1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fairyland Multihead Discussion part 2

Jul 29, 2011

1. Coco: Monique sells excellent quality wigs for BJDs in their "Gold" line, and so does Ruby Red Galleria. Anything in size 4-5 should be OK for Multiheads. If you want a fun-fur/fer wig, BeachGirlNikkita here on DoA (and eBay & Etsy) makes re-stylable wigs at excellent prices.

Here's a shot of an OT doll (with my Juri) in a BeachGirlNikkita wig that I re-styled:

[​IMG]
      Elfie & Noah - 2 by Mandasmac, on Flickr

2. Thanks Goodbyekitty, that's really helpful. Your Juri is super cute! :)

I have a new baby coming home soon. I didn't think I would get to adopt her but her current owner was very kind and worked out a deal with me. :D

3. Too cute!!! I have Ante twins :) I am hoping for a lot less homework this coming semester so I can play more dollies :)

4. My multihead Zeffi and her friend Momo .

[​IMG]

5. Your twins are so cute, Biggy.:) I'm planning on making Juri twins too...both girls.

6. gilou2310...what cuties.:) Definitely the cutest Zeffi I've ever seen.:))

7. :XD:…CUTENESS ALERT…CUTENESS ALERT… :XD:

WARNING: The following links are highly adorable!! They have been known to cause spontaneous outbursts of "squee" in a pitch that only dogs can hear, followed closely by the phenomenon of swiftly depleted savings accounts:

http://efdoll.dreamweb.co.kr/shop/step_submain.php?b_code=B20150528024343

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixdJIbT8A_I&feature=youtu.be

Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen: The "RealFees" have arrived. They seem to be in a size between LittleFee and MiniFee. I like that they used some of the "skinny" design elements from the RealPuki bodies – tiny dolls don't have to be chubby to be adorable. What I'm most curious about is how our Multiheads might look on these taller bodies?

I also wonder about DoA member DaisyDayes: She's been making tiny Fawn and Centaur add-ons for years. Will she be flattered, or feel ripped-off?

8. I really don't think she'll mind. She didn't mind when all the other companies who make such parts have been doing business that way for years. As an artist you know you can't/won't patent a basic idea, like "adding animal parts to a humanoid". It's an idea other people have had and will have.

As to size comparisons of the Multihead, I think @SmoteyMote did some pics of how that would look, if they might oblige us and post them here? Someone did anyway.
      FL also has posted pics of a regular Pukifee head on that new body and it looks proportional.

Random weirdness when I was crafting: I have a pukifee body with no headback for her multihead faceplate, so I've sculpted one, carving it very carefully so her faceplate fits it. Then I tried my headback with the other multihead faceplate I have- and it doesn't remotely fit that one! What is going on here. Both of these plates fit the company headback that I have. Weird. It must be down to tiny differences, I thought, except that the fit is a disaster on Juri'11 and perfect on Zio. Not a slight mis-fitting, a big one.

I wonder if Juri'11, being an event plate, is a little unintentionally different fitting? His faceplate does stick very tightly into the company headback.

9. I'm totally excited about Fairyland finally making fantasy parts! the whole reason I ever made my own was because I wanted my Fairyland dolls to he hooved! hoofed? why is if hooves but not hooved? >.>

I also really hope they'll have the fantasy parts in the smaller sizes as well as the RealFee size

the multihead size would probably be a bit too small for the Reafee bodies, the PKF size head even looks a bit small to me when they are wearing the hooves and paws options

10. I did not do a comparison of the multihead on the realfee body because it looked far too small to me. The first comparison I did however, included the multihead in the lineup. https://www.flickr.com/photos/smoteymote/17073225274

I think the pukifee head is pushing the line of size on the small end already. Multi-head would look like a shrunken head on top of the realfee body in my opinion. Of course, everyone has different aesthetics.d

11. Here is Jules' BFF "freckles", a Zio who really needs an actual name. I ended up making her headback myself after being impatient in finding one for her multihead faceplate.

[​IMG]

12. [​IMG]

Sharing mine (whom rarely show up)

13. What a cutie!
      I sold all my multiheads but one, and have been missing them lately. It is always nice to come on here and see everyone else's!

14. I finally named my "Freckles" Zio. She is Andrea Mitchell. She's the friend of Jules Kimura, an Aikido Black Belt who is opening his first Dojo, on the island of Oahu in Hawaii.

[​IMG]

15. Rosslyn, how did you make her wig? I need something similar for a couple of dolls :)

16. Her wig was made with the hard cap method, a jersey fabric stretched over a saran-wrapped head and then mod podged into stiffness. I didn't remove it at that stage but made pencil lines for the longer portion of her hair, and where the actual hairline would be. I then put glue all over the "shaved" part in a thin layer and sprinkled some flocking all over it. I let that dry for a long while but still did not remove the base fabric from my wrapped doll head.

Re-posting the pic from above so you don't have to scroll back and forth to see this, hope that's OK.
      [​IMG]

For the longer locks, I laid silk fiber a pinch at a time, starting on the side the hair hangs over and going toward the exposed shaved side. At the visible left side edge of that longer hair I laid a row pointing "down" and then folded it over to join the rest of the swoopy part, and ironed it at the fold to make it snug.

Only then did I come in with my very thin sharp scissors and cut away her front hairline out of the base fabric that formed the cap of this wig. I lifted it away from the wrapped head a little at a time, cutting out the hairline and tugging away the excess fabric. That's what let her sideburny bits be so crisp this time, I think.

17. Yuki and Yumi just popping in!
      [​IMG]

18. How cute! They remind me of the Strawberry Shortcake dolls I played with as a kid.

19. in time for christmas greetings

[​IMG]