1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite BJD Fashion Styles?

May 31, 2019

1. I recently got into the Japanese fashion, Lolita and with ILD (International Lolita Day) right around the corner, it got me wondering about BJD fashion! What is your favorite fashion style for your dolls?

I was quite overjoyed when I found lolita style BJD clothing on Etsy! My heart sings =^_^= Surprisingly enough, I also really like Punk/Gothic fashion styles on my dolls as well. I can totally mix the two hehe.

Miyoami's favorite outfit is this gothic lolita dress paired with boots (which I also have some that look just like this...we should twin, eh?)

Share your photos of favorite BJD fashion!

[​IMG]

2. I've got probably four main fashion styles I really like on BJDs! (Most of dolls are fantasy dolls so I really enjoy dressing my 'human' dolls in thes fashion styles!)

Mori Girl
      [​IMG]

Lolita (specifically Pirate Lolita)
      [​IMG]

Decora
      [​IMG]

Yami Kawaii/Menhera
      [​IMG]

An honorable mention because it's not technically a fashion style; I also love anything that resembles a sailor uniform :XD:
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Oh so many! All of my dolls/OCs have a different fashion sense but I tend to gravitate towards stylish, modern, every-day clothing that expresses their own style and themes!
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

I also really adore tailored-wear like uniforms and suits and some fantasy styles like when people have yokai themed BJDs, angels, or ancient royalty with lots of pretty jewelry and flowing sheer fabrics~ :love

4. i sadly dont have pics yet but i lean towards, decora,lolita,cult party kei and devil/angel/fantasy esk aesthetics , i really hope cult party kei picks up in popularity in the bjd community like decora and lolita did its such a cute trend

5. Late 19th/Early 20th Century:
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Teddy

6. I really like sleek, modern looks and really layered kind of bohemian style outfits, but I have an appreciation for Lolita and decora fashion.

7. I really like the “little forest child” look and all its variations. I tend to stay away from things that look overly modern.

8. I looooove the look of vintagey "vampire" styles (what comes to mind is the singer Kamijo) with cross motifs and lots of red and gold, but I somehow deviated into regular ol' visual kei. Every single one of my dolls managed to acquire a black/white/silver outfit. Maybe I'll eventually get it right. In fact, I plan to order a second Mystic Kids Tremmel, but blank to be a child version of one of my characters. I might order his default outfit with him...:kitty1

9. Modern casual. This house has so many doll jeans, graphic tees, tank tops, shorts and sneakers.

10. My favorites are modern, lolita, & victorian! Especially victorian - I love it on both boys and girls.

11. I have no pictures to share, but overall... yes. To all fashions.

I love the vintage goth look that was very popular from when I first joined, with the big boots and accessories. Of course, anything punk or goth will get my attention. Pyramid spikes, regular spikes, chains, extraneous straps that exist for the Aesthetic, fishnets... My 90's and early 00's goth self will never truly die.

Steampunk and Victorian fashions have always been my weakness. Corsets and waistcoats and top hats and bustles. Little veils on little hats? I've the vapors!

High fantasy style outfits will never not be amazing. Flowing or skintight, taking inspiration from a multitude of cultures.

Post-apocalyptic fashions are just wonderful. I can never get enough of the lightweight-looking cloth in neutral tones of brown and tan, with bits of dark grey or cream. Anything that looks like you're trying to survive in a wasteland.

Business formal are my real weakness. Bodycon dresses, pencil skirts, and stilettos matched with sleek suits with ties and vests? Bonus points if you find a way to punk it out while still sticking to the original aesthetic. Hello, work wardrobe.

Mori and fairy kei have a special place in my heart, along with pastel goth. Especially fairy kei and pastel goth.

12. I very new to the art but, I go for vintage cowgirl styles. I like making corsets. [​IMG]

13. It may not look like it, but my favorite fashion style for BJDs are punk rock and goth. I do plan on forming a BJD band with my friend for this reason. Though in actual, I have a lot of characters in my BJD family and their style / aesthetic depends on their character. I personally think this is better because it helps me to be versatile with styles and experiment a bit.

14. Middle Ages

15. "gothgoth" will always be my favorite, everything else will be a vain effort to break out of my preferred bubble .....

16. For male dolls, I like Asia style, especially Japan and Chinese old style.
      For girl dolls, I like lolita style. I love those lolita style dresses.

17. You should check out IAmSunnie shop on Etsy for Lolita style doll clothes; you'd LOVE them (great prices too!) @saitoyui

18. Mori, historical, formal, street fashion, things like that. I don't really have much fashion sense myself, so pitting together wardrobes is a little trial and error.

19. i love a lolita-esque look. But moreso just japanese and korean fashion and their more innocent looks. Airy/pink/youthful.

20. [​IMG] ;)