1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite animal-themed or kemonomimi dolls?

Aug 7, 2022

1. I'm curious to hear about everyone's favorite animal-themed/kemonomimi dolls!! (If you own/have pictures of them, please feel free to share!!) I really love chibi kemonomimi dolls that have little digitigrade legs and/or paws, I think they look soooo cute. :)

For myself, I really love Miracle Doll's Mad Rabbit BJD for my favorite "animal themed" BJD (he's sooooo cool and super unique!), and for kemonomimi dolls, I really like Sio2's Niangao and Ragdoll!

2. My favorite is my Dream Valley Zhao. He's got digigrade legs!
      [​IMG]

But I have quite a few other animal/kemonomimi dolls such as.....
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also have a Dream Valley Scar on the way so I'll have a digigrade 1/3 soon. Of animal/kemonomimi dolls I don't have, Luts Griffon Lio is a grail.

3. I did not know the word kemonomimi but I do now! So thank you :XD:

I really liked mad rabbit too. I was sad I didn't pre-order him. There is a dream valley called coco with similar body type as far as dolls go, and I really like that one too, but it's a very different vibe more of the traditional anthro bjd cute style, which, is my favorite. Probably my favorite ever anthro is the soom frog/toad. But in general I really love everything by pipos, dearmine, cocoriang, I liked Cocotribe too but I guess they are gone now, and doll factory had a bunch of cool anthros. (Luts makes them too, zuzu delf) :whee: oh and Aileen doll! If dragons count in this discussion
      Right now I actually own coco tribe wake up ruby and dearmine Picasso classic and they are both extremely cute.
      I love digigrade legs too but sadly I have no dolls with them...

4. I adore these types of dolls! They’re so perfect for my fantasy doll world, where all sorts of exciting creatures exist in my imagination alongside the human ones (similar to a Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland vision.) I have examples from Soom, Doll Chateau, DearMine, Sio2, Pipos, and certainly Luts is a particular favorite.:)

I have a Luts in every size: 65cm Elf Storm (he has hooves as well), 1/4 Kid Delf Corni, 1/6 Zuzu Delf Miyo, and 1/8 Tiny Delf Unicorn Elf Bell.

[​IMG]

#4 PoeticSoul, Aug 8, 2022
      Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    5. My whole collection is the fault of a certain Nekomimi that has been a very bad influence on all my decision making for the last 13+ years. She is off topic (small Obitsu), so I can't post her pic here though. I have several on topic anthro/kemonomimi dolls though including a Pukisha, a Nobility doll Scon, a Mushroom peddler singe, and a Dreamhigh Roley Moley, among others.

6. Ah, I didn't realise cocotribe were gone. o_o It doesn't feel like that long ago that I ordered my Ailuoluo.

BTW Doll Factory have reopened their English language store, after it being closed for so long! They don't have as many dolls as they used to though. (Notable missing ones are shikal, duckie dew, and some like the special mermaid version of their unicorn)

Most of my collection is animal or anthro dolls! XD I like Pipos, Cocoriang, Doll Factory, and would like more Dear Mine dolls. I really want one of their giraffes, but I never get the timing right. I have a lot of pets from Dream Valley, and Sakura and Paper. Plus I got a crew of foxes from Dream Valley XD I'm dying to have space to work on them!

imo we need more bird dolls! Doll Family A has one, but it might be awkward to get/I'm not sure if it's still available (it was called Chi Chi.) I just really like birds ^^;

7. Zhao is so adorable, I love the digitigrade legs and the articulated tail!!! Also WOW Griffon Lio is so cute!!!! I think my favorite out of everyone you posted is Kid Delf Centaur, though. She's so lovely!!! I wish I saw more centaur BJDs, they're always so lovely and unique :3nodding:

YAY I'm happy to help hehe!! And OHHHHHH Dream Valley Coco is SO cute!!!!!!! :chibi:aheartbea I honestly might try to get Coco as my first "real" BJD-- the price isn't too bad at all, what a cute bunny BJD!!! I've gotta look up the other BJD makers you mentioned, too. I picked 2 to look up at random and I'm already loving the dolls I'm seeing from Pipos and Cocoriang, I can't wait to look through all of the makers you mentioned!!!! :)

I'm already becoming a huge fan of Lutz dolls from the mentions I've seen in this thread alone, their dolls look so adorable!!! :D How do you like the Sio2 dolls? I've actually had my eye on them for a long time (a few years, I think), I've had the short doll with the kitty paws (Ragdoll I think?) in my favorites for a long time, and their other dolls look lovely too!!

Oh I understand completely!! I actually started looking into BJDs again after a few years because I'd started doing customization/mix and match with Nendoroids / Obitsus, and I have a little Azone gal as well. :) But let me get back on topic, haha. Pukisha is so cute, I love their little nose!!! And Roley Moley is SO CUTE???? I didn't think I'd ever see a mole BJD, omg, I love them!!!!! :aheartbea

8. Ohh, I need to do some more digging on Doll Factory's BJDs, I'm seeing a few with a fast search and they all look adorable!! (Their otter has such a cute face!!) More bird BJDs would be so nice-- I would kill for a nice little crow BJD!!! :kitty1 Fingers crossed you have space to work on those Dream Valley foxes soon!!! :)

9. OHHHHH what a darling!!! I LOVE their little fangs!!!!! :D

10. I have two OT anthros (a bunny girl and a fox girl) but I'm looking to add some more that are On-Topic. I love Catish sculpts; my dream is to one day get some Catish Rheas in my life. I'd settle for some Luts also, especially the zuzu delfs since they're so cute. Anthros are definitely an aesthetic choice for me since none of them represent a character yet. Especially as so many are tiny enough to travel, anthros are just something fun I'd like to have more of one day.

11. I adore the faces of the Sio2 dolls, and their resin is of a lovely quality. I find them to be very expressive and cute! I have one that they did as a special for a shop called Crazy Bear. She’s my little anime bear I named CandyPop.:aheartbea

[​IMG]

12. Oh, Catish Reaa is so cute, I love their little kitty nose and the little :3 looking shape to their upper lip!!! <3

OH how cute!!! (I LOVE the pastels, they look so lovely!!!! :chibi:aheartbea) I know I’ve been thinking about getting a Sio2 and the wait times have been putting me off from putting an order in, but maybe I’ll finally bite the bullet and get one here soon. :)

13. I really adore the Dearmine dolls! All of the dolls in the lover line are so gorgeous. My favourite would have to be the Priscilla sculpt!

14. There are so many and while I don't own one yet, I keep searching for the one to bring home. Anthro dolls are what really got me invested in the hobby, specifically the DearMine dolls.