1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fairyland Multihead Discussion part 2

Jul 29, 2011

1. I will post my experiment with making my Juri a choco, for sure! Zefi and Juri are supposed to be here tomorrow. I'm so excited, I feel like I'm getting Christmas early! I bought Rit Cocoa Brown dye, and cheesecloth, and string, and a pot to dye Juri. I'm all ready! Now I just need the doll. I have a lovely piece of Tibetan lambskin in a soft silky black to make a wig too. I hope I can dye Juri tomorrow! Yipee!

2. I did this face-up last night. I really like the concept but my execution could use some work. Ugh, I just can't get the eyelashes or eyebrows right! I can't figure out if it's my paints, my brush, or just me. I'm going to keep trying though.

[​IMG]

3. Fairyland has been pretty good about standardizing head measurements in each "family." My Juri head is exactly 4¼ inches (approx. 11 cm), so Size 3-4 should fit if it has a stretchy cap. I have tried buying 4-5 wigs for other dolls, and they always come out closer to 5 inches than 4. I was going to make my own wig for Max (my Juri), but I dunno… It depends on my patience level...

You Know coinnle, I had been thinking that exact same thing!!

Thanks, redmaiko & Reizei-Chan :aheartbea I got mine at The Junky Spot: They are a bit less expensive than Mimiwoo, and are in the US for fast shipping. Max is wearing various bits and pieces I've collected for my Pukis over the years ~ to varying degrees of success:

• Shirt is for Kelly/Tommy, and is long sleeved on them, but only 3/4 length on the Obitsu. The same goes for pants & skirts. Shirts for Dollmore's Banji dolls fit well, but they need scrunching up a bit at the arms. Outfits for the newer, bigger Kelly dolls are too skinny to fit Pukis, and definitely don't fit Obitsus.
      • Overalls are by Heidi Ott for her line of dollhouse-sized dolls. They are a bit tight, and the straps are too long, but they just need some rearranging of some snaps and they will fit perfectly. Usually I have no complaints ~ Heidi Ott clothes are excellently made!
      • Shoes are tricky! Kelly/Tommy shoes are a bit snug on a puki, so they are even tighter on an Obitsu, whose feet are about 1mm longer and wider than a Puki's. It doesn't sound like much, but remember most Kelly Shoes are rigid plastic, so there's not any give to them. JuJu's Dolly Mall has a new section of tiny shoes that sound like they will fit. Also Try the Puki Shoes at Ruby Red Galleria. Obitsu Hands and feet pop off for EZ dressing, like Brownie and Fairyland bodies.
      • The "Schmata," or, "Do-Rag" is from a cheap Barbie outfit. It's held in place with some double-sided tape until I can make or buy him a wig (see above).

Some Sellers on Etsy make clothing specifically for the new Obitsu bodies, but I haven't tried anyone's work just yet.

:daisy Amanda

4. [​IMG] Thanks marxwyn & redmaiko! :) I scored 3 vintage Barbie wigs hoping they'd be a good fit for my Puki2 but they were a little too big. They fit perfectly on the multihead though. Here's the new faceup. I like this one a lot better.

5. Alori, your new face up is so cute! You have really improved quite fast. You should have seen my first half-dozen face ups when I first started painting them; absolutely awful!! You must have some talent there!

I have dyed my juri, but the face didn't dye the same color as the body, so I'm going to do some blushing to match them up. I'm not ready to show her yet, but she looks like she could be black or and Eastern Indian. Either way, I'm really liking her look! I still have to make her wig up too. I'm short on time right now, so I don't knpw how ling it will take to finish her up to introduce her.

6. Madaise: The body dyed to a really nice rich milk chocolate color, but the hands, and the face came out with much more yellow tones to it. Go figure. I'm wondering if the resin is different in batches when they were cast, or perhaps the density of the resin is different. . . ? Anyways, I am going to blush the face to match up, so I'm not very worried about it. I made a wig for Juri last night. I think she is nearly done! She is telling me her name is Maya. I'm looking forward to introducing her to everyone.
      My Zefi is adorable, and I will be doing his face up soon as well, but the poor little guy isn't getting much attention at the moment, because I'm so involved with my juri (Maya!)project.

7. Goodbykitty: wig size, that's same problem with my mnf. That's why I took the gamble and bought 3-4 size, instead of 4-5 size. Good thing they fit ok.
      I did compare Leeke D-type doll head size, which is listed as 4.2inch, while their LSO is 3.9inch.

I suppose it's a good thing that mh and puki head size is very close, if I ever get a puki, they can share wigs ^^a

8. Hey all! This is my new little multihead Zefi (on a Bobobie body) named Thistle. :)

[​IMG]

9. I have my first picture of Maya to show!

[​IMG]

I'm still spraying her with lots of coats of MSC, and I will be doing some blushing on the body, but she's mostly done! I also darkened her eyebrows since I took this picture.Over all, I'm rather pleased! I don't know what I did that made the photo so grainy, so I apologize. I'm not very good with photography.

10. Wow!!!! She's wonderful!!!!:aheartbea:aheartbea

My Juri came home with Minifee Mirwen but he's still waiting for a faceup and hair. He'll be a redhead like his big sis...I want a short red mohair wig. I love him on the Pukifee body, but I have no boy clothes in that size yet. I think his name is Jude because he looks like my cousin's baby son.
      [​IMG]
      Genevieve and Juri by Tami E, on Flickr

11. Annie would like to say "Hi" to everyone in the thread!
      [​IMG]

coinnle: Wow, Maya is really pretty! Did you dye her?
      Tami E: Congrats on Jude! I'm sure he will be quite handsome!

12. Hi guys! I'll be joining you again soon - I have a multihead Bonnie (on PKF body) in the mail. :) Juri is flippin' ADORABLE though...might have to snag one. Oops!

Quick question: Has anyone tried Monique wigs for their multihead cuties? I'm wondering if I should be ordering a 4 or a 4-5. Any idea which would be likely to fit better?

13. more posts!!

tami e: your mirwen is pretty. I'm wondering about her faceup as well.
      coinnie: wow, first choco juri. you did a wonderful job dying
      juliepinetree: lovely room setting
      marryth: I'm wondering the same thing. But monique got stretchy cap right? I'm planning to get size 4 (or 3-4) from them.

14. Coinnle: Maya turned out beautiful!! <3
      Tami E: Adorable!! I love seeing them against larger dolls. Congrats!
      juliepinetree: What a little cutie!! Love seeing dolls in rooms too. :)
      Marryth:3-4 Monique wigs do fit since they are stretchy. :) I have tried a couple of my puki ones on mine.

I gave Felicia some eyelashes finally! Found the perfect fluttery ones so I am very happy. I also got some mohair wigs for her and I can't decide which I like more! She seems to look great in everything I put her in which is odd as most of my dolls have a certain look only that they look good in. Anyway, here is the pastel green one. :) She is definitely my little chameleon!
      [​IMG]
      Pale Green by redmaiko, on Flickr

15. Ooh, Anne and Felicia are so cute!
      Thanks for the kind words about Maya! I had to re-dye her though. The MSC scraped off her body so easily, that I had to start over. She is much darker than I had intended, but she is much STURDIER now, and her skin won't chip when I play with her. I dyed her without the MSC spray, and she matches up this time; go figure. She's still very cute, I think! I will post new pictures of her as soon as I can. She's a little chocolate bar! :truffle Yum! She looks more African now that she's darker.

16. marxwyn: Thank you!
      madaise: Thanks very much! Those are my favorite shoes too!
      AaloriRian: Thank you! I was happy the wig worked, it came with another doll I bought!
      redmaiko: Thanks! Felicia is so pretty! And hey, at least she looks cute in everything!
      coinnle: Thank you! Looking forward to your new pics of Maya all done up!

Annie tried to ride the tricycle and insist it is not to big!
      [​IMG]

17. Thanks for the photo advice, GoodbyeKitty. I tried what you said to do, but they all turned out rather badly. I have to keep working in it!
      Here's my latest attempt at photos of Maya. (This is the only one that was usable!) She was playing in the Christmas tree, and had lots of fun.

[​IMG]

I don't know if anyone can see the difference in her coloring, but she is a lot darker now. I think she's so cute! She could be Creole, or Latino, or pretty much anything I want her to be! *luvs*:aheartbea

18. It's me again!
      I forgot to post my little shepherd boy Cieren. He has only one sheepy, but he's doing the best he can.

[​IMG]

This photo came out better than Maya's, but I don't know what I did differently! *facepalm*

19. awwwww i'm totally enjoying this thread, to be honest i wasn't a fan when multiheads appeared but i totally love what you guys have done with them! everyone's little babies look adorable!! &#9829;

20. goodbyekitty: thanks for the info! Once the monique wigs bought from marketplace arrive and tried on my mnf, I'm planning to order some from the site. Would you recommend direct or through a dealer? (ie. audreys or jpop) (though I think direct gives the biggest range/option?)

coinnie, your mh's so cute. may I request a pic of them all together? thanks :)