1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Independent Doll Artists?

Jan 21, 2018

1. Hello everyone! :aheartbea
      I'm not sure if theres already a thread on this subject (I didn't find one), but does anyone have a favorite independent doll artist? :chibi
      Don't get me wrong, I love the big companies and all their beautiful dolls, but I was wondering about supporting independent artists! :) They tend to have such beautifully unique sculpts :aheartbea

Thank you!! <3

2. Youpladolls ( @Youpla ) and CrowBlackJay ( @CrowBlackJay )! Both make beautifully detailed dolls!

3. My favourite head sculptor is Switchum at Namonaki, who has done some excellent work for me over the past few years!

4. Merry Doll Round!! It's really hard for me to like female dolls, but hers are just outstanding <3

5. ENAIBI DEFINETLY!:D:aheartbea Im a total fangirl of this creator. Actually is hard to obtain one of them but in the future I hope she will do another preorder.
      I leave you here her facebook page: Enaibi
      Instagram: ℕ (@atelier_enaibi) • Instagram photos and videos
      and her flickr: Enaibi
      I hope you enjoy her dolls as much as i do :)

6. I second YouplaDolls (I especially love and own her boys but her girls are very beautiful too).
      I also like IrrealDoll (I hope she will someday do a second MSD boy ^_^) and LittleRebel with her unique heads.
      YukiDolls has also a great style but unfortunately until now I don't own one of her creations. =_=
      There are so many more interesting artists.

7. Donn Kinney of Bishonen House dolls, he does everything himself from concept to sculpting, casting, and finished products or kits. I have three of his guys with two on order and going to pick another one in a couple of months.

My latest from him.

[​IMG]Logan Arrived by Marie, on Flickr
      He has like five different expressions.

8. Kaye Wiggs girls. Her sculpts are always so adorable and the dolls are beautifully made.

9. I love Harucasting's Adori and Nanni - the cutest YOSDs out there (IMO), and Little Rebel has some beautiful heads (just purchased Aleksander) and there is a new artist Meeksdoll (on Instagram) - I can't wait to get her Murphy head!

10. #10 GreenTeaSlug, Jan 21, 2018
      Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    11. Little Rebel! She does amazing lips. And noses. And cheekbones... pretty much amazing everything.

12. If you search Etsy you will find a few. I have one on order from a Russian artist. She's so nice to deal with!
      SomniaDolls is her shop.

13. FOVEO is my favorite independent artist company. All the dolls are sculpted by Samieru. See her works here: [상품명]

14. My favourite independent artists are @AubreyMeeksArt (meeksdoll on Instagram), Little Rebel (littlerebeldoll on Instagram) and @Rumpelstiltskin (rumpeldoll in insta)! I am lucky enough to own a head from 2 of them and can't wait to get my hands on Meeksdoll Murphy when he is released :love

15. Dr.mes of dollpamm!! the dolls are cute and the artist does almost all the doll work themselves!

16. Asella (Noble Dolls) and Atelier Momoni. Asella's dolls are crazy gorgeous (I can't wait for my Raspberry to get here :dance ), and I love how expressive Atelier Momoni's dolls are.

17. I am finding this thread to be very interesting. I'm checking out each artist mentioned. It would be NICE if you had a photo of one of the dolls mentioned to put it with them as well..

18. Mishi’s Doll! The dolls are so cute and the artist is really nice to work with!

19. @foolbot / plasticmoon will forever be my favorite individual artist... Mr. Charming, my Mr Kitty, always makes me so happy... He's honestly such an amazing, special little guy!

[​IMG]

20. These three all make SD heads, and I love the style of all of them.

Les Enfants Terribles. Les Enfants Terribles
      Nabarro's Boys though they seem to have stopped making new heads lately.
      Demiurgedolls Demiurge Dolls

#20 Prinsessen, Jan 21, 2018
      Last edited: Jan 21, 2018