1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Face Up: Freckles! Yay or nay? ✦

Jul 4, 2017

?
  1. Yay

248 vote(s)
    75.8%
  2. Nay

25 vote(s)
    7.6%
  3. Little goes a long way

86 vote(s)
    26.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    1. I looove freckles! I've had freckles on my past dolls and I think they really are great little decal on dolls face-up! Too much freckles can be a bit intense but if they're just here and there being cute then it's just 10/10

2. @KiyoshiSenshi

DAMN! I love those freckles more than Lacey...(but I love that sculpt in general, it's so cheerful!)

3. I think freckles on dolls can be super cute! I don't currently have any dolls with freckles though, mainly because all of my dolls so far have factory faceups and none came with freckles. Freckles seem pretty rare on factory faceups, probably because many BJD companies are Asian, and Asians don't seem to have freckles very much. At least, I guess that's why! Even beauty marks seem pretty rare on factory faceups though.

I could obviously get some with a custom faceup. I don't know if I ever will or not though.

4. I have tons of freckles and when I was a kid, I was the only one with freckles in my entire small town. They really stood out too as I have pale skin and back then, super dark freckles and lots of them. So, lots of teasing. Back then, even the media didn't show freckles, so I was the only freckle face I'd ever seen. When I was teen, I saw an ad with a model and her daughter covered in freckles and felt sooo much better. I kept that ad close and looked at it whenever I felt bad. A few years later, we moved and I saw lots of people with freckles and some people started calling mine beautiful. At first I was shocked and skeptical, but now I hardly think about them at all.

Sooo... yes! Definately! Freckles on dolls is something I'm all for.

5. I've loved freckles since reading the Pippi Longstocking books as a kid, so. xD I was quite tickled that the secondhand doll I got had freckles on his faceup - just little ones, but they add a lot to him!

6. I think they're lovely. I have a few dolls with them. It adds some interest to the faceup, in my opinion. I also think beauty marks are nice.

7. Whats not to like about a redheaded doll with freckles. I like them random, very light and not everywhere, which is probably not a realistic look. I'm OK with that.

8. Freckles are a good way to add texture to a bjd's face up and gives them a persona as well.

9. I like freckles a lot, I think they can add the perfect touch to a lot of characters. Over the nose and cheeks kind of heavily always looks cute to me.

10. I am -all- about freckles both in my art and on my dolls. I do think that some methods work better than others (if you are going for a natural look, at least) but I love the variety that I see when folks do them. :)

I definitely prefer freckling the entire body, myself, especially with certain characters and complexions. I just think it pulls everything together (even if it's subdued).

[​IMG]ERP_1392 by Ian Murphy, on Flickr

11. I don't have any heavily freckled faceups on my dolls, but I love them. Even a few light freckles are just adorable. I like variety, so I wouldn't want them on all my dolls--for many, freckles wouldn't work at all!

Beauty marks... I think they add realism to some faceups. But again, other faceups wouldn't work as well with them. Again--not something I always go for, but they are great on certain faceups. (I do have a dolls with light marks--they are more more realistic-style faceups.)

12. I like the lightly freckled look. I don't think I'd want tons of freckles cause thats more things that could get rubbed off

13. i don't have any dolls with freckles but i'd love one absolutely covered in them. the more the merrier, y'know?

14. I love freckles, I have recently ordered an Impldoll Aurora and I have asked the artist to give her some freckles.

15. I'm training so I can make a faceup and body blush with freckles, I would love to have a bjd with freckles and one with beauty marks.

16. I love freckles, they're my absolute favourite thing to add to faceups. :D

17. I like bjd freckled faces and clear faces. When a face is freckled, it's nice to see a natural or a plausibly natural look. I love both photos above.

18. I LOOOOVE freckles, but really don't feel much towards the super dense toothbrush splatter look... I prefer carefully placed, hand painted/drawn freckles that accentuate their face and character. I especially like adding a few stray freckles to otherwise clear faces- even folks who are mostly without freckles have a few here and there.

19. I love freckles, it just have to suit the doll's style. I think it gives a more childish/natural look to the face.