I guess I feel that if I keep wanting one of the Elfdoll women, eventually I will get to it. They seem plentiful enough, and still as new orders. But because I am so new on the scene I don't have any idea how to predict this. Many times I go to company sites and all I see are sold out items. A few of the companies running ads here iin the DOA banner, currently, have nothing for sale when you follow their link. Just a page full of SOLD OUT.

I know these have no comparison to the Volks William, but in my little inexperienced world,,,

As I think about this. I DO buy because of a fear that I won't get another chance and will regret it. It was more of an unconscious thing than a clear fear about a discontinue situation. I was wondering even recently what it would mean that Luts is going to stop selling delf in a couple of weeks.

10. I have this fear constantly. I have yet to own a BJD but I've found the one I really, really want as my first. He's a Dollmore Dollpire Victor Lou 3-eyes. <3 There are only 29 of him to be made. I found some doll owner pictures but very rare. Idk why either! T_T He's been on the website since 2009, from what I notice. I'm really scared he'll run out of stock cause they company said they won't make anymore once it's sold out - I e-mailed 'em about it. I'm saving up like crazy for him, trying any job I can do online. Even if it's just $1, I would keep it for him. I'm just praying he'll be there next year. ;o;

But if he DID get sold out, I plan on getting the normal Dollpire version of Victor Lou and moding his head like the 3-eyes one. <3 Call me crazy but I'm in love with him. XD

And I don't think he'll be on the MP at all. T__T

11. Sometimes I do and thus the only thing I can do is to save up quickly and buy them fast. I mean this hobby is kinda recent (compared to dollhouses, coin/stamp collecting) and I don't want it to go burst along with my dream dolls

12. Like everyone else, I shall have to agree with JennyNemesis. If I really, truly love the doll so much that I absolutely HAVE to have it, then I will look everywhere for one that's available. Even if it's discontinued on the original site.

13. For a while, I worried about the doll sculpt I wanted being discontinued. I tend to have the luck that things I like get discontinued, so I had that worry in the back of my mind. But I've bought the head sculpt I wanted (secondhand, but who cares XD) and he's in the mail and on his way!

I am worried that maybe Dollzone's new Una wont have a good run and she will be discontinued, but hopefully that won't happen.

14. I don't worry so much about standards being *discontinued* as I do about the long-term availability of little fees. When I get my tax return next year I want a little fee Chiwoo, but I can't afford him before then, and I'm afraid little fees will go the way of feeple with a 'temporary' halt in production until demand is met.

Although I was quite sad when Dollzone discontinued tan, cuz if any of my tan Dollzones break hands now, I'm out of luck.

15. Yes, with Luts stopping the Delf Line for some reason...I have plans...and if they don't come back...then I'll cry.

16. Yeah, that's what has made me nervous. I know the feeple line has been 'halted' and so have the delfs... I just hope the little fees don't go out of stock before I can get one.

17. Yeah, this is a constant fear ^^; I was almost devastated when Dollzone discontinued their tan skin, as I wanted a Dollzone Yuu in tan for the longest time. Also, since LUTS has stopped their Delf Line, I'm worried that they might discontinue some of their sculpts due to how... unpopular some of them are. (By that, I don't mean negative feedback of course but there are some sculpts I don't see enough of.)

18. As an owner of a few of the more obscure Delfs, I know exactly where you're coming from. o_0
      When I saw Luts' announcement I was very glad I already had my guys...

It wouldn't surprise me in the least at this point if some of the later Delf sculpts didn't return to production. I can't see Luts or Fairyland abandoning the older, more popular ones... the Els, and Lishes, and such... But for sculpts like Edgar and Jess? I'm not so sure.

There are Els by the score on DoA, and they still have their fair share of fans even though the Delf line in general isn't as popular as it once was... But you could count the number of Edgar owners on one hand and have fingers left over. That doesn't bode well for him, and the others like him, in an ever more crowded and competitive market, where companies have to focus and really refine their offerings to remain profitable.

19. Yes! I'm constantly worried that the Mecha Angel Corvi will be discontinued before I can get him! He isn't as popular as the other dolls, and I've only seen... four on the forums, I think. I really love him and I'd be devastated if I couldn't get him.

20. I have this problem right now with a Delf sculpt from Luts/CP.
      My first doll was a Delf Shine. I had to sell him out of money reasons and swore to myself "If you ever have money again you will buy a Delf Shine!!!".
      Well I sadly don't have the money. No that's not right, I have the money but my boyfriend will kick my butt if I spend it on a doll. We want to live together in the near future and the money is meant for the stuff in our flat T___T
      I still hope that the "temporary" in Luts announcement is true, but I seriously doubt it (or they only sell the peoples favourites in the future, and Shine definitely isn't one of the peoples favourites...).
      These days I think "If you had not ordered a Soom Migma you could get your Shine now..." but who would have guessed that Luts decides to discontinue the Delf line...