1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fairyland ChicLine 40cm Discussion Part 5

Sep 3, 2018

1. Oooh, gorgeous Alex! @redmaiko!

I can't believe Chicline got a new thread :D Yaaay! So I had to go out and do a few shots of my dolls, this time Ineffa with Rou. Rou needs some real clothes, but what he is wearing are old Ken clothes that my grandmother made for me, so I'm partial to seeing them on him, LOL. Reminds me of her :)

[​IMG]New Chic-line thread on DoA required fresh picture spam :) by ingiebee, on Flickr

2. What perfect timing, I was looking for other places to spam my DoA's photo contest entry! DX
      [​IMG]

Redmaiko, beautiful photo of your gorgeous Rou! thanks for sharing! ^ ^

IngieBee, those clothes on your Rou are very well made! I wish someone in my family knew how to sew, it wouldn't be a struggle for me otherwise.
      Those clothes must be treasures to you, not only because they are wonderfully made, but also because of how meaningful they must be to you now. (:

3. @Enzyme love your picture!

I can sew, but all these years later, my Ryu still has no ‘real’ outfit. I’ve tried so many times, lol. I’m getting the nerve up to try again. Love my guy, but he’s destined to be naked I guess, sigh.

4. @Enzyme, that is a great photo!

5. @Enzyme I love that one, a goth version of Michael Angelo's Sistine Chapel, LOL Yah, that's why Rou still wears that, LOL, my grandmother died like 22 years ago now :( I be old :D That he can wear the shirt and vest is just cool to me!

@kurogane it's not such a bad "curse" for him to be naked :D :D

6. Kurogane, thank you so much! (;
      I can sew as well, I just don't know what I am doing half the time. Regardless, it hasn't stopped me from sewing all my dolls' clothes (though I procrastinate).

Nancy_schroeder_ca, thank you so much! I take very bad photos, so I am very grateful for your kind comments! ^ ^

IngieBee, aww! Thank you so much for your incredibly kind comments! I mentioned in the contest thread that I was inspired by Caravaggio's lighting techniques in his paintings,
      but I certainly am a huge fan of the three great masters of Renaissance, I think they were the most influential when I first vegan painting more than thirty years ago. ^_^
      I agree about Rou always in the nude not being a bad thing. I love the CL male body so much, I wish FL had made their 65cm version the same exact proportions.
      Though I have such weird taste, I am probably in the minority in being disappointed that their 65cm body didn't have the same exact proportions as the CL male.

7. CP makes the loveliest bodies with the shapeliest legs in the doll world.
      Alyx takes a few minutes to relax in the fitting room while trying on costumes for the coming season.

[​IMG]

8. Well, when you speak of lighting techniques and drop names, I know saying "pretty" or "cool" won't fit, LOL, But my lack of edumacation allowed me to go no farther @Enzyme, LOL. Cool!

@petiteballerine , I have no idea what it's like to set up a new ballet, but that looks pretty much on the nose, with costumes strewn everywhere! It reminds me of when I was looking for my wedding dress, LOL. And back stage always seems dark to me as well!. She seems bored. But you created a beautiful "moment in time" there :)

9. IngieBee, lol! No problem, cool is always cool I think, even when talking about classical references one might not know (I am a huge art-nerd, so don't worry). The funny thing is that I typed "vegan" instead of "began," like I let my auto-spellchecker do all the work for me lately, and don't even proof-read anything anymore. How sad to rely solely in technology like that. Lol!

Pettiteballarine, that is a very nice set up, I love all the sparkles and tulle. There was a brief time of my life when I wanted to be a ballerina, but it was a very short lived dream with no fond memories to speak of. ^ ^;;

10. Oooh, I'm in time to contribute to the wonderful first page spam.

Here's one of my Chiclines:
      [​IMG]

11. Wow, she is stunning, @TeaPartyRevolution!

I was able to read your meaning just fine @Enzyme :) .Happens to me all the time as well!

12. I was looking in my EL's box and he never came with a COA, did any of the ChicLine dolls come with a COA?

13. I don't think so, that started, I believe, after all the recasting stuff got out of hand. Thankfully I dropped off DoA during that whole debate because when I came back, and saw how ugly the fight got, I was really dismayed! I'm glad not to have been here during those fights! Ugh, ugly! But yah, I don't think any of my minifees or chics have CoAs but I'd have to dig up their boxes to know for certain...?

14. I got one with my Chloe, but I ordered her during that very last period that they were available. My others don't.

15. I think I read on another thread that Fairyland only recently started sending certificates.

16. I think 90% of my collection doesn't have a COA. A few of my dolls do, but they were all purchased in the last 2 or 3 years (or alternatively have a Luts limited edition certificate). I can't say for certainty that any of my Chiclines have a COA.

And I have one of the old gold plates.

17. I didn't get a CoA with my Rou only a restringing manual, I received him in September 2010. I am not sure how long the Chicline dolls had been out by that time, but I am guessing only the very last Chicline dolls got one.

18. Ah okay I just wanted to make sure, sad that they may never release these lovely doll again. I sure would like some different clothes for my EL to wear.

Tags: