1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite BJD Jointed Hands?

Aug 26, 2020

1. I'm curious! As someone who actually doesn't own jointed hands and was thinking about buying some, I wanted to ask this question out of curiosity to see what people think! I actually had thought my doll came with jointed hands, but I guess I was wrong haha! BUT, that's not my issue. My issue is that his hands are so large to the point where I feel silly taking full-body photos of him. They're almost as big as his head and it makes putting on shirts an awful experience as well :?. Because of this, I need to buy him some new hands anyway and was hoping to find a good place to start with looking for some of the jointed ones :)

And explain why they're your favorite! Is it because of the sculpt's detail? The articulation? Etc!

2. I have jointed hands from impldoll and from dika doll and I cannot recommend the dika doll hands enough. They are prettier, they hold poses better and they don’t feel as oversized. The impldoll hands are fine, but they do tend to have a mind of their own, especially the thumb.

3. I don't have experience with full jointed hands, but I have an Dollzone nb56-001 body, and she has "half-jointed" fingers, and they aren't unruly at all and they aren't kicky. I love half-jointed hands. They're beautiful and functional, even if her fingers aren't fully jointed. Her finger sculpts are so cute I think it would hide the sculpt more if they were. Doll Chateau has hands just like hers and they're slimmer and more dainty looking over all, but they have male hands too. I do get really nervous dressing her, because you can't ball up her hands too good, and she still can't really hold anything that well, but I'm sure I could reshape her fingers a bit using the classic boiling technique to make her hold things.

4. I'm so glad to know the dikadoll hands are good considering my current boy is from dika as well! Makes it easy! :D I might consider doing that, thank you so much!

I actually had no clue that half jointed hands existed, so thank you for bringing this to my attention! I might have to give those two a look! :thumbup

5. watching this post! I am thinking about buying jointed hands too but I am not sure which company would match colors with my angell studio doll T.T

6. Soom! They cost so much, but I love them!! Other than Soom I've only owned hands from Dika Doll, Dollzone, Granado (their old ones, not the new ones), and Doll Chateau, so I don't have the most informed opinion, but in both looks and functionality Soom are the best I've owned. They stay in the poses I want, and they flip around into unnatural positions a lot less than the others. The thumb looks more natural too.

My favorite doll had Soom hands and when I upgraded his body, they no longer fit so I gave them to my other favorite/first doll to replace his old DK hands (my very first pair ever) and they were so much better. It was like I gave my first doll a new life lol
      I love them so much I am having a hard replacing them on the larger body - I'm afraid to spend money on hands I might not like as much, and I can't buy Idealian hands because they're never on sale.

7. I just got my 2nd pair of jointed hands. 1st was legend doll 70cm short nail with vein and now i have doll family A 68cm.

I have to say I love the Doll Family-A hands better than the LegendDoll hands out of the box.
      LD fingers can rotate easily in the palm joint since the knuckle is a straight cut. DFA, on the other hand (hah), has a cosine curve joint cut at the knuckles so the fingers don't rotate as freely in their sockets. This helps reduce the "broken hand" effect that many jointed hands end up in when not actively posed.
      Also LD fingers without any wiring like to be completely straight or completely bent at the joints. DFA joints hold those in-between, half bent angles and positions easily without any wiring.
      Finally, the connection of the LD fingers to the palm is more stark visually. Like 4 sticks out of a block while DFA fingers are positioned a little more closely and mesh well at the palm. This leads to a narrower hand in the DFA hands however. But the sculpting of the fingers and palms in DFA hands are more natural and visually pleasing. However if you don't like boney fingers, you might like the look of LD better.
      Not to say LD is bad in anyway. i took a good amount of pics playing around with LD hands. but now will be the time to play around with the DFA hands.
      Here's an album of pics comparing the two.

8. My favorite of hands I own are the Doll Legend 70+ hands. I have a pair of loongsoul hands too, and the doll legend look better having a curve in thier knuckles instead of a straight cut. They also pose better. I want to get the Granado jointed hands with the thinner fingers they released with the Zen body, those look quite nice.

9. Doll Legend do colour matching! Deffo ask a dealer or send them a message directly about your doll.

10. @bahboh that's a mad helpful comparison, thank you! I wish DF-A made them for MSD size too, would be nice to have some variety.

11. Universe Doll's jointed hands. :chocoheart
      The sculpting is very much my aesthetic with their long slender fingers, and the posing is excellent right out of the box.
      I also really like the sculpting of Soom's jointed hands, but have always found them a bit fussy to pose.

My second choice would be the LLT jointed glove hands. :chocoheart
      Again the sculpting is beautiful and detailed, and the posing is excellent.

12. I have three pairs of Spiritdoll's hands, one pair of Loongsoul hands, and once I had Dikadoll's hands. For me, Loongsouls is the best. It have great position and sculpt.
      And what about spiritdoll - I dont like joints of this hands,because it is unconfortable for position.
      But it sculpt looks great

13. Villitunes Lamoon. I Love how dainty and tiny they are. :D

14. I haven't gotten my girls with the jointed hands yet. I'm currently trying to find someone who makes them although because it's such a daunting task it's impossible. 2 of my male dolls' wrists are in a unique shape so no actual jointed hand will fit him that looks masculine. it sucks

15. I’m thinking about getting jointed hands in 1/3 from dika doll, which dolls have you hybrid yours with, that worked or didn’t?

16. I actually have them on my Dika Doll Chi, so I haven't used them as a hybrid.