1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback for Honig Doll

Jul 8, 2008

1. http://honigdoll.com/

What did you order?
      Some various 60cm clothes.

When did you order?
      I ordered a bit more than a week ago, in late June.

How was the communication?
      Communication was excellent. They let me know when my eCheck cleared and when they shipped it, and asked that I let them know when it arrived.

How easy was it to pay?
      I had no problems at all.

How long did it take to ship?
      Very fast! As soon as my eCheck cleared, actually. They shipped on Thursday, Friday was a holiday, and it arrived on Monday.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes! The quality is very very nice. :3 The shirts are soft and well-made, and the dress I got is amazing for the price.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes, I think they look even better in person.

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Yes! The clothes were a bit big on my Luts girl, but it's nothing I'm not used to.

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      There were no issues. <3

2. I am the first person to buy their first doll, Sidra the Witch :)

THE REVIEW

Wait time: Pretty quick, under the 40 working days stated

Postage: Not marked down, but it escaped customs anyway- becasue all but the address was in Chinese!

Packaging: Excellent- in her carry case, in her sleeping bag, and securely wrapped in bubblewrap and face protector

Clothes: Amazing- equal to dollheart, no really, outstanding quality

Wig: Pretty nice, a lot of product on to keep the curls but fits and falls really nicely and the produce brushes out of the fringe for aofter look- lovely and thick wig

THE DOLL ITSELF
      : First off her face is lovely, so pretty and she has lovely glass eyes and a well done face up.

Resin: nice and smooth, not thin (not volks quality obviously!) even throughout- a little lumpy in the ball joints but this is a HAND CAST doll.

a few tiny pock marks- easy to sand out

finishing: This is where the doll is let down- the ball joint on the knees especially is a little 'bumpy' with a few scratch marks round the knee. All ball joints are a little un-smooth but the knees are the most noticeable.

Hands: one hand is poorly sculpted, in my opinion, the fingers are a little fat and the nails not 'flat'- This hand will need sanding for my liking.

Mobility: her arms cannot bend much, almost to 45 degrees- very old style. her hand do not move up and down, only side to side, I have seen this with cheaper dolls, my Bobobie doll has little mobility at the wrist too- so I expected this- it doesn't bother me too much. You can see this in the promo pics, so I was expecting this 'design'.

Her legs are great, study standing and sitting and the have an extra swivel joint so she has extra mobility for posing. Can sit with her legs bend up and bent out.

Seems strange that they have spent time to do this but not made the hands more mobile.

OVERALL
      : They need to look into smoothing ball joints and need to re cast one hand- in my opinion.

For a pretty cheap limited fullset she doesn't let you down but there are 'errors' I need to change for my satisfaction.

She is, however, totally hypnotizing to look at, small and cute in stature and a little heat breaker!

Honig were fantastic dealing with my complaints they were apologetic and asked for help in making their doll better. They are working with me and I am providing detailed photos. They have promised they will talk to their sculpter. They have also made a small compensation deal with me- their customer service is fantastic!

I will be keeping an eye on this company for them growing and improving.

Clothes, however, are top quality already!

3. I ordered Sidra as well and while she is an excellent doll and really lovely (and stole my mom's heart right away!) I too have a few issues with her.

The arms on my girl don't bend at the elbows at all, nor do the wrists really move. The knee joints don't fit together properly either.

Do I regret buying her? NO! She is adorable! The clothes she came with are amazing and her legs pose in a great variety of sitting positions which I really like!

Mine doesn't have any air bubbles and the slightly lumpy hands doen't really bother me. I do wish I'd known she was hand cast so I would have had different expectations. But I'm really happy to be one of the 10 lucky people to own her :)

She has no seam lines!! Which is awesome! I was happy with that. The resin is nice, a little on the plasticy side but a good normal color. My girl does have a tiny white spot on her knee but it's not really important.

I really hope to see more dolls from Honig!

Their customer service is wonderful.

They didn't mark the package value down but US customs doesn't seem to charge anything... I don't really know how all that works as I've never been charged anything for any order from overseas. I also did not request them to mark it down.

4. What did you order?
      An SD sized dress

When did you order?
      Early August

Excellent. They originally didn't have Australian shipping as an option, but they replied to my email request quickly, and set it up within the day.

How easy was it to pay?
      Easy via paypal

Very fast. They shipped it via regular air mail, and it took only five days.

Very much so. The set was only $35 and was made really well.

Yes exactly

Definitely. I'm looking forward to buying more from them.

5. I ordered a mini-sized dress from Honig Doll about a week and a half ago (the 60's dress in red), and it arrived today.

The quality was excellent for the price, I would still consider the quality good at twice the price, to be honest.

Ordering and payment was very easy- I paid with Paypal and they had a payment button right on the site. Shipping was only $4 via Airmail! They offered EMS as well, but for such a cheap item, EMS would have been a large percentage of the price so I chose airmail, it arrived in just over a week anyway.

I was very pleased with what I got and would definitely order again!

6. I recently ordered the Limited White Sparkle set.

It is absolutely stunning- the work in it is amazing and it is fantastic quality for the price. I hope they continue to produce at these prices and not put their prices up!

Great communication and very well packaged :)

7. What did you order?
      Two 1/3 girl clothes

When did you order?
      Last week.

Great and they are friendly.

How easy was it to pay?
      I paid by Paypal.

Less than a week.

Yup, the dresses were lovely and well-made.

Yup, exactly the same.

Yup, I will definitely buy from them again. :fangirl:

8. What did you order?
      Music Alice 1/3 dress
      When did you order?
      Sept. 25, 2008
      Excellent they let me know the recieved payment and when my item was shipped
      How easy was it to pay?
      easy...paypal
      3 days :)
      absolutley, the dress is very well made along with the hat and socks
      exactly
      yes...Francis and I both :aheartbea the dress
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?