1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fairyland MiniFee MNF discussion part 67

Oct 15, 2021

1. Wishing all who celebrate a blessed Resurrection Day!

[​IMG]

2. Happy Easter to everyone celebrating it, here's my Honoka dressed in a cute bunny outfit:

[​IMG]

3. Happy holiday weekend to anyone who is celebrating anything this weekend!

I just realized that most of my doll profiles have outdated pictures, so I'm going through updating. In the meantime, have this cute pic of the boys that I found in my camera roll.
      [​IMG]

4. Hi all! I just got another Minifee the other day, a Sirrca. I absolutely love her. I need to fix her eyes, they got knocked a little loose during shipment I guess but she's beautiful.

My only complaint really is neither of my girls like to sit, which I understand is a common minifee problem? It was so irritating with my first MNF I'm surprised I wanted another one . I have been looking and looking but haven't found any info about how to make them sit better. I'm about to start looking at wiring, which I haven't done for a doll in years and years.

Anybody got advice? I'm sure it's out there and I just missed it.

[​IMG]Fairyland Minifee Sircca by charlie, on Flickr

5. @kittydorkdork - She's beautiful! The hair and eye colors go together very well.

I don't own a Minifee (yet) so I'm curious - what exactly is the sitting issue? I'm actually planning on modding one (when I eventually get one) so that she'll having working mobility thigh joints, etc. but it would be useful to know what else might need work.

6. They don't sit up straight, she leans back and its hard to make them not just fall back. Also I forgot to mention their legs spread as soon as you start sitting them and it's hard to get them in a nice, skirt-friendly pose I'm thinking some wiring going up her legs and through the hips will help keep her upright and legs manageable.

I found some 16 gauge floral wire I'm thinking I'll try. I need need to find some wire cutters.

7. @kittydorkdork - Ah, I see! Thank you for that description. I hope the wiring will help or that you'll be able to find another solution!

8. They can be a little hard to get to sit. Some of mine sit much better than others. I found that these two things help. #1. Pull the thighs down and then bend them into a sitting position. Then push the upper thighs back. #2. Move the chest joint so that the back is not arched. Various degrees of slouching can help to balance her into a better sit. (She doesn't have to be completely slouched but make sure her chest isn't pushed all the way up so her back is arched.) I don't have too much trouble with the leg spreading thing. Check to be sure that the upper thighs are in the right position and not rotated. to position my ladies seated in dresses, I often push their knees to one side and their feet to another so their legs are kind of curled up under them or I cross their ankles. It all depends on how high the chair is. I really wish they would make the dolls sit as easily as my FL Motion boy. He sits like a dream!

9. Had a very special arrival today!
      [​IMG]

I'm not sure if I'm keeping this wig for her yet, but I love her face! She's even cuter in person!

10. she's super cute! the wig works well on her.

11. A bit new; hello :whee: what’re your guys favorite Fairyland fullsets that they’ve released? Mine is Rens, and Luhas :XD:

12. I love Alan's too bits, and Luhas' was good too, but I tend to break fullsets up into outfit parts for my crew.

13. Do you guys know about how often Fairyland puts out new minifees? I'm torn between ordering one now and sitting tight until the next release so I can decide at that point, in case it's really cute and I want that one instead. :P

14. Once a season just about for new molds. So some time in in Spring should be the next one.

#374 Tippetarius, May 1, 2022
      Last edited: May 1, 2022
    15. When Kim SunHwa on Facebook posted the last event sculpts, someone asked if there would be Lookback heads and he said that they would be in April. April's almost over but I'm still eagerly awaiting them, haha.

16. Alright, time to sit tight then. I LOVE that they are doing lookback heads. <3

Can someone share the link to Kim SunHwa on Facebook? Thanks :)

#376 QuietYurei, May 2, 2022
      Last edited: May 2, 2022
    17. I finished the faceup on my Ingrid A! Here is my beastie, Oliver. :aheartbea
      [​IMG]Beastie by Tineke, on Flickr

18. He looks great, @redmaiko !

Has anyone around here had any experience sanding FL tan by any chance? Is the discoloration like the gate marks?

I love my tan Ingrid event heads but I really want to sand off the veins and sculpted brow for more opportunity of expression. I'm wondering if it's something that blushing could handle.

19. What a handsome and angry boy, @redmaiko!

20. Wow he looks fantastic @redmaiko! I really love Ingrid boys X3