1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

first time buyers nerves?

Dec 1, 2008

1. I'm a horrid impulse shopper, so I tend to kick myself after I make some purchases. Consequently when I saw Nicco on the DDE website I was all I WANT!!! I WANT!!! but I made my self wait a day to see if that would change... its a lot of money to spend on something I was going to be "meh" over in a week. But I figured after 24 hours and I was still thinking of him, not being able to concentrate on my NaNoWriMo and planning to take him with me places, there was a good chance I wouldn't be "meh" at all.... so I hit the buy button with pleasure! :lol:

2. Wow, that's so cool...I can't wait to see what it feels like to 'break that spell.'

It's kind of like losing your dolly-virginity in a way, isn't it? I know that sound wierd, but bear with me.

3. I totally love how you phrased that XD

Anyway for me it was a lot of thinking "You know its expensive...why do I want it?" after playing with a friends doll...I couldn't stand NOT having one XD And then it was a matter of finding a doll I loved not just liked. My choices went from AS Gabriel, to Elfdolls Soah and Hazy and finally Bobobie Espree but I hated Espree my parents almost forced me into getting her and then I saw Ophelia, instant love and I knew its worth buying, I'll play with her and take her places and now she's sitting on my lap as we speak ^_^

4. auuggh! you're right! that's exactly how i feel! :...(
      by-the-by, i love your avatar/icon. i lurve all the azumanga daioh peoples XD
      my only problem is that i imagine ALL your posts in her voice, haha.

5. No doll meets in my area sadly, the closest one would be some time in April about 14 hours away, while I am going to it I'm not sure if I'll get to play with allot of dollies.

I guess I'll keep looking huh? I'm glad it's not just me who gets a hard time seeing past all the pretty-ness company sites put up ^^ I always love the support everyone here gives, it'll be great once I can bring myself to order something home and have parents glaring at the lovelies for a few months -_-

But yeah. I think it's the, deciding between practical use and luxury and the constant 'if' questions which make it all so nerve wacking.

xD doll virginity, nice

6. wow, really? o.o; there's nothing closer? that's.. irritating. I'll have the same parental reason, i think. I feel your pain there.
      yeah, i'm surprised at how nice everybody is too X3
      remember, you can always make up excuses about practical applications for these gorgeous beasties. For me, it's all "ooohhh, i'll um... sell... things... and... maybe for faceups for... money?" and such. this helps more than it should >.>

7. I'm a seller's nightmare. I hardly ever buy anything, because I hate to spend money. Everytime I want to buy a doll it takes me weeks before I manage to find the nerve to hit that buy-button. It's so much money! And my bank-account looks so empty without it! And everytime I have the same conversation with myself: is this doll really what I want? Is it worth the money? What happens if it turns out I don't like him?

I hate to tell you, but in my case the nerves didn't disappear with my second doll.

8. For buying it was rather fast - i mean when i decided to buy a doll i just did it quickly, because when i more thank about it, the more expensive i wanted, so i back up on my intuition and firs impression.

But now it starts a horror: in what condition it arrived, what if they forgot something to send to me, what to do in the post office etc. >_< .

9. After debating with myself over the price for months & months I finally took the plunge & yes, I had a case of nerves when I did. But it was also such a rush knowing that these beauties would soon be home. Thank goodness dear Jennifer at Dolls & Friends was patient with me & talked me thru the entire thing.

It definitely got easier after that as I had learned that I did indeed love these dolls & I felt confident that they wouldn't disappoint me. It's still a bit of a high though whenever I order a new doll. Resin addiction?

10. Ooh, I'm having a terrible case of buyer's remorse. I just paid for my boy's body, which was nerve wracking enough in itself. My dad was the one who physically clicked the "buy" button for my boy's head, so I've never done that until now. This is also the first time that I've spent anywhere near the vicinity of several hundred dollars of my own money on anything this unjustifiable.

I'm starting to worry about every possible mishap that might possibly happen. Not to mention that I just saw the body being sold on by Luts for about seventy dollars cheaper because of their currency readjustment. I'm trying my best to rationalize paying the extra money, and it's kind of working. D:

11. I lknow I can not spak much on this, but I remeber my first time seeing a doll I wanted. When I heard of the fact that I could get one custom made (Minime) I was very happy. But like you. I seem to had that moment of 'Hmm, should I really do this?' Numerous times I came witht he money, but life seems to rip the money for my hands. Why, last month I had the money with tax included for first class hipping, for the Pado doll, but my computer broke and the hard drive killed over. I of course had no way to purchase said doll without the net present. So, I had to spend over half of the saved money to buy a new computer. >.< It was very depressing for me. But now, I look forward to the new year or at least the end of this month to buy a new doll mself.

I of course can not express enough how it felt about to hit that 'buy' button and then almost changing my mind. But I know I would be constant in my doll. I love dolls. But hopefully just look at the doll really look, and if anyone you know or in the area has one, ask them about things on how to keep the doll up, take care of it, and ask on how you know the strings need to be changed often, that sort of thing. I found out a lot of young people, seem to want the doll for the look only, but when they find out about how much they have to groom and care for said doll, they give up.

But if you know all this, then by all means, maybe just looking i fine. I feel personally, that if you can reconsider buying the doll or not, then you are not ready. Think of it as trying a new flavor of Ice Cream, can you handle it...

(Stops rant)

12. I haven't felt nervous about it, I'm mostly just anxious for my shipping notice, so I can see what my substantial amount of money got me, and plotting and planning. I'm pretty excited about it, actually, which I guess is a good sign.

13. I just purchased two dolls last month... still waiting for them to come home. They'll be my first BJD. Right now I am very nervous and semi-regretting the fact that I spent so much. I keep asking myself 'do I really want them? What am I going to do with them? I could have invested the money on so and so'. Then I'll see other dolls from different companies and wish i bought those instead of the ones I purchased. I'll start to see more imperfection on the dolls I got... I really start to doubt my decision. But maybe the other dolls seem more attractive because I'm not getting them and they're my 'wishful thinking' dolls while the ones coming home hit more of the 'reality' part of life.... MONEY already spent. I have to remind myself that I picked them for a reason.
      Well, I guess this doesn't really answer the question... I guess I can finish the other half of the answer once they arrive home.

14. I feel a little similar. I bought one doll 45cm so the cost isn't so hight>, but i ask myself - why not you choose 60cm, what if 45 will be too small etc. But when recall why i decided on this model i think it was good choose <cheapest, my shelf is too small for 60, and he really looks sweet <Mo from DZ ^_^ > .

Ah, and I sad to myself: it's a present for myself for graduation from college, for Xmass, for my ... saint's day ...and i could think more about the point to buy it - it easy idea to less my worry.

15. I'm still waiting for my first doll, but I haven't had any doubts at all about wanting him, or if I've made a mistake. I KNOW I want him.
      It's not the same story with my second. I've found one I want, but I'm sitting here still thinking about it, whether I'll bond with him, or if I really want him as much as I think I do. Maybe I don't, and I'll waste all of that money. :?

16. Oh, yeah, I can relate. It took me about 3 months to talk myself into buying my first doll, 1 1/2 years ago. I was terrified at the thought of spending so much money, especially since I was living alone, my last parent had died several months earlier (no asking mom and dad to cover my rent!), and I was subbing instead of having a steady job. Plus, since he's a basic not a limited, I didn't have to make an instant decision as with most of my others, so I could waffle to my heart's content. It was only the Nanuri event, with the lure of a free head to sell later, that clinched it for me. I still felt like I might have a coronary before I completed my order, and then there were the two months of waiting and worrying about everything that might go wrong. But I was so in love that I HAD to do it, and I'm happy to say I loved him when I opened the box and love him (and all the others that came later) still!

17. I feel like that everyday!!!

I will always question myself on what I will de when I get one, will I like it a few days and leave it in a box, is it worth it??

Everytime I know it is what I want, but the waiting is just too horrible so I still ask myself those questions XP

I cannot wait to get the doll and stop having those doubts XP
      My mom is not helping either as she does not understand the point XP

18. I paid for my first doll two days ago and I had moment of doubt. But it was only a moment and it was brushed aside immidietly with 'but I WANT this doll'. I dont know :\ It's not like I am rich or something, but I had no really bad (or long) time saving for my doll. Like, 2 my jobpays? Off course, on this money I could have buy something else... but. All my other jobpays I have spend on ridiculus, pointless, not-very-usefull things. And I love them all)) So buying a doll is not very different. I want her, so I saved for her and get her. And now I cant wait for her to arrive :)

19. this is kinda my situation lol. but i bought one anyways.
      my friend and I were looking at them... she made me click the *pay now* button, or i would have chickened out. after you get over the initial shock of "omg. i just payed that much for a DOLL????!!!!!" you just get super excited.

20. I'm sitting here right now deciding if I should hit the buy button on my first boy - ack! I was going to wait for a while - I've been looking at several dolls of a while now and am going to my first meet in January. But, I think I've found the one - I've found myself randomly thinking about him the last few days. Today I even named him and started getting glimpses of his personality. But, I'm still nervous!!