1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fantasy kids?

Jan 4, 2010

1. Hi, I'm just putting out a thread to ask who knows any Yo-SD dolls with animal parts, a la Soom's MDs? I've got a friend who wants to get one, but doesn't want to make her wallet cry through Soom, and Peapod's the only other place we know, and we're looking for other venues -- she'd like to doll an animal other than a faun, and definitely not a unicorn. Not really sure where to put this, wither, forgive me. ^^"
      So --Who sells Yo-SD size dolls with the 'fantasy' parts, or just the parts?
      Thanks,
      Blue

2. Oops double post, sorry. :sweat

3. Maybe wait and see what else Peapod comes out with? And B&G has a couple of them. :)

4. bump for Monday

5. I know Domadoll has some centaurs which I believe are 26cm (they may be a little bit larger or smaller but they're definitely tinies). Bambicrony had bumblebee elves for sale a little while ago but the order period has closed for them now... I'm not sure if many will be available on the secondhand market though, it seems like there weren't so many people ordering them. Fairyland has done a couple of Littlefee faceplates (Pukisha is a cat face and there's a fox faceplate as an event gift right now) but I don't think they've done fantasy body parts beyond magnetic wings. If winged dolls appeal there are the aforementioned Bambicrony elves and Littlefee, as well as Soom's non-limited Teenie Gems (they also have animal ears and batwing/angelwing ears), and Volks Yo-Tenshi... possibly a few more that I don't know as well. Souldoll has Soul Sweet Lappy which is again human-bodied but has various magnetic tails and ears. Leeke has sold a variety of magnetic parts in various sizes, mostly ears, horns, and wings.

Aside from Soom and Domadoll they're mostly just add-on parts for human-bodied dolls, but perhaps some of these might spark your friend's interest. :) I think more fantasy dolls and more fantasy parts will come out with time, but for now it's mostly Soom.

ETA: There are also tons of splits for the Soom dolls when they're up for sale, and a lot of people are buying just the parts they're interested in and using them for hybrids with other dolls and other fantasy parts, so that's always an option. For dolls that have already been released you still see some sales for just the part in the marketplace as well.

6. EDIT: Oops! Saw you're looking for Yo-SD sized. I posted some smaller sized dolls. My apologies!

7. PeppermintPocky - that's fine, i don't know if she'd consider dolling smaller or not, so no harm done!

8. Oh! Well just in case, I'll mention LatiDoll.

In the past their Lati Yellows (and Lati Yellow SP) have been released as Dragons, Angels, Demons/Vampires, Bunnies, Kitties, Elves, Sheep, Unicorns. Those would need to be purcased on the secondary market, though.

They also plan to release Ninjas next (don't know if those include fantasy parts). If she likes their style, you could keep an eye on them for future fantasy releases.

http://latidoll.com/2007_en/

Good luck! :thumbup