1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fickle Owners?

Apr 11, 2012

1. How do you guys feel when you see a seller sell away their doll just to get another one?

I think it is their choice to do so and if it allows me to buy a doll I really want/ like and helps them with whatever they are trying to do then so be it. :)

If you've done this, have you ever felt like...guilty at all?

I haven't ever done it so I can't really answer.

What are your own personal reasons for letting one go for another?

I have one doll I would consider selling at the moment simply because he is to heavy for me, I love him to death but he is a heavy boy and with a hand injury it makes things hard, even basic posing.

2. Truth be told, I don't know most people on this forum well enough to know how frequently someone is buying or selling. I don't browse the MP often (though I have on occasion), so I don't have any clue about it.

There are some members who have dolls that do stand out to me, and if that one happened to go MIA for a while, I would wonder what happened... but anything could've happened - face up comission, new face up in progress, modifications, repairs - the doll doesn't have to be sold to be absent for a while. Until that person has a totally different doll that they use the same name for, then I have no idea what's going on.

3. In general, I like it when people decide to resell their doll if they no longer take an interest in it. It is way better than keeping the doll in its box in a closet for years, thereby giving no one any joy. Four out of the five dolls that I own I bought second hand from their original owner. One of the dolls was one of my dream dolls that I never would have been able to otherwise acquire as she was a limited edition and the chances of the company producing this doll again is slim (She is a Bambicrony tan). My experiences dealing with buying from a collector is way better than the experience I had dealing directly from the company.

The only time that I get really annoyed with people reselling is when they buy a limited doll for the express purpose of "flipping" it for a handsome profit. This is what is called "scalping", and it does reflect on a person's character who sells in this manner. It's a form of stealing, in my opinion.

4. How do you guys feel when you see a seller sell away their doll just to get another one?
      It really depends on the situation. Personally I see nothing wrong with selling a doll for financial emergency type reasons, or any other reason you might need the money. I also don't see a problem selling your doll for another doll you end up liking much more. What i don't like is when people will blindly buy dolls, without taking the moment to think if they'll like the doll or not, and give it no thought. To me, a doll is something special, because they are not mass produced. There is someone who worked very hard to make this doll, it should be appreciated, not just tossed aside and passed along to the next owner.

I've never sold any of my dolls. I tried to sell one of my dolls because I was short for rent, but no one ended up buying her, and I was actually really glad no one ended up buying them.

What are your own personal reasons for letting one go for another?
      I wouldn't let one go for another. I love my dolls too much and spent a long time choosing them. (except for one of my dolls that I won from a contest :P but I still wouldn't sell him)

5. How do you guys feel when you see a seller sell away their doll just to get another one?
      I don't usually unless it's a feeling of "WOO HOO! There IS a Santa after all and boy did he finally deliver!"

I have and no, why should I? It's a toy. I don't feel guilty upgrading a phone, I wouldn't feel guilty over selling my basic Kindle to raise funds for an iPad, I sure wouldn't feel guilty selling my candy red Escape for my dream of a candy apple red Mustang GT (-droooooools-), so I see no reason at all for me to feel guilty over selling a doll to get one I like more.

I'm not answering the last question. I don't see a need to justify a reasonable and accepted practice in life. o_o

6. I don't see what's wrong if they wished to be fickle... After all, it's their choice, and they did pay for the doll.

They're free to do as they wish.

7. I think it's better to realize that the doll is no longer something you want and find it a nice new home instead of saving up for the "perfect" one and then stuffing the old one in a closet.