1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback for Volks Websites

Sep 30, 2007

1. www.volks.co.jp (Volks International)

* What did you order? Dolls, outfits, shoes, wigs
      * When did you order? multiple orders
      * How was the communication? good
      * How easy was it to pay? very easy
      * How long did it take to ship? usually 2 or 3 days. one order took longer.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes absolutely
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? shoes, wigs and outfits are like the sales pictures. dolls look even better!
      * Were you satisfied with the product? very
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A

other: as a customer located in Europe, I find it really annoying that I am excluded from earning points. I understand that they can't let us join a club until they have a base here. However why can't we earn points? Korean companies don't discriminate against foreign customers in their points systems. I love Volks dolls but I don't feel like an appreciated customer.

2. From both volks.co.jp and VolksUSA -

* What did you order? Dolls, clothes, shoes, tools
      * When did you order? 2004 to present, pretty much at least several times a year
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy since they accept credit card for both the international site and VolksUSA
      * How long did it take to ship? The international site ships much faster since they use EMS. The longest I've had to wait was 4 days for a doll. The USA site is a bit slower since they use UPS ground but I usually get my orders within two weeks (the only exception being my Yo-SD Puff since he was a preorder)
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Definitely! I've heard complaints about VolksUSA charging a bit more but I feel that it's justified considering they have to import all the items. In the end it balances out for me since I was paying more for the shipping on the international site.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? They almost always look better since Volks never tries to overdo their sales photos. On one occasion I bought a pair of shoes that didn't look exactly like what I had imagined but that was pretty much it.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Of course :aheartbea

My only grievance is that their online store never has as much in stock as their physical stores. It was always nice to go into one of the Sumikas and find tons of stuff, sometimes even leftover stock from past Dolpas.

3. www.volksusa.com (us site):

What did you order?
      * Stringing Tool for Super Dollfie
      * Dollfie Stringing Tool for Head Parts
      * Volks SD Elastic Cord/2m
      * Doll Wig Stopper/SD Pitatto Wig
      When did you order? May 28th, 2008
      How was the communication? There was no need for special communication,
      since they email me the order status when it was shipped.
      How easy was it to pay? Very easy (paid by credit)
      How long did it take to ship? It arrived on June 6th, 2008. So a little over a week.
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes
      Were you satisfied with the product? Yes

4. I ordered from VolksUSA.

* What did you order?
      2 sets of pastels, MSC UV Cut, acrylics and gloss.
      * When did you order?
      June 10th, I think.
      * How was the communication?
      None needed.
      * How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy. :3
      * How long did it take to ship?
      It arrived June 16th.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      I suppose. It's all super tiny though. xD
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes. But it's all way smaller in real life. xD
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      Haven't tried it yet.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      N/A

Yesss. My stuff came today. xD
      I was sitting in my room and heard a PLUNK. The mailman chucked it over our 6 foot gate, lol. xD

5. I visited the volks usa store. Many of the question are non applicable to my situation but I can say that the staff were unbelievably helpful and gracious. The manager left his lunch break two times to help us and they were very polite about letting me buy a few special display items. My mother was with me and asked a lot of questions and the employee did an excellent job of explaining things (like high prices and such) in a way that my mom could understand.
      Overall a fantastic experience!

6. What did you order?
      An FCS MSD Girl

When did you order?
      In June at Dolpa NY

How was the communication?
      Good

How easy was it to pay?
      Easy as swipe your credit card.

How long did it take to ship?
      Four Months

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      I haven't received her yet, she should be here tomorrow.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      I'm not sure yet.

Were you satisfied with the product?
      The product unfortunately isn't the problem... Volks is.

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      They haven't, they don't solve anything.

The Story
      Back in June at Dolpa I ordered an FCS MSD girl. My girlfriend and I moved to a new apartment in September and since she was supposed to be shipping the end of October I made sure to contact Volks before the end of September with my new address. Volks said it was no problem and she would be shipped to my new address.

A couple weeks later I revceive another email from Volks informing me that a mistake was made with my FCS order and I wasn't charged for her seam sanding, and they would send her as soon as I emailed them my credit card information so they could charge me. I sent Volks an email back explaining that I was incredibly uncomfortable sending them my credit card information via email, and that I was also concerned with the fact that they were asking me to pay for their mistake. Not only were they asking me to pay for their mistake, but with the huge drop in the Canadian dollar between June and now... they were asking me to pay extra for their mistake.

Volks emailed me informing me that they had found my credit card information on file since I had ordered from them before and was it alright to charge me that way? They ignored everything else I had said in the email entirely. I was frustrated at that point and just told them to go ahead and charge me because I just wanted my doll.

On Monday they sent me an email with her tracking number and a link to the UPS website.

I had specifically asked for EMS shipping because of the charges UPS makes for taking things through customs. So now, not only am I paying customs fees on a doll that is "worth" more than I paid for it because of the drop in the Canadian dollar, but I'm having to pay UPS's ridiculous fees because Volks couldn't be bothered to ship her the right way.

So the UPS site quoted my girl's delivery as today, and today I get up and check the tracking, eager to see that out for delivery status. And sure enough... she's out for delivery. In fact, there's been a delivery attempt made... at my old address. The address Volks reassured me over a month ago that they wouldn't send her to.

I have never had a company make so many mistakes and leave their customer to pay for it on a single purchase. So I'm now paying probably over $100 (this isn't including the customs fees I expected) more than I would have paid on this doll because Volks couldn't be bothered to do several things right.

And their response to my emails?

"Sorry, we'll try harder next time."

Sorry Volks, there isn't going to be a next time.

7. Volks International

What did you order?
      SD10 Doll-Sara to be exact (Pureskin, not renewal)
      When did you order?
      November 7, 2008
      How was the communication?
      Very good. I got emails to let me know they got my order, when my payment cleared, and when it shipped.
      How easy was it to pay?
      As easy as using paypal usually is. The ability to use paypal is why I went with the international site as opposed the the US site, even though it was more expensive.
      How long did it take to ship?
      Four days, but I ordered late on a Friday night. I suspect it would have been shipped quicker had a ordered during the week.
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Very much so! I see now why people rave about Volks dolls (this was my first).
      Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      No, actually it looked better. Volks pictures (at least for the Pureskin dolls) are rather blah while in person they are much more beautiful.
      Were you satisfied with the product?
      YES! I have plans to purchase quite a bit more from them in the future.