1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback for Softtnite

Jan 30, 2009

1. Hello :) I bought a Feeple60 body from Softnite and she sent it quickly, and wrapped very well. What more can I say except she was lovely to deal with and so nice!!! I'd buy from her again anytime :D

2. I purchased a Minifee Shushu from softtnite and in the end everything did work out. I however probably will not be purchasing from them again and would consider this neutral feedback.

Here is a timeline of everything that happened during the transaction.

June 27th: I paid for Shushu on June 27th, and received a reply quickly saying the money was received and she would be in the mail by Saturday the 30th.
      June 30th: Received a reply saying there was a family accident and the doll wouldn't be able to be shipped until Monday July 2nd.
      July 3rd: No word from Softtnite so I sent a follow up checking in.
      July 5th: I hear from Softtnite that she wasn't able to get the doll in the mail before she went out of town for the holiday. I'm given a tracking number and asked to confirm the address since paypal was changing the name of the town. I respond and confirm the address.
      July 9th: After checking the tracking number I realize it hasn't reached the post office still, so I send a follow up to Softtnite who replies that day letting me know she lost track of the original shipping label so had to generate a new one. She lets me know she's been having a hard time which is the cause of the delays.
      July 11th: I get the new tracking number from Softtnite.
      July 12th: Doll arrives in her Fairyland box. The box itself was wrapped well in bubble wrap and brown paper. However upon opening the box I realize that the doll had a rough journey. The top foam piece that comes with fairyland boxes and goes over the doll was missing, so the doll was likely crashing into the hard lid of the box the entire journey, as there was only bubble wrap around her hands. There was no face mask to protect the faceup, and her head was backwards upon opening it up. She was a bit dirty, and her faceup got some damage during transit since there was no face mask or anything to protect it. I also let softtnite know that the CoA that was listed on the original listing as missing from the box. She replied that day letting me know that the realized she forgot the CoA, and also knew she didn't include a face mask but didn't think it would be a problem during shipping. She says she will send the CoA before Monday the 16th.
      July 20th: I haven't heard anything still at this point so I send a message asking if the CoA has shipped.
      July 23rd: Still no word so I send another follow up.
      July 26th: Still nothing so I send another follow up and let them know I am opening a paging thread.
      July 28th: I hear from Softtnite who lets me know she has been sick and will let me know by Monday the 30th that it has shipped.
      August 1st: Softtnite lets me know the CoA is in the mail.
      August 8th: I have the CoA and post in the paging thread that in can be closed.

I know Softtnite hasn't been well during this entire transaction, and I do feel bad about that, however this is the longest a transaction I have had on DoA has ever taken for me which at times had me really nervous because I didn't know what was happening. I do believe that she meant to have everything proceed more smoothly and that other circumstances got in the way. I don't think people should ever worry that they won't receive what they purchase from her, I just think buyers should be aware that things may move more slowly than you are used to. I also was very disappointed with the packaging of the doll, especially since it resulted in damage during shipping.

3. (I apologize in advance for whomever is reading this, because it's very long. However, I wanted to be sure to try and cover everything that happened.)

Throughout my transaction with softtnite, I handled our transaction cordially and professionally. softtnite absolutely did not show me the same respect, and I will not be doing business with her again.

To begin, I gently made it clear that I wasn’t sure if my offer for her eun-a was acceptable to softtnite and that she was free to decline and wait for another buyer if she deemed it inappropriate (screenshots of PMs will clearly show this if needed, screenshots will also show exactly what my offer was-- leaving no room for confusion). I also noted in our conversation that I wouldn’t at all be upset with her if declining was the route she’d opted for, hoping that those words would ease away the possible anxiety that some may feel when turning something down. After she agreed to my offer, however, I didn’t think that it would be such an issue for her to simply take my money and ship my doll like every other seller I’ve dealt with has always done-- even during my temporary absence from my home state.

Suddenly, softtnite went from going to ship my item after the first payment “tomorrow,” the day after I paid, to shipping it “Tuesday or Wednesday” to “before Friday.” I’ll have you know that she didn’t follow through with any dates that she gave me. Now that USPS offers domestic buyers (we are both residents within the US, and I told her about this route) the option to merely print a label off at home and schedule a pickup, there really is no justification for excessively late shipping schedules despite the circumstances. She could have even left the box in a safe place and allowed the USPS worker to pick it up for her, eliminating 90% of the work. She need only pack the doll and print a label.

I tried to be sympathetic and patient when she mentioned a family emergency, but when softtnite had chosen to nip at me by saying: “Since you aren’t there, and since you basically got her for a steal, I hope you won’t mind this unexpected delay in her arriving,” I had realized that she cared very little to follow through with her own promises, and that she cared very little to respectfully treat this deal as it should have been treated from the beginning: as a business transaction. Her comment was unnecessary-- this was one of a few, actually, that she’d made towards me-- considering the fact that, not once did I make to force her hand into accepting my money. The option to decline my offer was always on the table. Again, this was evident, and I have proof through screencaps.

Halfway through this ordeal, without even talking to me, she refunded my money, giving me even further excuses on how she was upset about her family accident and how she was going to have the box professionally wrapped but how she’d misunderstood my offer and how she'd decided against shipping my item. Initially, feeling sympathy, I offered an additional $25 despite her having accepted my first offer. When she suggested the shipping would at least be $30 (a price for a 15lb box shipped via USPS priority would be $17 without insurance, and just a few dollars more with insurance), I then offered her $35, in good faith, for shipping. She eventually accepted the new deal and I sent full payment + $35 for shipping for a second time.

The transaction, from the time she received my first payment to the time she completely flaked, to the time she finally sent eun-a after a second payment, to the time I had to grind a partial refund for the excessive shipping she charged, in total, took over 20 days, when shipping was supposed to have been done-- according to the doll’s listing (also screencapped)-- in 1 to 3 days.

In the end, I’d like to note that: I am leaving something like neutral feedback-- but, again, absolutely, I will not ever do business with softtnite. I wish that I could go as far as leaving negative feedback, if I could, for the fact that she literally sat on my money for a week and a half before refunding it without any communication beforehand and for the fact that she threw a few passive-aggressive and unprofessional remarks in my direction. She claimed to have misunderstood my offer while giving me date after date and excuse after excuse. Claims of misunderstanding me, when I was very clear from the beginning, made me feel as though she were trying to extort more money from me after she’d agreed to my initial price. I also learned that I wasn't the first person she had done these things to, making all of this look something like a bad habit.

I think others need to know that softtnite finds it acceptable to cancel transactions past the point of them supposedly being finished for the sake of obtaining more money. Others also need to know that not one time did she follow through with any date of shipping she gave me. I had to go through PayPal for a partial shipping refund before it was granted. My doll was packaged poorly, and I don't believe I would have received her at all had I not opened a paging thread here. In most settings, this is completely shows bad business ethics. I would have been more forgiving had softtnite canceled our transaction prior to my first payment and prior to her having sat on my money for ten days following-- and, I would have been more forgiving had I felt that there was a better management of emotions on her end. But, that wasn’t the case here at all.

I hate to leave such unfavourable feedback, because she initially seemed friendly and kind, but this was not at all a good experience for me, and I'd sincerely and truly hate for anyone else to deal with the same thing.

When money and items are involved, you have to put business matters before feelings and before personal issues. Customers expect for a degree of professionalism from you, and maintaining your communication and your relationship with those that are trusting you with portions of their income is important. I did not feel as though softtnite took that into consideration with me.

Thank you

Link to my paging thread:

https://denofangels.com/threads/paging-user-softtnite.803699/

4. Link to my negative feedback: https://denofangels.com/threads/paging-softnite.805745/

Unfortunately softtnite is now banned, I think my thread was the last prior to the banning so I'll throw it in here. And my problem was a simple request for the COA of a doll. I do not believe the doll to be recast, it came in the original box and looks legit to me. however softtnite was never able to send the COA due to medical problems. I would not recommend this seller to anyone simply due to the wait times and unreliability. She seemed very nice, but also was unable to fulfill her end of the transaction. No harsh feelings or words, just sad that it came to this.