1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Face Up: Freckles! Yay or nay? ✦

Jul 4, 2017

?
  1. Yay

248 vote(s)
    75.8%
  2. Nay

25 vote(s)
    7.6%
  3. Little goes a long way

86 vote(s)
    26.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    1. I love freckles on dolls. Like @OneKickGirl stated, it adds a certain element of realism. A little does go a long way. I added freckles to both of my face-ups. I used an angled brush and flicked it at my second face-up to create the randomness of her freckles. It worked out pretty well. Subtle but enough to look realistic.

2. I hate my own freckles most days, so I don’t really feel the need to do them in my faceups. I’ve tried it once or twice before, but ended wiping them and redoing the faceup without the freckles, because I prefer a clean, made up look on my dolls (and myself, tbh)

3. ABSOLUTELY YES. When I do a face-up myself I always pepper it with freckles, they're my favorite thing to do (I'd go so far as to call natural-looking freckles my "special talent.") Even my tan doll has freckles, I can't get enough of them.

I've even modified the a default face-up so that it was freckled. The same doll has them all over his upper body. I might have a freckle addiction problem.

4. I love freckles! I just added them to both my Realfee Coco and my Pipos Baha the other day. I think they’re so cute!

5. I love freckles, they make the doll look more natural!

6. I love freckles on dolls! They're fun to paint and add a little asymmetry to a face up, which helps with any imperfections from hand painting!! They're the best <3

7. I love seeing freckled face ups and I have to echo other posts here and say the spattered watercolor freckle technique looks soooo nice in my opinion, especially if you go back over and fill a few in darker for some added realism!

Oh as for moles and beauty marks I haven’t tried that yet that’s a great idea! It’d be fun to give it a go considering I have two under my eyes!

8. I LOVE freckles, especially on Fairyland's tan dolls, but patience is not really something I exude, so the wait for a faceup to come back in the mail (and the risk of it possibly getting lost) has always caused me to avoid getting a faceup commissioned. I would love to adopt a pre-owned doll with freckles, however, I stick to adopting dolls that come with faceups I already like.

9. In my opinion freckles are always good! When I was a kid I used to be picked on for my freckles. I’m so glad that they are in fashion now!

10. I love freckles on dolls! It adds a more natural, realistic look. A few of my dolls have light freckles :)

11. I'm literally covered in freckles from head to ankle. I'd love freckles covering my doll the same way.

12. I love freckles! Unfortunately, they don't work for the dolls I've got so far, but I'm sure a future doll will get some.

13. I absolutely LOVE freckled dolls! As soon as I can scrape up the money for the commission, I have 2 dolls I want to send out for some face/body blushing and I want them to be freckled up.

Planning on matching them up as a Mother and Son pair, and I really want them to be really freckled!

14. yes! i love so much freckles in yosd <3

15. Oh my god I looove freckles and even for myself!! I use a pen to make myself freckles before goimg out and I love them on a doll too <3

16. I’ve seen them look really good but I don’t prefer them for my own dolls.

17. I love freckles! and would like to work on one of my bodies one day!