1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Finding Time for Your Dolls

Nov 30, 2009

1. I wish I could bring Jade to work with me, but I don't think I want to carry her through that rush hour crush of people in the mornings and evenings (I use public transport)... and I have no idea how my colleagues would react to her.

Part of me wishes I could go back to Uni days so I could have her sitting beside me while I did my essays... XD

2. I usually just have my boy sit near me/on my lap. Whether I'm watching TV or on the comp/phone, ect. He just hangs out next to me. It's a way to spend time without actually really having to do anything. lolll

3. I should feel guilty for not checking on my dolls regularly, but I don't *_* hehhee

At least I think this is what a 'hobby' is all about. You do it when you have free time. Whenever you don't...well, patience.

On weekends, when I don't have anything else to do, then I take them out of the box and try to take a few pictures, change clothes and stuff.

4. Bought my first bjd dolls this summer, travelled on the business trips around Europe. Could’ve taken them with me on the photo shoots. But since I’ve bought them till now, don’t have time to even take the pictures of their faces. *sobs*
      I suppose for me it’s the collecting part is important, the feeling that I have it. I can display it in my room, not necessarily take pictures of, but certainly admire them.

5. Usually its kinda hard, with 40 hours of work a week, school, a boyfriend and our little puppy. I injured my foot a couple days ago and the extra time I have I am using for my dollies. So I guess I just have to get injured to have some dolly time. :-D

6. I usually find time to mess around with them at least every other day or so--it's nothing extravagant like sewing an outfit or setting up an elaborate photoshoot, but I'm satisfied with just handling them and doting over them. I am a full-time college student, however, so I do have other responsibilities :| but the dollies are a good temporary distraction when I want to take a break :sweat

-M

7. Even though I don't work (on disability) I take care of my 93 year old Mom with mild Altzheimers & that takes up a lot of my time. What I end up doing is "stealing" time for my dolls, usually late at night after Mom's gone to bed.

There're so many things I want to do with them, sewing, jewelry making, even just changing clothes & wigs & rearranging the displays but there never seems to be enough time to fit it all in.

8. LOL! All of the above! :lol:
      Winter is a photo shoot killer! I hate the loss of daylight hours. Even before I got into dolls, I hated it. My utopia is a tiny island near the equator. With dolls and camera.

BUT, work must. SO, I take doll to work. Got busted for taking doll AND camera (and having too much fun, I suspect) so just take doll.
      It's gotten to the point where, yesterday, I didn't bring a doll because I was hoping for my Soomlet to come in (and he did!) - and I got Questioned about not having a doll in that Doll Designated Spot on my desk. :lol: ...feeeeel the brainwashing! :mwahaha

So... my answer? Like Kirk, I cheat. I take them to work for those tiny oh-so-uplifting moments of dolly zen that keep me from .... well so many things that would find me out of a good paying job. :lol:

Otherwise, when I'm not working the weekend, it's the weekends for doll-time!

9. When I was working, I would usually bring one with me when I decided to crash in front of the computer or watch TV until it was time to sleep. That way I could relax after a long day and still feel like I was getting time for the bjds as well.

10. I work and attend university plus spending time with family and friends. Sometimes I just leave my girl on her shelf and enjoy her from afar while I relax on the computer, other times I have her sit with me or next to me and just fiddle with her outfit abit. Her presence makes me happy so I don't always feel the need to 'play' with her.

11. You're welcome to head down to my part of the world. Singapore is right on the Equator, and is a VERY tiny island, so... XD :lol:

12. It's not simple for me to find time for my dolls.
      But I see them every day and it's very important for me. ;)

13. i'm a full time student and work part time, though lately i've been pulling double shifts, not to mention i have finals next week and 3 projects all due. I usually have my doll with me when i do homework and such and play with her when i take breaks. Everyone needs a break, otherwise the words just start to blur together.

14. I have part time job during the week (ie. I go to work in the morning, and then I go to College in the afternoon/night) and I work full time on the weekends. I don't even have a day off because when I'm not working, I'm in College >__<

Sometimes i don't even have time to sleep and when I can find some time for myself, I spend it in my bed lol or reading a book.

It's very hard for me to spend time with my dolls nowadays. *sighs* yes, i see them everyday but I only touch them like twice a month!

However, I always choose one or two days just for them (which I find more tiring than going to work or College!*_*) So, yeah...I only get to play with them once or twice a month.

15. I'm a stay at home mom, but this year I've been homeschooling, so my time is certainly eaten up by school and then I have to do my chores, plus I also pick up our neighbor's kids at school.

I don't have a lot of time to spend with my dolls. =( But I do have them all on stands on my dresser in my bedroom so I get to look at them several times a day. I think having them on display somewhere you frequent helps overcome the knowledge that you don't get to spend lots of time on them. It helps me at least. :)

16. LOL! Don't tempt me! :lol: I was six years on Kwajalein, RMI. Betcha it's smaller! ;)
      Spent vacations on Guam, Pohnpei, and Hawaii. I looooove me them islands! :bcupcake

Oh, and OT, my husband doesn't like the dolls, so they stay in their room. But when he's on the road (or in the air) for work, the dolls come OUT to play! They can be found on the couch, in the kitchen, in the bathroom... ;) It's like a big doll party when he's gone. :lol:

17. I'll be honest- I often go weeks at a time without doing anything with my dolls other than look at them. I work full time so if I want to take photos it pretty much has to be on the weekend, but I'm not a very good doll photographer anyway, nor do I buy outfits/props/etc for them at a pace that would give me more reason to take photos frequently, so if I take photos of them once a month that's a lot!

But they sit on the shelf behind the couch, which is where I spend most of my time at home, and I often glance over at them and smile at their cuteness, or sit them down next to my laptop or on my knee. So even if I don't spend a lot of time taking photos, making new clothes, doing faceups, or other effort-intensive activities, they still make me smile even if just for a minute or two a day. Plus, you know, they're dolls... so it's not like it matters if I leave them on the shelf for a month when I'm too busy to pick them up and change their outfit or whatever. When I have the time or desire, they're there. When I don't, they'll just sit on the shelf looking cute. *shrug*

18. My guys chill on my shelf where I can see them, and, honestly, that's enough for me when I'm busy. I'll do photoshoots or have them sit with me when I feel like it, but I don't need to constantly be messing with them. School's only from 7:50 to 3:35, but I take advanced classes and our art teachers weigh us down with so much work that I have little energy or time left over for anything. Basically agreeing with most of the previous posts...

19. I dunno. I find time for them somehow, despite working full time (usually doubles and always 6 days a week), plenty of pets, and having a pretty active social life.

I DO make sure I go to every monthly meet we have, even if I'm only there for an hour or two. On the days I'm working, I do take time to at least *look* for somethiing nice for them online, even if I don't actually play with them. I think, in a normal week, I only play with them for an hour all together? But it's a well enjoyed hour, so I def wouldn't think of leaving the hobby over a lack of time for them.

20. It is hard for me too. I do not go to work everyday since I have my own firm. But very often I get comissions that eat entirely 2 or 3 days of my life. I work 24/24 then and on those occasions I miss my dolls very much.
      Luckully I can afford a cleaning lady and my fiancee is cooking light meals for me when those comissions take place, but it is very tiresome.
      My little honeys are beside me when I work. They sit next to the notebook all the time I need them. Still I can't sew for them and can't play with them on that time.
      I just think about the future moments when I will finish and have another large sum of money to buy new wigs, new shoes or annything to be happy with them.