1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fantasia Doll Elder/Senior Sizes Part 2

Sep 10, 2023

1. Time for a photo that I've been intending to take for a while!

So, last week, my sleepy Alice got her forever body in the mail, and after that, I can finally say all my Fantasia girls are finished and whole! Here they are, in their lovely random outfits everyone happened to be wearing (and one wearing just her birthday suit)!

From left to right, back row:
      -Sleepy Alice (NS) on Fanff Studio Victoria's secret body (Volks NS).
      -OE Alice on the 2017 Fantasia Doll muscle body (NS) with modded (sanded thinner) wrists to fit Iplehouse EID hands.
      -OE Vivian (NS) on Iplehouse EID body (NS) (sanded neck thinner at the top to fit the head).
      -Sleepy Vivian on 2017 Fantasia Doll Non-Muscle body (NS) with modded wrists to fit EID hands.
      -Canary (NS) on Feeple65 body (NS), the head was blushed darker and pinker to match the body.
      -Canary Cute (WS) on Iplehouse nYID body (NS), the head was blushed to match NS and the body's neck was sanded thinner.
      And sitting at the front is OE Barbara (NS) on the Angell Studio Wen Yao mermaid body in Milk Skin. Scuse me for not giving her a top for the pictures, clothes aren't really her thing!

Initially, Barbara had a human body and this mermaid body and was supposed to switch around, but I thought I won't even need the human body with how much I like the mermaid one. She's doing just fine with one body, and I (technically) spared space for one more doll!

[​IMG]

They are all the 2016-2017 versions from before the heads got stretched bigger. I somehow have managed to convince myself "no more" at least 6 times and since then, smuggled home everyone everyone except Sleepy Barbara. Though I don't know if a sleepy Babs was even ever made. I have never seen her other than in promo photos. If one ever pops up though or Fantasia miraculously resurfaces and fulfills all the previous orders, I'd not have the strength to say no to one of her, either. I love my Barbara! I do hope they're coming back, though it seems they've been MIA for a while. Maybe it's better there's just these eight sculpts or I'd need a bigger apartment, ha!

I also included closeup mugshots of the two girls (OE Alice and Barbara) that had their faceups redone this summer, since their fresh new appearances haven't been introduced here yet. Both are Angeltoast, although I modified Alice's face-up heavily after I received her (redid the lips and mouth area, added some freckles and piercings, and edited the eyeshadow.) Barbara previously had my own faceup, but I wanted something different after deciding she's now a forever mermaid.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. what a lovely crew! they all look fantastic

3. @vauhtikatti is to blame for my own Fantasia addiction. Now let us all stare in envy at her collection. :lol:

4. @vauhtikatti - Oh my! To see them all together in such glorious splendor is magnificent! :D
      Each one looks like she was put together with such thought and care. So many details to absorb. Thanks for adding all the bodies and modding for each. I will study this photo a long long time! You managed so many different combinations of heads and bodies and hands!

The faceups are all wonderful and the closeups of OE Alice and Barbara are amazing! I can't believe you managed to cobble together a mermaid! She looks fantastic!

I was able to get that Vivian head :XD: so now I have two versions of her one older and one the newer. No faceups for either head yet though...must remedy that soon.

#4 luluna, Sep 10, 2023
      Last edited: Sep 10, 2023
    5. Congrats on completing the collection! They look gorgeous! I still kick myself over not grabbing Babs originally.

Your beauties are amazing!!

6. Thank you all!

@chalyss Hope you get your Babs one day. There's a few around so it's always possible! Lol - I kick myself for not getting any of the girls originally! I wanted to get the smiling Canary more than any other resin, but parents were unapproving at the time, and I was 17 so their will was the law. Although I did debate being a bad daughter just for that sweet smile. I had a card of my own and had always been reasonable using it online, so they hadn't set any withdrawal limits to it - I guess no harm would have been done letting out a bit of that teenage rebellion I never dared have...

@luluna Congrats on Vivian! There are quite a few body options that fit these ladies, so you shouldn't be short on those! Vivian's face is a bit differently shaped than Babs or Canary. I guess it's that she's more mature. Even if the different heads are all the exact same size, I noticed that Vivian and Alice tend to look best on the bigger bodies like EID or the original Fantasia bodies, while Canary and Babs can look off on them. I tried Barbara on the default Fantasia muscle body once, and the result looked like a child on steroids. She fits perfectly on the Angell Studio (where the human version of the body is 58cm), but before her, I tried to put Alice on it, and she looked very bobble headed! So it's been a lot of trial and error because they all don't definitely fit one and the same body. It's nice to have a bit of variety though, so I don't need to restrict myself to only shopping one category of shoes and clothes.

You can always hit me up (preferably on Insta as the inbox here fills up rather quickly) if you need help choosing a body for your Vivian! Apart from the bodies shown here, I have tried a few others. Soom ID68 paired with Vivian was a good fit for realistic proportion, but their NS is a bit darker than Fantasia, so the head will need blushing to match 100%. Might be I just got a dark batch, though, Soom resin is infamous for its color inconsistency. Miracledoll's 68cm (?) muscle female body was also a good fit for realistic proportion, but I wasn't so much a fan of the body otherwise. DFH bodies do fit the size, too, but their default resin doesn't match (pink is too pink and yellow is... too yellow) - If one wants to go for DFH, then I'd suggest asking a custom resin match for Volks NS as that's quite close. All Iple bodies also work after a neck sanding job, except for HID (the neck is too thick even after sanding to look good, at least to my tastes).

7. Oh new thread! :)

@vauhtikatti - Thanks for all the body info! I have various Iple and SJ bodies I can start with for now. I will also work on her faceup. I'm happy to have found her.

Oh, one thing I was really impressed about with the old Vivian head...several eyes I tried in her fit like a dream! And were so easy to maneuver in the socket. So much nicer than Iple and SJ and Soom eye-sockets.

8. @vauhtikatti Your collection is amazing, all look great. Not long ago i saw photos of Canary smiling and i fell in love with her. It's there any chance to order it? Fantasia site seems quite dead, i tried to find their kakaotalkID and didn't managed.

9. I would not recommend ordering from Fantasia for the time being, even if the site has resurfaced with yet another URL (fantasiaui.com). They have updated it at least in January this year, so something's happening there. It seems like they are trying to get back into business at least in Korea, but the site has nothing in English. As far as I know, those people who did not receive their orders from the last 2020/2021 preorder haven't been compensated or sent their dolls (please correct me if you have been!). Fantasiadoll has already done the disappearing trick twice and left some items undelivered both times (albeit the first time it was just CoAs and gift heads as far as I know), so it seems rather risky to buy from them especially if they don't come back around to first right the pending orders and promises before beginning to take new orders.

The new dolls aren't the same as the 2016-2017 ones, the heads are now bigger and bodies smaller - so one thing gone that I enjoyed about their past aesthetic. In my opinion we have enough of big headed slim ladies from a hundred other makers!

I would say that obtaining a smiling Canary is difficult. It's possible you saw the one that used to be mine, since I recently rehomed my Fantasia girls (quitting the hobby), and my friend got the smiley gal and has been actively posting her. :XD:Years ago, when I was searching for these dolls, I turned every rock, asked around, and made a list of the people who own a smiling Canary head or doll, and I could only establish three different ones that have been sold on any platform ever or otherwise been shown on social media. Including the one I had. It's the reason I got so into these dolls, I was quite tired of having dime-in-a-dozen dolls, so there was just something tempting about dolls that were near impossible to find another of.

10. @vauhtikatti Thank you for telling me this and warning about fantasia site, i sent an email, but if you said it's not safe, i won't pay any money. Taking people's money and not delivering dolls is very bad, they should fix that before taking more orders, that;s scamming.
      Yes, i also think that the doll i saw and liked it's the one you had, my friend, that shows it, told she got it recently and she warned me about fantesia too. I trust this friend very much, she has teach me many things since i know her as i am new in this hobby. So pity that fantesia is not doing good business and i am in love with their smiling canary :(
      Big heads doesn't bother me, but too slim or plump, feminine bodies i don't like, i am liking lately androgynus bodies, like those from Dollstown, or big, chuncky ones like 1/2 dolls from Dollmore, still that friend fault for liking big dolls :)

11. @Ishogai - I totally agree with @vauhtikatti as she is a resident expert (in my mind) on these dolls. I was tempted to order from Fantasia three or so years ago...but I'm glad I didn't. I have been able to acquire three of these doll second hand. So you just never know...keep your eyes open. :)

Two of my beauties since I'm here.:XD: Alice and Vivian.

[​IMG]Adelaide and Bebhinn by luluna33, on Flickr

12. @luluna They look gorgeous! Love how you've styled them! Vivian looks captivating with blue eyes.

13. Oh, thank you! I've had such fun photographing them! :whee: I just adore them so much! (Thank you! <3)
      Here's another of Vivian...just because I do love her so.

[​IMG]Bebhinn by luluna33, on Flickr

14. [​IMG]

#14 Ishogai, May 30, 2024
      Last edited: May 30, 2024
    15. Alice and Vivian are gorgeous, and i am sure that they look even better in person, just like the beautiful Canary that is with me now :)
      Pity that this site has an issue with photos.
      Thank you and @vauhtikatti for the warning, i will keep your words in mind and still wait for the chance to adopt a smiling Canary too.

#15 Ishogai, May 30, 2024
      Last edited: Jun 7, 2024
    16. @vauhtikatti @Ishogai I'm one of the people from the 2020 preorder who never got their order. Fantasia resurfaced about a year ago, saying they had my order ready to ship, but they disappeared again right after that. But you've given me fresh hope saying the site is active again, so I'll try again and see what happens! :)
      (Though to be honest after 3-1/2 years I'm not really interested in the doll anymore.)

17. @Alewife please update us if you hear back, maybe there are others also waiting who read this thread, and it would be good to know if they are willing to make things right.

If I remember correctly, back during the 2020 preorder my doll just popped up one day without any warning, they didn't write me to tell they shipped, nor told the tracking code (they didn't even respond anymore when I wrote my order had the wrong head). But just surprise-shipping an order over 3 years without checking with the customer would be quite risky, quite a few people could've moved addresses.

18. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks for mentioning that the site was active again!

19. @Alewife - My fingers are crossed in hopes you get your long-awaited doll!

20. Thank you :sweat