1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Favourite buying/selling stories- the good & bad

Dec 20, 2020

1. I ordered a DollZone Stramonium fullset through an European dealer, got a DollZone Tulip fullset instead. Both were a Dollzone doll that shared the same fairy like body, just 2 different heads/sculpts. So both ladies were a unique line from DollZone, I guess that's how they messed up?

Because of this, I got the Stramonium head and fullset items send after and got to keep the Tulip head and fullset items too. Now owning both sculpts and their fullsets. My Stramonium got another body though.

The dealer gave me the choice to:

Either order the fullset outfit and wig for me on their behalf and the tramonium head and do a free face-up on her

Get the blank stramonium head and her fullset outfit and wig, and just accept them without her face-up AND keep the Tulip fullset

Keep the Tulip fullset and get a partial refund

Wasn't hard to decide for me! I felt very fortunate to eventually own both lovely sculpts with their signature outfits :aheartbea

Also, one time I bought a soom Feny and Necy secondhand from a DOA member and they send me such an adorable card and some freebies with them. I love cards. I still have it stashed in their box. It's such a simple thing but it made me extra happy opening the box!

2. I bought a doll second hand on the DoA Marketplace that had just sat in its bag (that company doesn't do doll boxes). I was surprised to get him with some clothes. After I'd had him a while and hadn't done anything with him, I sold him to another DoA member who got him face-upped and in a wig within about a week. I love seeing pictures of him, as it's clear he's gone to someone who's done so much more with him than I managed. I kept one of the pieces of clothing for my dolls, and sent the rest with him onto his new owner.