1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fairyland Pukifee discussion part 28

Mar 24, 2020

1. Just purchased my first Pukifee last night and I’m so excited! I was really drawn to all the easily interchangeable faceplates and clothing options available. She’ll be here this week!!

2. Congratulations and welcome

3. oooooo congrats!!! what sculpt did you go for? there are so many cute ones :chibi

4. I bought a Pukifee Pio but I’ve already purchased a second faceplate for her! It’s a Juri!!

5. I have been lurking on this thread for quite a long time after selling all my Pukifees at least a couple years ago. I had a new-from-Denver-Doll Luna and Pong, a direct-from-FairyLand Shiwoo, and then also finally a second-hand (from the DoA Marketplace) Zoe with Daisy Dayes hooves.

[​IMG]

I have bought and then later sold probably more than 20-30 dolls over the time I've been in the hobby, starting from my first doll (also now finally re-homed) which was a 70cm Dollzone boy, down to the RealPuki ones, and many, many sizes and companies in between. While I have warm feelings towards all the dolls that have passed through my home on the way to other places, literally the only doll that I deeply and consistently regret selling is that Zoe. Something about the gentle hopefulness in her face, I think.

I'm going through a very physically painful and emotionally difficult time right now, and it's kind of coming to a head. After years of repeated moments of longing and regret over that sale, I've finally decided to start looking for another Zoe. I've already bought her a couple possible wigs and outfits that will arrive significantly before she will, because I haven't found her yet. I'm on a semi-limited budget, and also one of the things I've learned about myself over the years collecting is that I am somewhat afraid of new dolls! If I buy them directly from the company/dealer, I avoid actually doing anything with them. Pre-loved dolls, though, I enjoy taking outside and photographing; I love making clothes for them; and I just generally am comfortable with them. So the wait may be longer than I wish, but here's to hoping the perfect second-hand Zoe will come into my life soon!

For now, I will live vicariously through all your cute pictures of all the Pukifee!

6. very good choices!! they’re all so adorable its hard to pick just one :o hope they come in soon and you get to enjoy them :blush

7. I prefer "adoption" as well, and would much rather give a home to a bjd that is "looking to travel", as you see it described on some sales, because I feel sad for them. While I have no issue with new dolls (especially since that's the only way to bring home new sculpts), the majority of my troop are adoptions, including my own Zoe.

EriChanHime, here's a Zoe photo for you :D
      [​IMG]
      MaxCCBJD
      by clochette62, on Flickr

8. I finally decided to add an Arong to my doll family. The sad derpy face slowly grew on me. He will be my sad little Prince.

9. He's one I don't have, I look forward to your pictures!

10. @clochette I haven’t seen many owner pictures myself, so I’m looking forward to seeing Arong in person. My tracking says Monday, and it’s hard to wait!

11. My Arong is here! Love his sad face. Now to find the right outfit. He's borrowing my Tika's so he can be with me in the living room (so I can hold and gaze upon him). I only wanted one, now i have two, it never ends

[​IMG]Candy plz by SD Hampton, on Flickr

12. My Soso faceplate arrived today from the make-up artist and I'm smitten. I just need to remind myself how to upload photos on here!

13. He's so unique and fun! Good luck finding the perfect look for him. :)

Exactly; adoption when possible (obviously not if you want to acquire something completely newly released) always pleases me more. And your Zoe is delightful. :love Hopefully I will find mine soon!

14. @EriChanHime thank you! Looks like finding the right outfit is going to take awhile, most of the options are for girls.

15. Extremely true!!! Female and unisex clothing is the *vast* majority of what's available. On the other hand, you could always choose to commission something! Either here or on Etsy, for example. Then you would have more creative control. It's more expensive, but I tend to lean towards the "find the perfect outfit and never change it, except for special occasions" kind of thing. :)

16. He's very cute, have you decided on a name for him yet? Or is Prince his name?

It never, ever ends. Never.

17. @clochette oh no! I was afraid of that. So far the name Arthur seems to be sticking.

18. Happy Easter from one of my kiddles!

[​IMG]

19. [​IMG]
      Ante has a fright wig!
      I just posted the pattern for this fake fur wig in the Workshop: Patterns: Wigs section. The pattern works for both felt and fake fur.
      It took 9 iterations to get the fit just right! I hope someone will give this pattern a try.
      Happy April, Pukifee Friends!

20. She is looking soo cute, your wig is absolutely pretty.