1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback for Or-Doll

Dec 24, 2012

1. Feedback for Or-Doll

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Were there any missing or broken items in your order?
      * If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them?
      * Would you order from this company again?

Stick to the facts!

2. * What did you order? Orlando in normal skin with a face-up by Kingnut Schaffer
      * When did you order? 10-9-2015, received Dec. 8, 2015
      * How was the communication? Very good
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy
      * How long did it take to ship? Less than two weeks to the NYC area
      * Were there any missing or broken items in your order? No, he was carefully packed.
      * If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them? No problems and the face-up is gorgeous! It took a little longer to receive my Orlando because of the face-up but it was definitely worth the wait. And the wait was still a lot shorter than other companies.
      * Would you order from this company again? Absolutely.

3. * What did you order? Azuma White-Skin head
      * When did you order? July 14th 2015, received March 14th 2016
      * How was the communication? Surly, lackadaisical, unprofessional, and unhelpful. I had to chase her for a response to every email.
      * How easy was it to pay? Almost impossible.
      * How long did it take to ship? Nearly 8 months
      * Were there any missing or broken items in your order? The wooden box others' heads have come in, a COA, any real packaging materials.
      * If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them? Poorly. As I was unable to order through the website, I emailed her for assistance. And then had to chase her (through email, the website and Facebook) for a Paypal invoice for the head, which she didn't send at first. And then I had to chase her for an invoice for the shipping. Then, 2 months later she realized I hadn't paid for the head. And then she cut contact. In November, she told me I emailed her too much (once every month is too much?), don't contact her again until January, when the head would be ready. In February, I finally contacted her again, where apparently she just shoved a spare head in a mailing box and sent it to me, along with a pair of really tiny eyes.
      * Would you order from this company again? Never. Not at all. Not if it could stave off Ragnarok. Not if that was the only thing that kept me alive.

4. I just realized I never posted anything about the order I placed!

* What did you order? Hakurin normal skin head
      * When did you order? February 10th 2015, received April 17th 2015
      * How was the communication? Slow, and I was never really sure that I was fully understood.
      * How easy was it to pay? I sent directly through Paypal, so that part was easy
      * How long did it take to ship? about 2 months
      * Were there any missing or broken items in your order? Everything was OK; the head was wrapped well, and inside a wood box
      * If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them? I didn't have any problems with my head, I was just a little anxious in working out the transaction. If I remember correctly, Rene was taking preorders with a deposit. I wanted to pay in full right away, with shipping, as I had all the money then, and didn't want to end up needing to finish paying for it if I didn't have the money later. I emailed to ask first, and Rene said it was OK and gave me a total. I placed an order on the website, then sent the payment through Paypal, with a note of the order number, the head/resin color, my name, and my shipping address, all of which I also included in my order form on the website. When the heads had been cast after the preorder, she emailed me to ask for all of my information again, including my address so she could get the shipping fee. I responded to give it all again, and remind her that I had paid in full already, including shipping. I even gave the Paypal transaction number and email I sent payment with. I did not get a response to that email, and asked again a week after that. She did respond to that one a few days later, to give me a tracking number.
      * Would you order from this company again? Maybe, if there was a head I really, really liked. But I would probably weigh my options, as the process was a little haphazard in my opinion.

5. * What did you order? Azuma, Sae, and Orlando heads.
      * When did you order? Late December 2015.
      * How was the communication? NO communication. I tried several times to contact them through the site.
      * How easy was it to pay? Impossible. Shipping charges were around to $1000 per head. I could not resolve it.
      * How long did it take to ship? Unable to complete the order.
      * Were there any missing or broken items in your order? Unable to complete the order.
      * If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them? Unable to complete the order.
      * Would you order from this company again? I would if I could.

I ended up finding the heads I was looking for on eBay from a seller I was familiar with. I bought them that way. I was not able to communicate or get any response from OR-Doll. The heads I got through eBay were spectacular, so it is very frustrating OR-Doll is so difficult to deal with.

(I am re-posting this since I got confused and posted an Iplehouse review here. This was indeed my experience with OR-Doll.)