1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fat bottom girls or busty babes?

Aug 1, 2018

1. Or maybe both? As far as female doll Aesthetics go what are some of your favorite female sculpts that feature stand outish secondary sex characteristics? I've noticed a lot of sculpts the girls seem rather slim with an average of c cup breasts in the 1/4 and 1/3 sizes. I am on the lookout for a 1/4 girl sculpt with thicker hips and larger butt. Nothing too exaggerated, so realistic, just different from what I normally see in the average 1/4 female sculpts.

I also imagine clothing options may slim down a bit for dolls with non average body features.

2. I think it's a bit of both for me! I enjoy the cis female form in all of it's interpretations, but I do love me an exaggerated hourglass figure. Honestly, large breasts and hips are certainly appealing to me. I personally love the dolls that have a 'glamour bust' option and I know some people aren't keen on the perfectly round push up boobs, but I'm a big fan. xD

My favourite female sculpted body that has an hourglass figure or a larger option for their bust is definitely the 26F Classic Dollshe body. I just love it and I hope to own one someday. :D

3. I love both!! I love the way the souldoll kid body looks , and little Monica body is up there too . Definitely love very busty ladies and nice round hips and bottoms too .

4. Have you heard of HaruCasting's Maji? I'm not really good at doll breast cup sizing, but she's maybe a big C or middle D. And her thighs... They're amazing. I think the phrase is thicc. I've only been able to get her into stretchy pants.

To answer your question, I have both. My Doll Leaves girls are pear shaped, and I thought my AquariusDoll Sia was glamorous before I saw Maji. I guess it's just nice to have a nice body to look at, since I don't really like mine. Plus, she has big thighs like I do, so it's fun to dress her up in clothes I'd never be able to wear.

5. Aesthetically, I do love hourglass-shaped bodies! I've liked the look of Raccoon Doll's "Glamorous" body for a while, but scale-wise, one wouldn't fit in my crew. Maybe it'll work for you?

Glamorous woman body

(Plus, they're having a sale!)

6. I was gonna suggest Maji but @toratsubasa beat me to it :XD: There's a reason Haru refers to her as "Hulk Butt" :lol:

7. I love wide hips! They're one of my favorite features and something I've noticed that often works its way into my drawings! Any breast size is fine but I usually prefer the hips wide even better with long legs

8. Consider Iplehouse Original FID and Raccoon Doll (Glamourous or Slim both have wide hips and thick thighs). Original JID also has pretty wide hips and offers a large (glamour) bust option. FID and Raccoon Doll have fairly long legs and Raccoon a pretty narrow chest while JID is more average in proportions.

#8 zillx, Aug 1, 2018
      Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    9. There's Freakstyle's Salome, as well as Summerbird's Viola!

10. Seconding Freakstyle Salome. I wish there were more 50cm+ female bodies that were curvy without having freakishly thin, overly long legs.
      Edit: I just looked up Viola and she's gorgeous! Thanks @PencilsAndPaper. The 2nd Viola pre-order will begin August 21st, just a few weeks!

#10 ker246, Aug 2, 2018
      Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    11. I have to admit, I kind of envy my IpleHouse EID girl's proportions... Kes has the smaller of the two bust options (So, she's just in bombshell-territory rather than sporting truly epic "Vast tracts of land", so to speak. :lol: ), but she's still curvy enough to look good in practically everything. Her shape is pretty balanced top-to-bottom. 'Classic hourglass, I guess you could say.

I prefer that to having either the doll's bust or their bum alone substantially larger than the other. I'm also fond of less curvy, more androgynous girl body sculpts, too. They're an interesting visual change of pace, and it's fun to have a few Flappers in the crew along with the Pin-up Girls.

12. I like a good balance. Wide hips are nice, if she has a large bust to go with it. I love an hour glass figure, like Iplehouse large and glamour bust girls! A more slender hourglass like Dreaming Doll Elva or Supia old 58cm SJ body is perfect too. I'm not crazy about the pear trend, or a huge bust with skinny body, but I would make exceptions for the right sculpt. For example, I really like Dollmore Zaoll, who has wider hips and thighs with a smaller bust.

13. I generally like slim doll bodies but the pear shape of my UNOSS is really pretty to me. It’s hard to find pants for her and luckily she prefers dresses and skirts.
      I have 3 reasonably full-busted girls (Souldoll Zenith with the older body) and as soon as I get brave enough, at least 2 are getting reductions.
      For more true scale mature dolls with more womanly figures in the 1/4 size, I’d look at the DollShe fashion line and be prepared to sew.

14. I love wide hips on dolls, but if I had to choose between the two, I'd go busty. There have been a few dolls I saw second hand I almost bought for the face, but passed because they had really small chests and I couldn't easily buy a replacement. :sweat

The obvious exception for me is childlike dolls, I don't care on those really as long as they're cute!

15. Pear shaped dolls own my whole heart! I love wider hips/heavier bottoms and smaller chests paired together. I also think really large chests can look a little bit silly

16. I've only got one girl, and she's a pear-shape because I chose Impldoll's smaller bust for her. I didn't want her smuggling melons in her bra (which she doesn't even wear anyway), but she now looks like she's got a couple small ones stuffed in the seat of her pants!! :XD:

I'm, of course, joking. She doesn't look that bad fully clothed. In fact, I like her shape. She just makes her boyfriend look like more of a stick insect than he does without her...

17. I LOVE pear shaped BJDs. There's a lillycat doll (but can't remember the name of) that has the look I love, and of course Villitunes dolls have super wide hips. I'm sure they would be really hard to sew for, though

18. Both are nice, I'm just happy to see more variety in body types...I love the hourglass figure a lot of dolls have but it's nice being able to see others (and hopefully even more in the future). At this point I care more about posability and finding clothing, I like how the Iplehouse bodies look but the posing leaves a lot to be desired and clothes aren't the easiest to find for the size. Aesthetics versus practicality, I suppose.

#18 Mysstarry, Aug 6, 2018
      Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    19. No I hadn't but thanks for telling me, I just googled it and fell in love :love. I have an Asleep eidolon lemon girl her breasts are a bit more on the average side and more naturally but she has a more supple frame versus my other girl who is a Mystic Kids Evelyn (who is very thin with c size implant like breasts :mwahaha)

20. I think that is the only thing that has kept me from investing in a pear shaped bodied doll. I just started to learn how to use the sewing machine.